• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 1,076 Views, 13 Comments

Final Chain - Dumakey93



Fate can be a strange thing. Fate brings one man's dream into reality. But will the world accept it

  • ...
5
 13
 1,076

Do You Mind?

FP: John

I never knew that the wind could blow back so fiercely...this air is damp and cold. This is not the land I am looking for. These many years alone, without company, without much more than a subtle whisper. The things I had then are blown away into the darkness, never to be found. The memories are fading and the light dims, as I wonder if this can be real...

I awoke to find myself on a stone throne room. Various tapestries and cloths lined the walls and pillars. I faced two guards who looked awfully burly. I was subdued via magic, with my hands tied behind my back. A warm glow formed around the room, as I looked around me. I could not see what caused such a temperature fluctuation in the air, but it was then I saw her. A white alicorn floated down into her throne. Her mane was comprised of light colors, bringing forth a calming aura.

Her eyes looked into mine, and I saw...nothing. I squinted closer and saw it, a sun lighting up the skies. It blinded me, yet I never turned away for an instant, the sight was too beautiful to miss. We stared at each other for what seemed like hours, when she finally spoke.

"Welcome to Equestria. I sincerely apologize for the blow to the head earlier. It's just that we need to keep certain things under wraps, until everypony knows you're not dangerous. According to your memory, we've had few incidents like this before. Many of which have not ended well, it seems. Many of them involve my pupil or her friends doing some vile deeds nopony should speak of."

I listened to her chatter, and decided to interrupt her.

"Look, Princess..."
"Celestia."
"Yeah, I'd rather you not read my mind when it comes to those things in particular. Many involve massacres, rape, death, strange sexual developments, and so on. If you are that interested in the concept, we have plenty of things to talk about later. What's important right now, is that I identify myself, right?"
"Right, sorry, I got carried away..."
"By the way Trollest...er...Celestia, could you always read minds?"
"No, it's just that with you, your thoughts just float by, making it easy for me to read your mind."
"Like a headache that sends out thoughts instead of inflicting pain? Cool..."
"There's really no need to identify yourself now, since I can read your thoughts."
"I guess so. You know about the basic stuff, where I'm from and who I am, right?"
"Yes, that's about as far as I can go."
"Can we go someplace more...private? Like for instance, the room where you keep the Elements of Harmony?"

Celestia was took aback by this, but regained her composure and put a hoof to her chin.

"John, how did you know about that?"
"Well, I guess it's just the Brony within me..." Wow...did I just say what I think I said? Maybe I need to see if this is a dream or not... I began pinching myself, and it hurt. Yep, this is all real, fantastic...

"Why did you..."
"CHOCOLATE MILK!! Err...let's just go..."

Light shined through the stained glass windows, making precise patterns every which way. With that nonsense out of the way, we went down a hallway, where the "door" was. I began laughing hysterically, and Celestia rolled her eyes.

"Really? Are you that immature that you..."

I stopped laughing, and whispered under my breath, "DoorXCelestia shipping....LOL!!"

The door swung open, with the Elements of Harmony in a chest. I didn't bother to look at it, and the door swung closed behind us. The air felt a tad musty, nothing I couldn't handle. The room filled with light as Celestia opened the chest.

"Celestia, why are you opening the chest? Isn't that only for defending Equestria from evil-doers?"
"This chest can also be a truth device, showing one's true desires, wants, dreams, fears, and past lives."
"Much like a crystal ball, right?"
"Your getting to be a bit of a bother, so please refrain from talking right now."

Celestia's horn glowed with an intense white light, as we went into my memories.