• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 934 Views, 16 Comments

A Walk Through Everfree - Spectral Tear



Choose Your Own Adventure (CYOA) story, featuring you as an earth pony, and a small party.

  • ...
6
 16
 934

CH.11 Confront Twilight

You give a glance towards Pinkie, she meets your eyes, but then blushes and starts off towards Twilight's house. You feel like one way or another, the adventure ends here, and you're glad Pinkie will be there with you to see it end. When you reach the door, you notice a white outfit sitting on the porch, a long stream of sparkles fly out and spread onto the nearby buildings. You give Pinkie a nod, and you both enter, ready for anything.

The house is dark, but the flames around the town provide adequate amounts of light through the windows. You hear hoofsteps coming from the top of the stairs. Motioning for Pinkie to stay put, you start ascending, not daring to turn around for fear of not being able to continue otherwise. You hear Pinkie's soft whimpering down below, then it stops suddenly. You push on into the observatory, finding a set of thirteen telescopes gazing at different points around town. Looking through one of them, you see a pony whose hooves had been chopped off by a broken section of metal, and was now lying, bled-out on the road. Another featured a carriage containing Jack's Jack-o-Lanterns according to the sign. Just as you've had your fill of sight seeing, you turn and find Twilight staring at you.

"Do you know what I want for Nightmare Night Mr. Party-Killer? Let me show you downstairs, it'll blow your head off how amazing it is." She starts towards you slowly, almost mindlessly, grinning the whole time. You grab one of the telescopes and toss it her way, she takes a blow leaving a gash on her forehead. "What's wrong? You don't like Nightmare Night do you? I love being able to eat pony flesh without it seeming weird myself, but everypony has their preferences right?" She starts towards you again, and as you go for another telescope, you feel a cloth on your face, and fall asleep.

~~~~

When you awake, your drowsiness wears off almost instantly. You're atop a table next to Pinkie Pie, whose shivering uncontrollably. She sees you wake up and stares at you, mouth agape, fear in her eyes. All you can do is stare back in shock, and wish she had never gotten involved with this. Twilight appears out of the darkness.

"I'm sorry about getting you involved with this too Pinkie, trust me, you were a great friend, and that mane is altogether horrible for this project, but you had feelings for this new character, therefore, I can't let you go."

You reach over and comfort her as best as you can, stroking her mane and giving her a warm hug, whispering, "I never wanted this to happen, I'm so sorry." She looks at you, "Don't be, at least you know the truth and I can die next to you."

"What a happy sentiment!" Exclaims Twilight as Fluttershy enters from the shadows, "Now who wants to become a Jack-o-Lantern first?"