• Published 23rd Aug 2011
  • 4,345 Views, 25 Comments

Transformers - The Energy of Magic - StreakTheFox



Transformers G1 meet My Little Pony G4! Havoc insues!

  • ...
9
 25
 4,345

New World

Chapter 2 – New World

-[-.-]-

“Is everyone alright?” asked Optimus Prime as he attempted to expel the smoke from his intake with what sounds like coughs.

Prowl leaned up from the floor, his head leaving a small but noticeable dent in the wall behind him. “Yeah… I think I mighta popped a head gasket, but I’m alright.”

“Gah, I’m leakin lubricant,” Complained Ironhide. The other Autobots also gave out ruffled and aching responses, but in all were relatively fine.

“What’s our situation?” Optimus said while slowly getting up to his feet.

Jazz got up to the maintenance panel which was beeping a mix of orange and red on one side, and yellow on another and read through the mechanical data. “Well, the ship ain’t in good shape sir.”

“Is it flyable?”

“That’s a big negative sir. Engines are busted, the outer thruster controls are fried, and almost half of the whole dang ship almost completely tore off in the crash. The only reason we haven’t blown up yet is the reactor’s shields held.”

“Alright, then. Men, let’s pull ourselves together and see if we can’t get out of here.” Optimus scanned the main view window and noticed a collection of dirt and rock covering the view. “We’re probably dug underground somewhere, so our first priority is to see if we can’t dig ourselves out.”

“You heard the man,” announced Cliffjumper as he got a hold of a latch on the ceiling. “Let’s tunnel outa this place and get to the surface!” As he opened up the hatch, he was immediately pushed down with a heavy flow of dirt that nearly engulfed him when he was brought back to the floor. He poked out his head and looked around before beginning to try to pull himself out. “Maybe this will be a bit harder than we though…”

~{0.0}~

The morning sun began to rise slowly over the horizon as all of Ponyville began the slow and aching process of waking up. The part last night was host to nearly every pony in the town, all of whom were up late and indulging themselves in all the sweet pastries and other foods that were readily available. Now that it was all over, the rising of Celestia’s sun would bring the beginning of a surely slow-start day for everypony.

The only pony however who seemed to not be held back by the festive lure of the party was Fluttershy, who was now flying up above her house to try to see over the Everfree forest. She was still in shock of what happened last night, and was now checking to see if it was a dream or not. Although it’s not unlike her to have a scary dream once in a while, this one seemed far more vivid than the others, so it was worth some investigating. Without being able to see anything from up high, however, she realized that she would need to pass through the Everfree forest in order to get to what she thinks might be a crash site.

Fluttershy is not a brave pony, however, and would almost never venture out into the Everfree forest alone. After a quick breakfast and a hasty checkup on all of her animal friends, she headed out to twilight sparkle’s place to see if she could recruit some aid. She softly landed in front of Twilight’s library home and began to softly knock on the door with her hoof. There wasn’t any noise from the inside, and Fluttershy again tapped onto the door softly with her hoof. She lowered her head, however, and thought she might be disturbing whoever was inside.

“Hi Fluttershy!” Said a voice that came directly behind her. Fluttershy cried out as she leapt forward and turned around to find Pinkie Pie looking at her with a vibrant smile on her face.

“Oh, uhm, Hi Pinkie” replied Fluttershy.

“Wasn’t the party last night just GREAT!? I mean, I know you had to go really early and all but it was just so amazing! There were so many ponies and so many games going on and I dancing and everypony was having fun and I was all Yay! Ooh and I think there was even this one part where the whole library was shaking cuz everypony was dancing so hard, it was so cool!”

“Oh, uhm, I’m glad you had such a nice time Pinkie,” Replied Fluttershy in a soft voice.” But, I’m kinda trying to talk to twilight. I mean, I just need to ask her about something, if that’s okay…”

“Oooh is she inside? I’ll get her for you!” Pinkie Pie happily jolted up to the door and began knocking the door repeatedly, making Fluttershy wince at the sudden loud sound. After Pinkie stopped for a moment, hoofsteps could be heard descending the stairs inside. The door opened to a reveal a ruffle-haired Twilight Sparkle who clearly had just gotten out of bed.

“Pinkie? Fluttershy?” She asked, whipping her eyes a little.

“Oh, I’m sorry to be bothering you…” replied Fluttershy as she backed up a little. “I think I should go, if that’s okay with you…”

“Oh come on silly, ask her what you wanted to ask” said pinkie as she smiled at her bashful friend.

“What did you wanna ask, Fluttershy?”

“Oh, it’s just that, well after I left the party, I thought I something big fly over us and land past the Everfree Forest.”

“Something big? Like a Dragon?”

“Oh, no, it was a big solid object. It just sort of, crashed into a mountain I think…”

“You mean, like a big rock? Or a meteor perhaps?”

“Well, Yes. I mean, I think so… I’m not sure.”

Twilight put a hoof to her chin and began to think of the possibilities of discovering and studying a space rock. She pondered the possible rare substances that may be used for powerful magic, or all the wealth of knowledge that might come from studying such an alien artifact.

“Alright,” she said, putting her hoof back on the ground. “Let’s take care of our morning chores first, I know Spike has a lot of cleaning up to do inside so I should help with that, and then we’ll gather up the other three and head out to where you saw the object land, alright Fluttershy?”

“Oh, thank you Twilight. I’ll be back here soon, I just have to go check up on things with the animals a little.” She turned around and began to trot down the road towards her house, feeling a bit more comforted now.

“Okey Dokey Lokey, I’ll go and make sure everything’s ready at the sweet shop! Se ya soon Twilight!”

“Later girls,” Twilight said as she closed the door to her house. She thought more deeply for a moment of finding a meteor near ponyville and all the wonderous information it would bring. After daydreaming slightly of such a find, she turned around to her library house, only to be reminded of the enormous mess that sprawled throughout the building. Twilight took a deep sigh as her horn began to glow, preparing to use some magic to help clean up this mess.

-[\_/]-

“Soundwave, report!” Megatron stood atop a rocky edge to a large lake that he was staring over with heavy frustration. Several other Decepticons were out around him searching the surrounding areas, checking their surroundings and setting a perimeter.

“The ship is non-operational, Megatron,” Soundwave replied from inside the craft using a transmitter. “Status, disabled. We require energon and parts to fix it.”

Megatron frowned and crossed his arms, still staring at the center of the large body of water. The unstable warp they had experienced hours earlier seemed to forcefully shut down most of their controls and fry a lot of the interior circuitry, sending them uncontrollable towards the planet when they emerged. Though their ship was largely intact, the mix of water damage and the energy pulsations from inside the wormhole appears to have the entire thing now stuck underwater.

Megatron looked up towards the sky, noticing that it would be morning from this world. Judging from the look of the planet from space, it seemed to be very vibrant with native life and host to a large array of colors. Surely a world such a large expanse of life would also be host to some extraordinary resources. As Megatron turned around, he saw Starscream and Thundercracker land before him.

“Lord Megatron, we have scouted the area, and there seems to be several sources of energy around here,” reported Thundercracker. “It seems we can just go out and take it.”

“I think we should focus on taking out the Autobots first,” interrupted Starscream. “They are on this planet too, and will try to stop us if we go out for energy. Let’s attack them now before they can attack us!”

“Hmmm,” Megatron thought to himself briefly, and then looked towards Thundercracker. “Continue scouting, but don’t go after anything yet until we know what we’re dealing with.” Thundercracker saluted Megatron and blasted off towards the distance. “Starscream, you go down with Soundwave and help him try to restore power to our ship.”

“But why do I have to help repair the ship?” Replied Starscream in a frustrated tone. “We should be using this opportunity to win the war, not tinker with a pile of scrap!”

“My word is final,” Growled Megatron as he turned back around to face the lake as well as continue surveying the surroundings.

“Don’t be so quick to turn your back on me,” Starscream said quietly to himself as he began to head towards the lake. “One day it’ll get you turned into a pile of charred metal.”