• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 934 Views, 16 Comments

A Walk Through Everfree - Spectral Tear



Choose Your Own Adventure (CYOA) story, featuring you as an earth pony, and a small party.

  • ...
6
 16
 934

CH.4 Save Luna

You figure that the attacker isn't an imposing threat at the moment, or at least, Luna is of greater importance. After all she did save your life. So you wander the edge with Rarity and Fluttershy close at hoof. They both watch the dewy grass as they trot behind you, not wanting to bring up the fact that you would've died if not for Luna. After some time you find that a wide ledge wraps around the cliff and leads to the bottom of the great chasm, which you proceed to navigate down.


Your head is filled with thoughts only of saving your princess as you carefully make the journey down. A couple of instances left you bruised and even supplied your left hind leg with a gash, but nothing keeps you from the bottom. Upon reaching the end of the ledge, you turn to share your relief, only to find that rarity is missing.

"Uh...Fluttershy," You start, "Where's Rarity?"

She turns around and scans the path behind you. "I don't see her, maybe she had to take bathroom break and wanted to be discreet. She should turn up soon."

Suddenly you feel the connection start to fade with the princess. But I've gotten so close, you think, why would the connection break now? You begin to make your way towards the center of the gorge, the rushing current of the river is loud enough to distract you from your thoughts. Soon you arrive at where the connection sends you, until it utterly shuts off.

Worry spreads through your whole body, what can defeat an Alicorn as powerful as Luna, even if she is weak? You push through a couple of bushes and peek into a grove surrounded by rocks.

Luna lies on a slab low to the ground, her neck abruptly ending with gratuitous amounts of blood pouring onto the now deep blue grass. You get sick staring at the stump, your princess who has perished in such a horrifying way. You turn, getting ready to lose lunch. Once your hacking is complete, your head lifts, and inside a nearby bush something glows. A pair of blue eyes stare at you, Pinkie emerges from the bushes carrying Rarity, Fluttershy, and Luna's heads. a long blade curves out of her hoof with your reflection shining upon it.

"My name is Pinkie Pie, HELLO!"