• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 1,074 Views, 13 Comments

Final Chain - Dumakey93



Fate can be a strange thing. Fate brings one man's dream into reality. But will the world accept it

  • ...
5
 13
 1,074

Red Drops

The crowd stood still, while the song ended. John did not shed any tears, but felt goosebumps on his body. "Thank you all for listening to that. It's an original song, it has no name though. Thank you..." He walked off the stage, while everyone stood and stared at the man. His guitar strapped to his back, he called to Octavia and Vinyl, "C'mon, let's go home."

The two stood still, amazed at his song, and his abrupt exit. Nevertheless, they followed him to his apartment, never once questioning him about his song. They walked up the stairs in silence, only their feet were heard that night. The moon was full, and John still wanted to play one more tune before the night ended.

He cleared his throat and played a song many know, but few feel....Tears in Heaven.

He grabbed a cigarette, and headed outside. John looked into the night sky, and shed one tear. He flicked the lighter on, and smoke emitted from his cigarette. It seems we meet again, under the moonlight. Never mind that, I have to go somewhere first... He walked a block and stared once again into the night sky, fascinated by it. He snapped out of his trance and kept on walking. The night air was cold and unforgiving, but he didn't feel any colder. Suddenly an explosion rocked the street, snapping a street light pole. Somehow it missed John, but debris from the blast became lodged in his chest. He started to cough up blood, as his vision slowly faded. No...Lisa...Octavia...Vinyl...three that I'll never return to...death sucks...

A white light surrounded him, as he continued to puff his cigarette. "What happened to me? Did I die? Figures, right when I start to connect with people...." He flicked it away, and saw that the light was dimming. "HEY! WAIT! Don't go without...me..." John fell to his knees, the light having faded, he was now in complete darkness. He felt icy cold, then another sudden explosion rocked his eardrums. "What the-"

He sensed that he was falling, but where? And how fast? In any case, he was reaching the ground at maximum velocity. What, now I get to die a second time? Huh...this is just great. The falling sensation suddenly stopped, as John now was flying forward. He reached around him and saw his hoof clutching a rainbow mane? What is this? I must be dreaming... He finally realized what he was flying on, a rainbow pegasus. The creature said not a word, and finally landed on her four hooves.

"HEY! What are you doing buddy?"
John was disoriented, and didn't hear her question.
"Hey, I don't let random stallions use me as a personal pet! Tell me who you are!"
"Stallion...what are you talking about? I'm a human just..."
"What's your name?"
"My name? It's John, John Kramer."
"I've never heard of a creature with a simple name like that! Where are you from anyway?"
"I...um...I'm from Philadelphia, PA."

Suddenly, a voice cried out, "Rainbow Dash! What are you doing? And who is that?"
A purple mare walked up to John, her eyes scanning him.
"Who are you?"
Rainbow Dash responded, "He says his name is John Kramer, pretty funny name if you ask me..."
"Hmm...are you new here? I'm asking because I haven't seen you before."
John sighed, "No, I'm not from here, in fact, it seems as though I am in a completely different world. The one I was in earlier seemed a bit more detailed. Not only that, but I am on four hooves, instead of being a human with fingers. This is all too creepy, I think I heard of a show about this once...."
Twilight raised an eyebrow, "Really? A human huh? Well, it seems you're a stallion now, more specifically and Earth Pony."
"Really? Well that's just fantastic! First I'm rejected by a white light, then I'm sent to this cartoon world! On top of that, Octavia and Vinyl are nowhere to be found and probably alone on Earth! Now you tell me that I am a four legged creature that eats hay and sh**s rainbows!! This is unbelievable!"

John went on ranting, till Twilight knocked him out using a random spell.
"What did you do that for Twilight?"
"Simple, we need to as him once he's calmed down enough to think rationally."
"Well, you didn't have to use such drastic measures!"
"The point is Rainbow Dash, I need to notify Celestia of this right away. I have a feeling he may stay with us for awhile, we need to know as much about him as we can. SPIKE!!"

The dragon was nowhere to be found.

"Ugh! He's probably eating jewels or something. Fine, in that case, I'll write the letter myself."

Twilight took out the scroll and quill and wrote:

Dear Princess Celestia,

We have just found a random stallion who's name is John Kramer. We don't know if he is from this world or not. He calls himself a 'human', I don't know what a 'human' is, so I want you to personally look him over. After all, you do know best.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle.

She sent the letter to Canterlot and awaited a response. A small poof was heard, as Celestia quickly wrote back,

Dear Twilight,

At your soonest convenience, bring John to me as discreetly as possible. I will send four guards to your aid. Remember to be as sneaky as possible, we don't want John to wake up in a hostile place like the Everfree Forest. Thank you for sending me a letter notifying me of this issue. Good Luck...

Princess Celestia.

Four guards soon arrived, and carried John on their backs. They walked all the way up to Celestia's throne, and dropped him there.