• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 934 Views, 16 Comments

A Walk Through Everfree - Spectral Tear



Choose Your Own Adventure (CYOA) story, featuring you as an earth pony, and a small party.

  • ...
6
 16
 934

CH.10 Go Home

"Listen ponies," you start, "I didn't mean for this to happen to Luna, my dear princess, or for any of you ponies to have to suffer this obviously traumatic experience, but this isn't what I signed up for, so see ya later." You hide a smile and trot off into the trees, taking a quick glance behind you at the confused expressions of the ponies. They're so dumbfounded, all they do is sit there and stare at the branches they last saw you at. Wow, it's like they actually thought I was their friend, well their loss.

You walk into Ponyville central, all the cottages are ablaze and the ponies are frantically scattering around, trying their hardest to extinguish the seemingly unquenchable thirst of the inferno. You scoff, and continue on your path noticing Twilight's left her door ajar on her perfectly flame-proof house. Hmm, she needs to remember to shut door so nopony can get the bright idea of searching her house for evidence, I'll bring it up later. You arrive at your hut, and enter.

The smell of gooey chocolate and warm cookies escapes from the kitchen, where you find Twilight cooking. "Y'know, I can handle myself for at least one day with cooking," you say. "Well, can't your fillyfriend do something nice for you once in awhile? Honestly, it's like you can't accept gifts!" You both smile and embrace for a moment, then head downstairs.

The walls are lined with rows of brains you've collected from 'patients' throughout the past, they look inviting as you sit at your table. Twilight sits next to you and drapes her white outfit across the floor beside her. "Can you really end their lives from here?, I thought that wasn't able to be done because the current spreads too far," She asks.

"I've implanted the devices while you were giving the overview of our mission. By the way, I'll be sure to fetch Rainbow Dash as soon as we're done too, she'll only be a little sluggish from the sedative." You respond

"Well, Why are we doing it from here anyway? I thought the point was to collect the brains themselves, instead of having to retrieve them from here," she says.

"Yes, but this way we can have my servant, Scootaloo, collect the bodies and the brains way outside the detection line, while we sit here safely, and everything looks like a pure accident as they're stranded in Everfree," you respond.

Twilight nods her agreement, "Looks like I love the smart one, I can't compete with that."

"You still have a great plot," you assure her.

She giggles, and watches as you activate the small generator on the table, sending a shock to your party's brains and killing them instantly. "Would you fetch Scootaloo? Tell her we're going to have company tonight."