• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 1,074 Views, 13 Comments

Final Chain - Dumakey93



Fate can be a strange thing. Fate brings one man's dream into reality. But will the world accept it

  • ...
5
 13
 1,074

Shattered

We both walked out the door towards Twilight's house. The sky looked very cloudy, as thunder boomed in the distance. My head was pounding for some reason, as my steps suddenly slowed. I didn't understand the cause of my headache, but I knew that something was wrong with me. My eyes began to water, and my throat narrowed, as I ended up gasping for air.

Rainbow Dash turned around to check on me, her eyes bulged. She flew quickly to my side, "Hey, are you alright?"

I tried to respond, but the words were caught in my throat, as my conditioned grew from bad to worse. I was falling at every footfall, and I could barely see straight. It was this, and the incoming storm that awoke me from my condition. I suddenly snapped upright, as my symptoms stopped cold. I patted my body and checked my pulse, to see if there was anything else that was wrong with me.

I started to get hot flashes and saw figures out in the distance. They seemed familiar, like I had known them for longer than an eternity. The air I took in seemed to suck the life out of me, as I collapsed on the dusty road, leaving Rainbow Dash to panic.

Waking up I smelled a strong scent of morphine, or blood, whichever I smelled, it made me sick. I tried to move my arms, but they felt like lead weights. I couldn’t even make a fist with my hands, I felt helpless. My eyes scanned the white room for any indication of where I was. I hated hospitals, much less ones meant for ponies, until my eyes were greeted with a grisly sight.

Turning my head to the door, I saw my x-rays. My bones looked like some jumbled puzzle that were thrown in a fire for some kid’s sick amusement. A doctor came in, as his face looked quite grim, but he smiled at me. As it turned out, the x-rays were from some unfortunate soul who had a traffic accident. I turned out fine, or at least my bones did.

Only then did it occur to me, that I was in my own world. Somehow, I was transported from Equestria to my world. It all seemed so odd, as I never was one for space-time travel, especially since I seemed to get seriously injured every time. It was egging at me, why I was being used in some sort of cosmic game, where I was a pawn and the world simply toyed with my mind.

I was deep in thought, apart from an unusual twitch in my temple that quickly became annoying. The door flew open, as two women rushed in and hugged me. My head pounded as I tried to remember their names, for I knew that they cared for me. Why couldn’t I remember? Is it the sudden transfer that made me forget? All of my thoughts were interrupted, as one of the women began talking to me.

I could see that she was eager to see me, as tears welled up in her red eyes. Looking over to the left side of me, I saw her companion sobbing with her hands over her face. The one at my right looked at me with great concern, as I tried to mouth words to comfort her.

I raised my head off the plain white pillow, as I uttered weakly, “Do.....I....know you?”
The red-eyed woman stopped her gaze, as her eyes widened in surprise. She spoke in a soft tone, “What’s wrong? Why don’t you remember me, or Octavia?”

I suddenly received a huge jolt of energy, as I jumped out of the hospital bed. My body felt white hot, as I tried to focus on the girls. I began to hold my hands to my ribcage, as I felt a stabbing pain creeping up my body. My mind shut off, as all I saw then on, was blackness.

“GET A DOCTOR IN HERE! JOHN COLLAPSED!”
“Hey, what’s wrong? John? Answer me, please!”

I could vaguely hear footsteps, as my senses began to dull, and I passed out on the cold floor.

My eyes opened as I found myself floating above the world. A figure approached me, and it stretched out its hand to me. I ran away from the figure, for I feared it would take me away from the people I loved, from everyone and everything...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment