• Published 23rd Aug 2011
  • 4,345 Views, 25 Comments

Transformers - The Energy of Magic - StreakTheFox



Transformers G1 meet My Little Pony G4! Havoc insues!

  • ...
9
 25
 4,345

Giant's Cave

Chapter 3 – Giant’s Cave

~{0.0}~

“Alright, we’re here Fluttershy.” Twilight Sparkle called out to her friend as her and the other 4 ponies trailed behind her. Fluttershy was waiting at Twilight’s library home for her and Pinkie to come back with the others.

“Oh good, and thank you all. I hope I’m not causing too much trouble.”

“Don’t mention it sugarcube,” replied Applejack. “We’re more than glad to help, even if ah still feel a bit ill from last night’s hoedown. But, ah’ll get over it.”

“Yeah, so where did you see this thing fall, hm?” Said Rainbow Dash, rather excited to see what may have fallen from the sky.

“Oh, uhm, it’s past the Everfree Forest. I would go myself, but I’m a bit too… uneasy going by myself. I’m sorry.”

“Oh don’t trouble yourself deary,” Rarity said comfortingly. “We’re here to help each other out every step of the way.”

“Okay then… thanks. So, I guess we should get going then.” The rest of the ponies nodded in agreement, and soon were out of Fluttershy’s property and heading through the thickness of the Everfree Forest. As they traveled, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were in a discussion about last night’s party while Rarity and Pinkie Pie were discussing party Decorations.

“So AJ, what’s really IN that stuff we had last night anyways?” Rainbow Dash Questioned.

“Well, ah can’t say ah know for sure. Apples is apparently the main ingredient, but ah don’t know how it gets that kick. Granny smith knows, but she ain’t ready to let out her secret itseems.”

“It was weird, but like, in a kinda cool way. I felt all relaxed and, kinda silly to be honest.”

Well ya sure was acting like a silly filly, that’s for sure.” Applejack smirked a bit towards Rainbow Dash.

“Hehe, yeah. I kinda can’t remember what happened much that night… I think I passed out.”

“Oh no, you were wide awake and active as ever Dash. In fact, you seemed to be a might bit more outgoing than ya usually are.”

“Whadya mean?”

“Oh, nuthin really…” Applejack giggled a little to herself but held in a wide grin. Rainbow dash leaned towards her, catching on a bit.

“Wait, what happened? What’d I do?”

“Well, ah reckon we all found out a little sumthin about you Dash, seein how ya got kinda uppity after our little showdown.”

“Uppity?” Rainbow Dash was confused, but pressured AppleJack to tell more.

“Well, a little bit after our drink-off, Pinkie Pie was snacking on some of her specialty cupcakes that she only makes on occasion. When you went over to get one, she had already taken the last bite of the last cupcake, so…”

Rainbow Dash’s ears perked, and though she now remembered seeing Pinkie eat the last cupcake, she didn’t quite remember what happened afterwards. Looking back, she saw Pinkie still focused with her and Rarity’s discussion, so she turned back towards Applejack.

“So… what? What happened?”

“Well Sugarcube, let’s just say ya got a bit more of somethin to taste than just a cupcake… hehe.” A slight blush appeared on Applejack as she recalled the incident, but Rainbow Dash still was rather lost. She couldn’t put a hoof on it, but Dash knew something was funny about what she recalled from last night’s events.

“Wait, what did…” before Rainbow Dash could finish her question, Twilight spoke out at the front of the group, catching everyone’s attention.

“We’re here everpony.”

The group of six stopped and looked forward as they passed the last line of trees, revealing a large metal object protruding from the bottom edge of a mountain, with most of it covered by dirt that seemed to have slid over it after the crash. The part they could see was very wide, and had five circular cylinders that seemed to be sticking out of it. A small trail of smoke seemed to be seeping out of the center of each cylinder that rose up into the air, but the trails were so small they could not be seen from a distance. Twilight approached a corner of the object, and placed a hoof on it while channeling magic through her horn.

“Hmmm, this thing’s definitely made of metal alright. But why is it orange?”

“More importantly, what could it be?” Interrupted Rarity as she slowly approached from behind Twilight.

“Oooooh, maybe it’s aliens!’ Pinkie Pie shouted out abruptly. “Oh wow, this would be so cool! If they were aliens, then we could welcome them to Equestria and throw them a party! Oh I just wonder what kinda parties they like, I hope they like my parties but I make some of the best parties in all of equestrian so I just know they will absolutely love it!”

“Calm down now,” Applejack said, placing a hoof on Pinkie’s mouth. “We don’t know what it is, so just keep your cool for the time bein.”

Though Applejack was right, the others were starting to think about the possibilities of aliens now. Fluttershy slightly cowered backwards a bit, and Twilight looked nervous herself, having never read anything on any aliens before. Still though, there hasn’t seemed to be anything that happened to this object since it crashed, so the question still remained of what to do.

“Well what are we waiting for?” Dash called out as she flew up above the pile of dirt covering the object. “Let’s get digging!”

“Ah dunno Dash, we aren’t sure exactly what it is yet.” Applejack approached with caution, lightly placing a hoof on it to get a feel for herself of what it might be.

“Yeah, c’mon! Let’s just dig it up and say hello to the mr. aliens inside!” Pinkie pie happily hopped on top of the pile, found a random spot, and began to dig. Seen, all 6 – including Rarity, who was using a shovel controlled by her magic – were busy digging around through the dirt to try to clear some of it out. Every time somepony dug a straight hole, however, they were constantly met with a part of the object that really wasn’t any different from any other part of it. It seemed at first to be like some sort of metal shell, without any way to get inside, until Applejack found what seemed to be some sort of door.

“Hey ya’ll, ah think ah found something,” she called out, beckoning the others to group around her and the hole she had dug.

“What did you find?” Twilight asked.

“Ah’m not sure, it kinda looks like one of the cellar doors in my apple farm, except… different.”

“Can you open it?”

“Ah’ll, try, but it don’t seem to-“

As Applejack laid a hoof on a square piece up against the square-looking door, the piece sunk down and lit up. Applejack backed up against the side of the hole, but in a second the entire thing opened up, sending her falling inside while she screamed.

“Applejack!” Everypony cried out as their friend plummeted into the darkness.

“Ah’m okay! …ouch” called out Applejack after a few seconds.

“What’s down there AJ?” Twilight called.

“Ah’m not sure… it’s dark, but ah think ah see a light down this here tunnel.”

“Rainbow Dash,” Twilight said while turning to her rainbow-mane friend. “Can you lower me down there? I’m going to use my horn to make a light for us to see.”

“Sure thing Twi.” Rainbow Dash grabbed a firm hold around her friend, and slowly lowered them both into the darkness, landing with a light clank with their hooves against the metal floor.

“There, now then…” As Rainbow Dash released Twilight from her grip, she raised up her head and started channeling a steady stream of magic into her horn, causing it to shine brightly and illuminate their surroundings. As they looked around, the walls, floor, and ceilings were all made of the same metal that coated the outside. Other than the little bit of dirt that came in with Applejack, the entire place was also very clean, having little to no loose specs or particles. Although the metal wasn’t shiny, it was quite obvious that it wasn’t dirty either. Peering down the now visible tunnel, there was another source of light just as Applejack had noticed.

“You three,” Twilight called, looking up at Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie at the top of the hole. “You wait there while we explore this a bit. If you need us, just call out, alright?”

“Okey dokey lokey Twilight!” Responded Pinkie with a big smile.

“Well then, shall we?” Twilight looked towards the other two ponies as they nodded their heads in agreement. The three then began walking forward, heading first towards the light while Twilight’s horn kept the immediate area around them lit. The tunnel they were walking through was extraordinarily large, and Applejack was lucky that she didn’t break her legs from the fall earlier. It seemed like the tunnel was perhaps even taller than some of the houses in Ponyville.

Suddenly Twilight stopped and put her hoof out, letting the other two know to stop as well. She went silent, and listened closely towards the light.

“Do you girls here that?” She asked, leaning her head a bit towards the light.

“Hear what?” Asked Applejack.

“I think I hear voices… maybe somepony’s in here.”

The three drew closer towards the light, with now Applejack and Rainbow Dash starting to hear the voices as well. The tunnel seemed to take an abrupt turn near the end, and that appeared to be covering the source of the light. The three now grew worried, the voices they heard weren’t any they recognized, and they also started to head the sound of metal clanging against metal, as if something was walking with metal hooves. What’s more, there was more than one voice, as Twilight was able to distinguish 3 or 4 separate voices. The image of aliens started to show up once again in their minds, and even that now started to seem like a logical explanation to Twilight.

“Well hold your tailpipe I’ll go see if I can hook it up” A voice suddenly called out from just around the corner. Without warning a large, metal figure walking on two legs rounded came into view, towering almost to the top of the tunnel and looking down at the three ponies. The ponies stopped dead in their tracks, looking up in surprise and fear at the incredibly tall ‘whateveritis’, staying frozen as its glass eyes peered down at them.

“What in the world…?” The voice coming from the large metal giant said as it looked down at the ponies. As it seemed to be about to lean down towards them, Applejack suddenly screamed out at the top of her lungs.

“M-M-MONSTER! RUUUN!” With that, the three ponies screamed and took off as fast as they could down the tunnel they came from, with Rainbow Dash even using her wings to take off as fast as possible. None of them bothered to look back, as they heard the metal steps behind them keeping pace with their frantic sprint. The light shining from the hole soon came into view as they galloped down the hall at full speed, passing a feeling of hope through the ponies.

“Dash, lift us up, quick!” Applejack called out to Rainbow Dash above her. Without a reply, Rainbow Dash swooped down and pick up Applejack, carrying her up towards the hole. Though she was a strong, athletic pony, she could only carry only one other pony at a time unless she had momentum behind her. Twilight looked up as she reached the underside of the hole, Applejack being pulled to safety leaving her alone in the depths of the cave.
She looked back, the monster now shooting lights out from the sides of its head, shining through the darkness right at Twilight. She backed up, hoping that Rainbow Dash would come down soon to rescue her, but without warning the hole suddenly closed up, cutting off her only escape route. She continued backing up, looking around frantically for some sort of direction to run, but the path behind her was quickly turning out to be a blank wall.

Her mind raced, the thoughts of offensive spells started to surface, but all seemed to miniscule for such a beast. Though she was able to defeat an Ursa Minor, she had a whole town of stuff to work with to only pacify the creature. But there was nothing in this dark, metallic cave, being closed in by a giant who would surely crush her to bits. Maybe it was alien, maybe it was there to take over their world and turn them all into slaves. She didn’t know, but it didn’t matter now as her flank pressed up against the wall behind her. She looked up as the metal giant closed in in front of her. There was no way out, no direction to run, no path or method of escape. She was caught.