• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 4,559 Views, 153 Comments

Somehow, I'm Twilight Sparkle. - Full Tome



I'm not sure how, but I just woke up, and I'm Twilight Sparkle. How did this happen? Really.

  • ...
31
 153
 4,559

4:14 (A.M.)

There’s a weakness; in the window; place my footprints; in the dark realm~

Music? Oh wait, that’s my phone. What song is this?” I wonder, caught halfway between dreaming and being awake.

There’s lonely voices; like a scarecrow; in the hallway; like a lost ghost~

Wait, what time is it?” I think as I smack my pillow off my head to look at my alarm clock, set to go off eight minutes later.

In the bedroom; I see a shadow; from the moon with light from a candle~

“Oh.” I say groggily, and then try to lift my head so I can slide off my bed.

*TANG*

On a bed-frame; lies a girl; her reflection; in the mirror~

Freakin’ headboard.” I thought to myself as I slid to the side of my bed and went to stand... And then gravity seemed to shift.

Ladada dadada dadada dada dat dada~

I’m not used to tripping like that, and it took my mind off hitting my head, but it’d been awhile since I’d last done it, so it really doesn’t strike me as odd. I twist around to try standing again, but from the floor this time, yet somehow run into the same issue of lack a center of balance.

I like your eyes wide~

The fall was at least a little more graceful, as I didn’t manage to completely hit the floor. I was waking up with all this falling, that much I can tell you easily. I’m not getting much ground, which I find a little strange. “Blugh.” I sound out absently.

Ladada dadada dadada dada dat dada~

That’s when it struck me that my voice was currently very feminine sounding... “Weird, I sounded just like Twilight for a moment.” I thought for a moment... I’ll be honest, things were starting to freak me out at this point.

At least I was able to reach my phone now. Barely, but still.

Knocking at your backdoor~

Now that I finally... dropped my phone? Alright... That’s happened before. I swept my arm passed the outlet that my phone’s charger was plugged into, taking up the cord and lifting it in front of my face with my...

Is that a hoof?

Ladada dadada dadada dada dat dada~

Alright, now everything is starting to run through my mind from when I woke up to that point. I seem to have lost my balance when I went to sleep last night, I smacked my head on something it usually rests atop because I’ve got enough padding on the bars of my futon to make it so my head sits at the same level as the top of it, and I’ve got a hoof in place of a hand.

I’m now once again trying to stand up to head to the lightswitch, taking a moment to look to my legs to make sure I’ve got my footing right... and once again, I’m seeing hooves in place of my hands and feet, not to mention that my legs are sticking out at odd angles from my body.

At first I thought someone broke them while I was asleep, but then I noticed I don’t hurt, not to mention that when you feel enough pain while asleep, you wake up and I hadn’t been woken up once last night.

I’m not even paying attention to my phone as its alarm is going off, which isn’t really that hard, since it’s not my loud alarms. I take a moment to force myself onto all fours, which seems rather natural... except I have no idea how to walk around... and I’m once again too short to reach the doorknob, let alone my TV so that I can play games for a while to try and take my mind off things.

Everyone’s gone to bed at most five hours ago...

I feel afraid for my well being for the first time in awhile, discluding whenever I’ve been more than four and a half feet off the ground. I’d start hyperventilating, but that would only give me more reason to worry. Besides, I’m not short on breath or trying to take in too much oxygen.

Using what knowledge I had for walking on all fours from when I knew my body, I start moving toward my lightswitch so that I can take a good look at myself, since the sun’s not up and my blinds are down, like always, my room’s pretty dark.

This doesn’t mean I can’t see; I’ve lived in a dark room ever since I was thirteen. I’ve never liked to have the lights on, and so I left them off at night. Heck, I like the dark, so I even put a few blankets over my previous window to keep light from the streetlamp from getting into my room. I’m used to darkness, so seeing things isn’t an issue.

… Not that there’s anything on my floor that I don’t know exactly where it is, let alone what it is. I’m obsessive compulsive, I make sure my room is organized, and that means trash goes in a specific area.

Anyways, it feels a little goofy, but I could walk. I’m not used to the way these joints move. I mean, yeah, I’ve been curious, but going from phase zero testing to final phase isn’t my usual thing when it come to this.

Yeah, I almost never play video games on anything less than normal, and even normal is a difficulty level I hardly play, but there’s a fine line between ‘I want to know what this is like’ and ‘I want to play this game.’

I finally got over to my lightswitch, and tried to use my wall as support so I could reach the lightswitch. I’ll be honest, I failed the first time, falling to my right... which is where my door is... and my room having an awkward angle door, I hit my door, then fell backward onto my skateboard... which had a basket and bucket on it full of a whole bunch of stuff.

Lucky me, I only broke the handle of the basket where I mostly landed on it. That, and I knocked most of my stuff back into the bucket on reflex once I noticed my skateboard threw it upward a little bit where I landed on the opposite end.

I rolled off my skateboard onto my side to stand up, and picked everything up that I didn’t knock back into their containers and set them back inside. That being said and done, I now went back to trying to turn my light on.

Or at least wanted too, because that’s when my alarm clock started screaming at me to wake up.

“You’re a little late!” I yelled at my alarm clock as I walked over to turn it back off. I still felt off balance, and the struggle to turn off my alarm clock did little to improve my slowly degrading mood.

Lucky me, my family is a bunch of deep sleepers, so I can get away with yelling at inanimate objects at 4:14. (4:14 A.M. For those of you who use the A.M./P.M. system.)

Oh, and my phone’s alarm is now in snooze mode, so it’s playing Echo by Gorilla Zoe now. Good song, I think. Once the lyrics came along I actually started to hum it. Not surprising, but I really am sick of hearing my voice as Twilight’s.

After I stride back over to the door, I try propping myself up on some headboards I’m planning on using as furniture for my room... which, fall over under my weight, since I’ve forgotten that they're not exactly well balanced.

Once again, I have stuff on my floor that shouldn’t be there, and I’m not a whole lot closer to getting my light on so I can see myself. In fact, with my camping bag that’s sitting next to some beds that are still sitting in my room for some reason, I’ve managed to move the headboards-that-are-soon-to-become-furniture away from the wall where they’re supposed to be.

Once again, I try propping myself against the wall to reach my lightswitch, and to my further frustration, I actually manage to do what I’ve been trying to do for the past ten minutes.

After cleaning up my room, again, I finally get around to looking at myself. No, I don’t have a mirror, I’m not a girl, I actually had to look down at my feet to see... Hooves.

I go to look at my hand... Another hoof.

I look back at my legs and see... Oh no...

That’s Twilight’s cutiemark...

You know how I just said I’m not a girl?

Scratch that, the feminine voice I’ve been hearing is mine, and it’s Twilight’s.

Somehow, I’m Twilight Sparkle.