• Published 3rd Jan 2012
  • 2,561 Views, 86 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: The Last Job - Da Bunnana King



What do you get when you put an SAS soldier in a world filled with ponies and maybe bacon stips.

  • ...
22
 86
 2,561

Prologue

The Conversion Bureau: The Last Job
By Da Bunnana King

Prologue
-79 years before the appearance of Equestria on Earth.-
-Somewhere in Western Australia-

He stood there at attention amongst other men and in green colored uniform, shaking with anticipation. Nervousness did not overrun his excitement though; no longer did would he be recognized as a grunt in the Australian military, but as an SASR counter-terrorist. All the training he had gone through seemed just like yesterday - climbing up the sides of mountains only later to absail back down, all the hours spent at the shooting gallery to bring his shot to perfection, and the time he was hiding in the bushes in a ghille suit to ambush his fellow trainees. All the memories seemed to flash past his eyes as he stood there waiting for the ceremony to end.

When he heard the order to break off he was ecstatic, "Finally," he muttered, "now I can get out of this suit and into something more comfortable." As he walked of the parade ground he hear a familiar voice call out his name.

“Lieutenant Valera!” Called the voice,

The Lieutenant turned around whilst saluting, “Sir!” standing before him was his old sniping instructor. Captain Milner stood with his arms folded, wearing full combat armor as if to go into battle.

“I have a preposition for you that I think you might like.” Replied the captain in his thick British accent.

“And what would that be Davis?” He greeted his old teacher by his first name – they were very good friends.

“I want you to join my squad.” Announced Davis,

Valera was surprised, “What?! When did you get a squad... and why are you in combat armor?”

“All in due time but come on, we don’t have time to spare. We're also leaving now since you really had no choice in the matter. Now come on.”

And as quick as Davis Milner spoke to the newly graduated SASR solider, he was leading the young man down a hall to his quarters. Valera had to retrieve his combat armor and anything else he though he would need, for what ever the Captain wanted him for.
=====

“Sir, if I may ask.” Asked the Lt. hesitantly,

“What is it Ulysses?” replied Davis in a cold stern voice,

“Well, what exactly do you want me for? I mean… There are others who are probably more qualified for your… ‘squad.”

“Well. I want you on my squad since you’re the best shot I’ve seen ever coming out of the SAS, ever. That and we need your help to stop a crazed man who is trying to start a World War.”

“… Your kidding me right… Didn’t we stop Osama, or was that America lying to the world to show us that their still top dog.” Replied Ulysses as his jaw dropped to the ground,

“Come on lets go, our ride leaves in two hours. And also, bring gear for a HALO jump and lots of ammo. Because where we’re going, we are going to need it.” And with that the Captain left the room leaving Ulysses to pack his equipment and prepare for something he knew he would enjoy.
====
- 28 hours later over the rainforest in Brazil-

“Three minutes out boys. This is it lads. Well be in the rainforest within four minuets so check over your equipment.” Shouted the Captain over the intercom trying to be heard over the loud roar of the engines.

As Ulysses checked over his equipment to see if he had everything in order. First he check his G36C, checking to see if the magazine was full and making sure that the bolt wouldn’t jam when fired. Next he looks at his newly assigned M107 sniper rifle. It's wasn't a simi-auto rifle but a bolt-action rifle that is heavily modified to the task needs in the jungle; it had a dark green tint on it. He looked it over, making sure the rounds in the magazine were in and that they would chamber when the bolt was pulled back. Just like clockwork. Last but not least was his side arm, a gray 9mm USP with a tactical light and his knife. Both he had trained extensively with.

“One minute everyone. Good hunting boys.” Said the pilot for the last time.

“You heard him... Ulysses, lower the platform.” Commanded Davis while the other two members of the squad were getting up to perform the jump,

Ulysses strolled casually over to the right side of a plane and hit a red button with a sign saying ‘Ramp’. Once the button was hit a hissing noise assaulted their ears, since the cargo bay on the plane was pressurizing to the outside. The ramp’s hydraulics kicked in and the rear cargo bay doors lowered. Ulysses took his position, staring at a red light near the end of the cargo bay, waiting for it to change green.

Seconds later the light flashed green and the Captain yelled “Go!” signaling for the four-man squad to begin the HALO jump.

Ulysses waited for this moment, he always loved to go skydiving even before he joined the Australian Army. So a HALO jump for him was not only a walk in the park but a form of entertainment for him. Once he reached the end of the ramp he gave a large jump so he would get some more high and also to cause him from tripping when he got out.

As he fell he truly felt free, it felt almost as if he were flying. Time flew since his mind was in another world. But as soon as he felt a large wave of cold come over his body, as he had just passed the cloud layer, he new his fun time would end since he had seconds be for he pulled the cord on his chute, he had a moment of longing, wishing he could fly. Ulysses had a sharp snap back to reality when he pulled the cord and he was yanked back by the force of his parachute.
====
-4 days later in the jungle out side a camp.-

Both Ulysses and Davis were wearing ghille suits with an unusually dark green tinge to it.

“Alright” said Davis to Ulysses, “You ready to stop a mad man, today?”

“Yes, lets just hope I didn’t forget the magazine this time.” Responded Ulysses sarcastically,

“Shut up and get ready, the target is almost in sight. And it was your fault you fell over and dropped your pack in the swamp.”

“Yeah, yeah, I'm still blaming that branch… Lets get down to business.” He replied whilst inserting the magazine into the rifle and pushing the bolt into place. He placed his right eye on the sniper scope to see a zoomed in view of a wooden shack with a terrorist wearing a balaclava patrolling the window.

“He’s in the wooden shack to the East next to the guard tower.”

“Roger,” as he moved the rifle a few millimeters to the right. “Target in sight, waiting for the go ahead.” The target was a man with a green bucket hat who was waring a bandolier of ammunition and two grenades, he was wearing a green pair of cargo pants from what Ulysses made out and a dark green t-shirt. He also had pail white skin and an eye-patch covering his left eye which had a large cut down it.

“Roger, green light. Green light to engage.” Replied the Captain,

“Smile for the camera” muttered Ulysses under his breath, and with that he felt the recoil from the rifle as he fired. Time felt slowed down as he saw the wake of the bullet leave a trail in the air with frightening precision. The man drop to the ground and his comrades to raised there guns in alarm.

“Nice shot, I think you got him in his good eye too!” Said Davis, chuckling, “Right lets get outta here, Brick and Salamander are waiting for us at the evacuation point. Lets just hope…”

Thud

They all turned to see a small smoke cloud forming above the terrorist camp.

“Alright we got thirty minutes. Lets not keep them waiting.”

“Roger.”
====
-Several months later after the assassination which caused Ulysses to go on many other missions with Davis and his squad.-

It was just an ordinary day on the base for Ulysses, or so he thought. A man waring a pair of glasses approached him. Nothing seemed special about him, he was shorter than average, and he seemed to be balding because of his horrible come over. He wore a white button up shirt and black dress pants and shiny leather shoes.

“Are you Lt. Valera?” asked the strange man, Ulysses noted the thick German accent,

“Yes I am, how can I help you?” Replied Ulysses,

“I am Dr. Freuenheifer and I represent on my behalf NASA and we are needed of your assistance Lt.”

“Alright. Who’s the target?”

“You… wait what. Oh wait we don’t need that type of help. We need you as a test subject in a project for the NASA.”

“O-kay than. So why type of project? Ohh does it involve space?”

“Its to see if human could be in cryogenic stasis for prolonged amounts of time and well… you are the only one who seems to be physically capable of our experiment. And of course your payment is very large which will be given to you once you emerge from cryogenic stasis.”

“Okay, I’m in.” he replied, Ulysses had no ties to stop him,

“Okay then, pack some clothes, your weapons, body armor and anything else you would need and meet me on the tarmac in two hours.”

“Just one more thing Doc. Could you give my money in advance to my family… since… well they need it and it was also a reason I joined the Army.”

“Okay then, see you at Cape Canaveral Lt.” he said turning his back to him walking off into the office building.
====
-Six hours later at Cape Canaveral-

“Ok Lt. please remove your dog tags and place them on the tray in front of you and then follow me please.” Said Dr. Freuenheifer. Ulysses did as he was told and removed his dog tags from around his neck and followed the doctor down a maze of corridors to a room filled with tubes leading from the ceiling to a large metal tube with a small glass window in the middle.

On the plane ride over to America from a base that was placed some-where in the Great British Isles, Ulysses learned that he possessed some from of mutation in his chromosomes, which was extremely rare. Apparently he was more resilient to disease and infection, making him stronger and also quicker to heal.

“Please remove your clothes and put on the jumpsuit.” Asked a man in a white surgeons coat.

Lt. Valera did as he was told and removed his clothes and sported a shiny silver jumpsuit with blue wires circling him. The material of the suit felt as if it were polyester but it was cold to the touch like metal. It seemed that it was designed for him as if they expected him to say yes. After a few moments the wires on the suit turned a darker form of blue to a one with a small red hue to it. The suit also seem strangle more itchier now that it did while placing it on, he also felt like the suit was prodding him with needles underneath his skin.

“Now please step inside the Stasis pod so we can begin.” said the Doctor,

Once Ulysses was in he asked the doctor what had puzzled him from the first moment, “So what now? Do I turn into an ice cube and you put me in the fridge?”

“It’s a bit more complicated than that, Ulysses. We replace your blood with a synthetic replica and some nitrogen and then freeze you to solidity. After being put under, of course, so most of the process will seem quite quick.” Responded a young medical technician, probably the Doctors assistant.

“Ok then, take it away doc.” Before anything happened the glass seemed to turn into some form of one way mirror.

Ulysses could now see his reflection perfectly. He had dark blond hair with hazel eyes and a rounded face that made him look like an eighteen year old, even though he was roughly twenty-nine years old. A fine mist filled the chamber and Ulysses eyes grew heavy. He could barely manage to stay awake but he was able to say this, “Why does it smell like grape?” and then he succumbed to the blissful sleep that was brought on by the anastasia.
====

Authors Notes: Well to get things straight. This is an experiment into writing, and I would greatly appreciate it if you commented with tips helps suggestions, problems and criticism. Special thanks to Cailet for help with the editing and making of some of the names but now on the part with the ponies.
Bunnana AWWAAAY!!!
-Bunnana King