• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 4,546 Views, 153 Comments

Somehow, I'm Twilight Sparkle. - Full Tome



I'm not sure how, but I just woke up, and I'm Twilight Sparkle. How did this happen? Really.

  • ...
31
 153
 4,546

I'm already tardy.

Conner and I end up talking for a few hours, like we usually do. I don’t even remember all the details of the conversation, as usual, but I leave the conversation feeling a bit better about not being able to use magic.

As my brother pointed out several times during the conversation, at least I am a pony.

He set up a cot we have lying around the house in front of the computer so I could use it. It was a pain getting back upstairs, but I managed to do it without falling.

Anyways, I had to hold a pen in my mouth to push the keys on the keyboard, and use both of my front hooves to utilize the mouse, but soon I was on Equestria Daily. Been a little over a week since I’d been there last.

I see a new flash game or two, but I don’t think I’m able to play them, considering I’ll lack the ability to use the keyboard in a timely fashion. But that’s not what catches me.

Back several pages, almost a week ago, there was apparently an announcement from Princess Celestia herself involving the people who’re become ponies.

I went into the post thingy passed the break to find there was apparently a youtube video of it. Not surprising really, considering how fast bronies work.

Soon, there was a half filled press room on the screen of my computer.

“I... suppose you’re all wondering why Lauren called this conference.” Said a man nervously. “You see, the last two days, she and Tara have been afflicted with a condition that was unknown to us, until the culprit revealed himself. I...” He paused, seeming to hesitate. “Maybe it’s best you all see for yourselves. No questions will be taken.”

The video went eerily quiet, and if what happened to me was any indication, I knew why the conference room fell silent.

What I seen though, was actually surprising to me though.

Not only did I see Princess Celestia entering from the right, but Princess Luna as well. Guess that explains why I’m Twilight, where Tara became Princess Luna.

I only knew this because I was reading about the video during the conference room’s silence. Well, that and Princess Celestia was the one to take the podium.

After a moment of pause, Princess Celestia finally spoke up. “I-I...” Okay, not a strong start... “I know you all must be, uh, shocked about this. Believe me, I am too. But please don’t doubt me when I say that I am Lauren Faust, and she,” Lauren said, pointing one of her white hooves to Luna. “is really Tara Strong.”

Lauren seemed to be taking a breath at this moment, but the video is a little hazy. “The reason I called this conference today is not to tell what happened to us. As you can see, it’s obvious.” This made me shudder. Celestia’s voice always does that when it lacks humor. “I called for this because this is the only way to assure I am heard by my target audience. You see...” I then hear what sounds like coughing, so I assume she’s clearing her throat.

“There is one other out there like us. I don’t know who, or where, but somewhere there is a person like us. Changed. Into a pony.”

… Wait, am I the only one? No wait, it’s an announcement about people becoming ponies.

“But this will not be the case for very long.” She went on, pulling my thoughts back to the video. “Everyday, someone else is afflicted, and this will continue until...”

… That can’t be good...

“Yet, the most important thing I have to say is this, to those who find themselves changed.” And then, she seemed to pick out the camera from where she was and stared directly into it, which was really unnerving.

“If any of you find yourself to be an element of harmony, I need your help. You need to come to New York.” She stared a moment longer before turning her head away, sighing. “No further comment.”

I believe I need to start studying. I hate studying.
-

It’s now closer to two in the afternoon, and I’ve watched the video several times by now, as well as looked up several transdimensional travel theories, and I’ve come up with several numbers on how much of the world was now ponies.

Smallest number was nine including the princesses, but the largest was only a little short of being a thousand.

Most of the bigger numbers were crack theories that didn’t make much sense when I went back over them a second time.

Speaking of second times, I can finally remember waking up this morning, but it gets kinda fuzzy passed going downstairs because I was hungry. Something about a can and magic... and something else about hair...

Could have sworn I’d gotten control of my memory issues by now. That’s what I get for thinking I’d gotten a hang of my split personalities.

I suppose I’ll have to deal with those even in Twilight’s body, even though she... Okay nevermind, she argues with her own reflection... Her sanity is debatable.

Anyways, the most reasonable numbers are between nine and eighty people in the world now being ponies, and I myself had to find a way to New York, where I was now Twilight Sparkle, the Element of Magic... who, for some reason, cannot use magic.

I wish I could just make someone else Twilight Sparkle instead, not have to deal with the trip to New York. I’ve already had my lifetime’s worth of cross country trips, I didn’t need to suddenly have a reason to go on another.

Yet, here I was, as Twilight Sparkle, needing to go across the U.S.A. to get to New York. Where at in New York? Who knows, I only got a state, not a town or city. Chances are I’m wanted around New York City, New York.

That’d be my best bet.

What all do I have to work with? Can’t have my parents drive me; my dad is disabled and my mom needs to make sure he gets all his medication, my sister, Aamira, works, my older brother’s fiance, Kate, works, my older brother, Becker, needs to stay so that my dad doesn’t try and lift anything too heavy, and my younger brother, Conner, is too young to drive.

As well as all that, My other sister, Bera, is married and off in North Carolina, and any other family that might have helped are all in Utah.

That means I’m on my own, with only fifteen dollars, and a few hundred miles to cover.

How am I supposed to do that?

I suppose I could only pay for transportation, but I’d only get so far before I’d have to walk. I’d have to sneak out early in the morning tomorrow after packing. No issue with that.

I’ll need a map, and I’ll need to pack some food, a few blankets, and possibly a tent. My family has an atlas of the U.S, so I’ll have a map ready. I’ve got a blanket on my bed, and there’s a few other lying around the house that I could take.

I think I’ve got a tent strapped to that camping bag in my room, so hopefully that’s already taken care of. The issue is packing food. Greens don’t stay fresh very long when they’re not kept in a refrigerator, unfortunately, and I have no idea what weeds taste like.

I might have to figure out though, considering lawns are actually nothing but weeds... Not looking forward to that.

Even if I do all that, it would take me forever to reach New York... Looks like I’ll have to leave my comfort zone more than once. Social networking, you’re my only hope for getting there in a timely manner.

Well, considering I was probably expected to be the first to get there, where I’m Twilight Sparkle, I could already consider myself to be tardy. Well, again, I’m not Twilight, I just look like her.

That said, time to make a FaceBook...