• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 6,259 Views, 257 Comments

From Sky to Earth - RaijingtheClockworkPony



Soarin' has never had a marefriend and Spitfire is going to fix that.

  • ...
26
 257
 6,259

Forgiveness Before a Night to Remember

Fluttershy awoke from a restless sleep. Something was wrong but her waking mind couldn't tell what it was. She rolled over on her side and felt a sudden rush of sensations. The first one that she was certain of was that she was drenched in sweat. She was burning up and she didn't like it at all. The second was that for some reason her lower half was suddenly very sensitive. She threw the covers off to try to cool down and shivered happily as the air met her wet fur, cooling her down quickly.

She sat up and as her body finished its movement she became of exactly how sensitive her lower have was, or rather only a certain area. Fluttershy's wings unfurled instantly and she blushed deeply. Oh no! Not now!

The yellow mare bolted from her bed and rushed into her bathroom. She barely was able to see her reflection, but she knew what she looked like. Her mane was a mess; fur matted from sweat and was shaking slightly. A moment after that image flashed in her mind she pulled on the small handle to get to the medicine inside. She grabbed a small bottle and opened it. A small orange pile dropped down onto her hoof and she quickly tossed in her mouth.

She swallowed the pill quickly and placed the bottle of pills down. She looked at her hoof resting next to the bottle and noticed that she was shaking slightly.

I knew it was going to happen but... I thought I had a few more weeks before it hit me. I guess it's that time of the year... and a week before Soarin' and I head to his reunion.

The mare gave herself a small shake and hopped into a shower. It would take a few minutes for the pill to kick in and relieve her symptom. She turned the water on cold and stood under the shower head. The cold water drenched her, both being a welcomed relief to the sweating body, and something she regretted an instant later. She shivered again and took a deep breath. She did it again and again until she stop shaking.

Fluttershy sighed and turned the warm water on now that she felt more comfortable. The warm water felt like bliss after getting soaked in the icy water. She made sure to scrub the soap extra well to erase the smell of her condition. She stepped out of the shower almost ten minutes later and dried herself off. She stepped in front of the mirror and gave herself weak smile.

Well I guess this will be fine. I just need to take a pill a day and I'll be fine. Happens every year and I always make it through.

She reached over to grab a small towel and wrapped her mane up. Content with the wrap, she moved back into her bedroom and spotted a few animals looking at her then to the bed.

"Oh my... I'm so sorry to disturb any of you."

Her cheeks flushed red and she quickly grabbed her sheets and blankets. They would need a wash or they would smell horrible. She rushed down the stairs and moved into the small room attached to her kitchen. She stuffed the ball of cloths into the machine and started it. With a sigh of relief she moved into her kitchen and sat down.

Some of the bunnies and birds moved into the kitchen a few moments later with looks of concern. Angel Bunny bounced up to the mare and hopped up to her lap. He hugged her gentle and looked up at her, his eyes filled with a loving concern.

Fluttershy gave the bunny a small kiss and then looked at the crowd of animals. "I'm sorry for waking you all. I... I'm going through that time of the year again. I know you all are concerned about me but I'll be fine. I have the medicine to keep it under control. I'm okay; none of you need to worry. So, how about some breakfast?"

As she stood up she found her progress impeded by the small horde of animals gathering around her and hugging her tightly. A moment later she was picked up off the ground by the large paws of the brown bear. She was cradled in his massive forelegs.

"Oh, thank you for the hugs, and concern. It means so much to me. Thank you all so much."

The animals gave a small cheer in their own ways, from the birds letting out tweets, the rabbits thumping the ground, and the bear give a low growl. Fluttershy was placed back on the ground and started her daily routine. Hours passed as she did the normal chores for the day, and it wasn't until a little after noon that she got a moment to sit down.

She placed the small cup of tea down on the table and was about to take a small sip when a knock came at the door. With a small sigh Fluttershy got up.

Why did I have to get a visitor on this day? The first day is always the worst of the cycle.

She reached the door and took a small breath to ready herself. "Hello? Who is it?"

A light voice of a colt reached her. "Hi, my names Featherweight. I wanted to talk to you, if you would let me that is."

The timid pegasus opened the top half of her door and peaked out to look at the colt. He looked back with a nervous smile.

"Wh-What do you want to talk about?"

The colt shuffled for a moment then held up two magazines, the first was one she had seen before and she felt a small chill run down her spine, and the other was one she hadn't seen before but recognized the cover. It had her and Soarin' cuddled close together on a sofa.

"I wanted to talk to you about these... I, um... I was the one that took the pictures of you and Soarin' the other night..."

The colt's eyes fell to the ground and his ears pinned in worry. Fluttershy however just stared at the colt. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. A young pony had taken a picture of her and Soarin’ in a private moment then sold the photo to a gossip magazine? She shook her head for a moment.

As she sat there in disbelief the colt held up a small envelope. “I… I brought the photo’s I took so that no pony could use them again without your permission. I’m really sorry about everything that happened. If I had known how you and Soarin’ would have felt about it, I wouldn’t have taken the photos at all.”

Fluttershy opened the top half of her door a little more and reached out for a moment. Featherweight reached out and gave her the envelope. Fluttershy opened it up and looked at the photos. She recognized a few of them and noticed how many there were. She looked back at the colt and saw the fearful look.

"Would you like to come inside to talk? I just made some tea, and I could get you something to eat."

A spark of hope came into the colt's eyes as the lower half of the door opened. The pair made their way through and settled down in the kitchen. Featherweight sat down at the table as Fluttershy poured him some juice. The yellow mare sat down at her spot and took a small sip of her tea. The warmth and soothing taste of the tea calmed her a little as she looked at the colt.

"Why would you take photos of us? Why did you give it to a gossip magazine?"

The young pegasus placed his cup down and his ears fell. "Well taking the photos was a lucky accident. I was taking pictures of lightning bugs and I stumbled onto you and Soarin' walking. I'm a really big fan of the Wonderbolts so my first thought was go and talk to him, but then you two started talking and well... I just took a few photos instead. I didn't mean for the gossip magazine to use the photo I just let my dad borrow it and well... he's the editor of the National Equestrian."

Fluttershy sighed and looked at the colt for a moment. She didn't know how to feel about what he had done. In one hoof he had violated her privacy, but on the other he hadn't mean it. She could see the truth of his words in his eyes and the way he spoke.

"I want you to know that I'm very disappointed in you. I understand that you simply wanted a picture of Soarin' but I think that you should have asked for our permission."

The colts eyes lowered and his ears drooped. Fluttershy got up and moved next to the small pony.

"However, I'm willing to look past this little mistake. I forgive you so long as you promise never to do this to anypony ever again."

Featherweight looked up and her with a smile. "Yes! I promise! I'll never do that again."

The small colt gave Fluttershy a tight hug. The mare returned the hug with equal parts kindness and understanding. The morning pasted a little quicker and much more relaxing with the company of Featherweight. It was almost two hours later that the colt left the mare alone. Fluttershy watched as he walked down the path and found herself feeling very relaxed.

It was just a simple mistake that lead to that article. Now I know he didn't mean to embarrass us or try to ruin our relationship.

She sighed and gave a small hum as Angel bounced up on her back and gave a small tug on her ear. "Yes Angel? What's the matter?"

The small bunny dropped down in front of her and pointed at the small table sitting in her living room. Fluttershy followed the little paw and noticed the small envelope sitting on the table. She walked over and picked it up and slipped out the letter, which she had read many times over the past few days.

It was an invite to a Wonderbolt show in Cloudsdale, written by Soarin'. Inside the envelope were a single ticket and a VIP pass. Fluttershy looked at it for a moment then looked at Angel.

"What's the matter? All it says is that... Oh! I need to get ready!"

Fluttershy quickly placed everything in the envelope and moved towards the door. She opened it but turned around for a moment. She quickly gave the small white rabbit a hug and a kiss on his head. With that she sprinted out the door and ran towards the town. She needed to get ready and only had a few hours to do so. Good thing she knew just the mare to help her.

The yellow pegasus sat in the Carousel Boutique, looking in a mirror. Rarity was practically flying around her, messing with the timid pony's mane and fitting a dress.

"Now darling, while this isn't the most formal dress I have ever made it still is a dress. I want you to act like a perfect lady and treat this dress fine." The unicorn paused for the moment in front of the mare. "So... you and Soarin' are getting really serious aren't you?"

Fluttershy nodded. "He's such a wonderful stallion and I can't imagine my life without him now. I'm so excited to see him fly. Please don't tell Dash until after the show tonight. I don't want her to be jealous."

Rarity gave her friend a small smile and a nod. "I would never tell a secret darling. So what type of seats did he get you?"

Fluttershy pulled the ticket and pass out of the envelope. Rarity looked them over and gave a small squeal. "My friend, you have box seats! Not only is that the best view but it's also the single greatest spot to be able to talk to Soarin' when he's off the field. Wonderbolts always sit there if they get hurt or not performing, and if they are performing and not unharmed they sit in a spot just above that."

The pegasus sat there for a moment and blushed when she thought of Soarin' in his flight-suit looking at her with his warm smile.

"I hope the performance is good. Either way Soarin' invited me back to his home in Cloudsdale for dinner afterward."

Rarity had moved behind the sitting mare and began doing some light touch-ups on her mane. "Dinner at his home? Darling, I hope you understand that an invite like that could lead to, shall I say, other more intimate things."

Fluttershy placed the ticket and pass back in the envelope and gave her friend a confused look through the mirror in front of her.

"I don't understand what you mean."

The fashion mare finished her work on the pegasus's mane and moved in front of her friend. "Fluttershy, dear, I mean something very... well I don't know how to tell you. Have you two had a very heated moment? I mean a little passion and kissing."

Fluttershy nodded. The unicorn looked at her friend for a moment then raised her eyebrow. The pegasus looked at her friend for a moment then the realization hit her.

"Oh my... I mean, we haven't done that yet... do you think that's what he wants?"

The white unicorn gave the blushing mare a small hug. "I didn't mean to say he would. I was just stating that if you aren't ready for that step then you should be aware, however if you are ready for that, and I apologize for taking this leap, or have already taken that step, then you won't need to worry."

The pink maned pony gave her friend a small smile. "I think we will be able to take that step if we need to, but tonight I just want to enjoy watching him fly and have a lovely dinner. I've seen him cook before and he's really good, so this will be nice."

The unicorn nodded and had the mare stand up. "So how will you be getting to Cloudsdale?"

The pegasus was led to the small dais surrounded by mirrors and looked at herself for a minute. "He's going to pick me up on a cloud and guide it to the city. From there we will fly around the city to the arena."

Rarity circled her friend, making small changes, and stopped for a moment. "That's rather sweet of him. I hope that doesn't inconvenience him in any way."

Fluttershy shook her head. "Even if it did he would insist on doing it. He's such a gentlestallion. I better get back to my house and wait for him. Thank you so much."

The mares shared a small hug and Fluttershy made her way back to her home. Her arrival at her home some ten minutes later left her in a feeling of nervousness. She paced back and forth on the small rug in front of her fire place, the feeling of waiting bugging her like a swarm of flies.

*knock knock*

The pegasus mare jumped a little, and rushed to the door. "Who is it?"

The voice of the only stallion she wanted to see came through the door. "It's me."

Fluttershy opened the door to see Soarin' standing there in his Wonderbolt uniform. The head of the suit had been pulled down so that the Wonderbolts face was uncovered.

"Sorry I was a few minutes late, had a little trouble with the suit. You look great. I love the dress."

Fluttershy blushed a little and leaned forward. Her lips locked with Soarin's for a few moments then she pulled away. "Thank you. We should get to Cloudsdale so you don't miss your show."

The stallion nodded and moved to the side of the door way to present a small cloud floating a few feet behind him. He led Fluttershy up to the fluffy platform and helped her up. Once the mare settled down on the comfortable fluff Soarin' moved to the sighed and gave her a small embarrassed smile.

"I know it's not an air chariot, but I hope it's alright."

The mare on the cloud gave him a fond smile. "It's perfect. I wouldn't have it any other way."

With that the Wonderbolt began the journey to Cloudsdale with a gentle push. The trip to Cloudsdale was one that could take Soarin' maybe twenty minutes, but he found the nice slow pace with Fluttershy to be a much better way to make it. They spoke about this and that, watched the landscapes and talked about the trip they were ready to make in a single week, a trip that Fluttershy was excited for and Soarin' was hopeful of.

They reached the edge of city and slowed to a halt. The yellow pegasus slowly stood up and gave her wings a few small flaps to stretch them out. The pair left the cloud behind and soared over the cloud-forged streets, alleys, and small shops. They passed other flyers in the air a few of them stopping and turning to look, some even turning and following the pair.

The buildings below and above them slowly became larger and more complex, from simple shops and homes to large office buildings to the famed weather factories of the city. They rounded a large group of office buildings and spotted a massive arena. The sight of the monstrous building was breathtaking for the yellow mare and she paused for a moment in the air to look at it.

The structure was larger than anything she had ever seen. It was a large open stadium that Fluttershy was certain all of Ponyville could fit inside with room to spare for the Apple Farm. Flood lights threw colors all over the walls of the stadium making it all the more dazzling. Surrounding the arena was a massive crowd, milling slowly into the building to get to their seats.

Soarin' reached over and tapped Fluttershy. He pointed to a small area near the base of the stadium. They made their way there and the Wonderbolt steered Fluttershy to what looked like a red spot on the clouds. As she drew closer she noticed that it was actually a section of red carpet surrounded by ponies with cameras and what looked like pieces of paper.

"Soarin', what's going on there?"

The Wonderbolt pulled the head portion of his suit on. "Pre-game fan service. The team meets a lot of the fans out here and signs stuff or takes pictures with them. It's a way for us to work off the pre-show jitters."

"That sounds really nice. I bet the fans love it."

The Wonderbolt slowed down a little as they neared the carpeted area. Fluttershy noticed the din of the crowd and the snapping of the cameras.

"They do. A lot of the Wonderbolts love it as well." He pointed to a group of six or seven ponies in blue and yellow uniforms near the crowds. "They really enjoy this."

The pair landed down and noticed that the din lowered for a moment as Fluttershy touched down on the ground. The pair looked at the gathered crowd for a moment before it erupted in noise again. Many of the young mares and stallions in the crowd began shouting at Soarin' and the other Wonderbolts walked over to them.

Spitfire came ahead of the small pack with a grin on her face. "Soarin', Fluttershy! Great to see you both here." The flame maned mare looked at Fluttershy for a moment and gave her a wide grin. "If you want to head inside and wait for us to finish, that's fine. We may be a few minutes."

Soarin' gave her a small look and leaned in to speak to her. "It's okay if you want to head in. I don't blame you; it's kinda loud out here."

The pink maned mare gave the Wonderbolts a friendly, thankful smile. "Thank you. I'll see you inside."

Fluttershy began walking towards the stadium entrance, looking back to see Soarin' get dragged by his teammates towards the crowd. The light blue stallion gave her a small wave and a smile before he reached the crowd. The yellow pegasus returned the gesture and turned back towards the entrance when something caught her eye. A small filly sitting on top of a stallions head wave waving. This wouldn't be anything new due to the crowd around them but the filly was waving to get Fluttershy's attention.

Fluttershy stopped for a moment and looked around to make sure the filly was waving to her. When she noticed that she was the only pony nearby she looked back at the filly and stallion. As she drew close, the timid pegasus noticed the filly's expression brighten.

"Um... did you want to talk to me?"

The white filly nodded, and bounced a little on the blue stallions back. "Yes!" Her shout caused the stallion to give her a look. "Sorry, I wanted to ask you something, if that's okay?"

The yellow mare glanced over at the Wonderbolts. "I guess so... I don't know if I could bring Soarin' over here though."

The filly shook her head. "No, no! I wanted to talk to you. You're Fluttershy, Soarin's fillyfriend and ex model. I'm a big fan of yours. Could you please sign this for me?"

The filly held out a small book, the cover was covered in little hoof drawn images. Fluttershy took the book from the filly gently and looked at it for a moment. It was obviously the filly's diary, and it was also obvious that she had filled a large portion of it with her thoughts. The yellow mare handled it with even greater care once that thought

"Okay... I don't have a pen though."

The stallion held one out for her. "There you go."

"Oh! Thank you. You are a very nice stallion to let her stand on you like that. Are you her brother or...?"

She trailed off as she signed the diary in hopes he would fill in the answer. The stallion nodded and motioned to the filly on his back.

"She's my sister." The stallion looked up at the filly and whispered to her. The young pony had started bouncing in place on her older brothers back. "I've never seen her this excited."

The older pegasus looked at the young filly and gave her a friendly smile. "That's a nice smile. Here you go. So, have you been a fan of the Wonderbolts for long?"

The young pegasus nodded. "Since I could talk, but I was hoping to meet you more than the Wonderbolts. I've been a fan of you since your first photo shoot! You're really pretty."

"Thank you. I hope you enjoy the show."

Fluttershy was about to turn to walk into the stadium when another pair of ponies moved next to the brother and sister. The pair of mares held out pieces of paper for Fluttershy to sign. The yellow mare stood there for a moment and decided that it was only fair to sign theirs like she had the filly's. Soon she found that a small crowd had formed around the mare near the small roped fence.

It was almost half an hour later that a hoof tapped her shoulder. Fluttershy turned to see Spitfire standing there with a small grin. She motioned for the mare to follow her and moved towards the stadium. The yellow mare followed after giving the small crowd a wave farewell.

Fluttershy followed the flame haired mare into the hallways of the stadium. The Wonderbolt captain looked over at the pegasus and gave her a small smile.

"Couldn't resist?"

The pink maned mare shook her head. "There was a filly that caught my attention. She wanted me to sign her diary, and from there it sorta snowballed. I didn't mean to steal your thunder."

The captain chuckled. "Don't worry about it. Remember that you are famous as well. We'll be starting in roughly thirty minutes so let's find Soarin' to... speak of the dare devil and he shall appear."

The light blue Wonderbolt walked up to the mares with a small grin. "Hey, can I borrow Fluttershy?"

Both mares nodded and Spitfire moved down the hallway. "I need to check up on Thunderlane anyways. He's smart but not too quick. Well, quick in some ways at least."

The captain giggled at the shocked look on both the ponies faces. Soarin' shuffled for a moment then moved closer to the yellow mare with him.

"I saw you with that filly and the stallion. Was that a father and daughter?"

Fluttershy shook her head. "Brother and sister actually."

The Wonderbolt gave a small nod. "It was really cute, the way you signed that little book she had." The stallion gave her a warm smile and a small kiss on her cheek. "I'm about to head up with my squad to get ready, but not before I show you to your seats. Do you need anything to eat or drink? I could get you something really quick."

The yellow mare gave him a small kiss back and shook her head. "I'm fine. I'll be fine. So, what kind of flying will you be doing? Nothing too dangerous I hope."

The stallion gave her a sheepish smile. "Well... it's not the most dangerous thing I've ever done for a performance. It's going to be a good show, I hope. We have had a little bad luck with injuries..."

The yellow mare gave Soarin' a shocked look. "In-injuries? What kind of injuries, and how bad?"

The stallion shrugged as they moved down the hallway. "A few broken wings, a sprained wing joint, and even a broken..." Soarin' noticed the growing look of horror on his dates face. "... leg, but we have some of the best medics in the kingdom waiting to help us. All of those were in practice though. We haven't had a performance injury in years."

Fluttershy still felt worried but a small voice in the back of her head told her to calm down. He was a professional, he did this for a living and he was one of the best. He was a personal hero of her closest friend and could handle a little performance. The yellow mare took a deep breath and gave the stallion a small smile.

"Okay. Are we close to my seat yet?"

The stallion pointed to the end of the hallway. A new noise reached the pair, the din of thousands of voices slowly grew as they came close to the doorways. Soarin' opened the doors to reveal a comfortable looking box seat. The din of the crowd became a dull roar as Fluttershy walked forward and looked out over the large stadium. The view of all the stands and the large open ring that was a straight drop to the ground far below was breath taking to the mare.

"Wow... I've never seen a stadium like this before..."

The Wonderbolt that brought her there walked up next to her and gave her a small nuzzle. "It's a nice view. Your seat is right here."

Fluttershy settled into the soft cushion and looked up at the stallion. He gave her a quick kiss and looked at the door.

"Sorry, I need to head off to my squad. Pre-show prep and all that. When the show is over I'll come right here and we can head out to get dinner. Okay?"

Fluttershy nodded and smiled. "Good luck." She hesitated for a moment then placed her hoof on Soarin's leg. "I love you."

The stallion could only stand there for a moment before he kissed her again. The kiss was a blissful eternity that ended far too soon for either of them to be happy with. Soarin' gave her a silent good-bye and left the box. Fluttershy settled down in her seat and felt a strong warmth radiate from her. She had kissed Soarin' in front of thousands of ponies and there was a good chance that kiss would end up on a magazine by the morning, but she didn’t even care.

Slowly the box filled up with other ponies. She didn't recognize many of them, but she did spot a familiar face when Thunderlane walked in and sat towards the back. The dark coated stallion spotted her and gave her a small wave. Fluttershy waved back and turned her attention back to the stadium. It was nearly an hour later when a loud voice rang out.

"Greetings, ladies and gentlecolts! Welcome to the Wonderbolt Stadium and get ready for an amazing show tonight. We wish to introduce to you all the single greatest flying team in all of Equestria! Give a warm Cloudsdale welcome to the Wonderbolts!"

The stadium erupted into cheers as several blue and yellow clad pegasai came from both above and below the arena with dark, electrified clouds following them. Together the teams formed a large thunderbolt from the cloud trails. Three ponies moved to the top and formed a trio that looked out over the crowd. The voice spoke once more in the excited tone.

"Give it up for your Wonderbolt captains! Rapid Fire!"

At the mention of her name the white maned pegasus did a barrel roll around the thunderbolt causing it to begin spinning slowly, but still maintaining its shape.

"Soarin'!"

The stallion did a sudden dive into the very cloud structure. Fluttershy screamed her cheers for the stallion as lightning bolts began shooting out of the clouds.

"And the Captain of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire!"

The yellow mare rose above the large cloud and then began to fall backwards, doing a tight spin as she fell. She fell in front of the spinning cloud just as a lightning bolt shot out. It flew right into the falling Wonderbolt and she flared her wings. That was all Fluttershy could see as the electric energy arched off of her wings and shot back into the cloud thunderbolt causing a blinding flash.

As the light dissipated as quick as a flash of lightning, Fluttershy saw the three flyers hovering there, taking a small bow. The crowd cheered and the other flyers moved into positions around the field.

"Now, let the show begin!"

Fluttershy was amazed by the performance. She had seen a Wonderbolt before, but she had never really watched it. She had spent that day mostly just being happy to help Rainbow Dash's day, but this performance was one that she would never forget. She had never seen a team perform the way they had but Soarin' stood out even from the impressive group. His flying was beyond anything she had ever seen and she wasn't alone in that. The crowd was amazed and even the announcer was beside himself in wonder at the pegasai's flying.

As the show began to wind down Fluttershy felt a sudden wave of pride as she watched the blue stallion fly. She could see the determined look and the confident smile as he flew, and it made her feel warm. After nearly three hours of a perfect performance it finally ended with a large tornado formed from the cloud trials that launched each of the team members to their starting points.

The crowd screamed themselves hoarse, and Fluttershy screamed along with them. When she settled back down into her seat she looked around and noticed Thunderlane giving her a small smile. He got up and walked down to sit next to her.

"That was a pretty amazing show. I have never seen them fly so well."

Fluttershy nodded. "It was really wonderful. I can't believe that they could do all of that so flawlessly."

The dark coated stallion nodded. "It makes you wonder how they get so in sync. I heard Spitfire talk about how Soarin' has really improved in practice. She says it's because of you."

The yellow mare blushed. "I guess I may have helped a little, I don't know how..."

Thunderlane chuckled and looked up at the box entrance. "Yeah... but whatever it is, it's doing wonders for him. He was the best flyer out there." He paused for a moment and looked up at the entrance again. "Can you do me a favor?"

Fluttershy gave the stallion a small nod and a curious look. "I guess, what do you need help with?"

The stallion swallowed and scratched the back of his neck. "If Dash asks you where I was today, please, don't tell her I was here. She would kill me if she knew I ditched weather patrol for box seats at a Wonderbolt show."

Fluttershy couldn't help but giggle a little at the sheepish look on the stallions face. She regained control of herself after a few moments then nodded to the stallion.

"I won't tell her a thing. Besides this can't be that bad. This is only the third time right?"

Thunderlane shook his head and gave an embarrassed smile. "Actually... it's probably the tenth time..."

The yellow mare's eye's widened. She gave him a small pat. "You may want to say good-bye to Spitfire. Dash will hunt you down."

The mare waited for a moment before she let out a small laugh. Thunderlane joined her but stopped after a few moments. His eyes widened in realization and a little bit of shock.

"I think you may be right about that..."

The pair shared a small chuckle and heard a pony clear their throat. They turned to see Soarin' and Spitfire standing behind them. Spitfire moved beside the dark coated stallion and whispered in his ear. His expression lightened and he stood up in an instant. The pair left with smiles and mischievous giggles, leaving both the pink maned mare and the other Wonderbolt confused.

The blue stuntpony looked over at his date and shrugged. "So, I hope you enjoyed the show."

Fluttershy nodded and looked out over the stadium. "It was an amazing show. I have never seen ponies fly like that, well at least a team of ponies." The mare paused for a moment. "You’re flying was wonderful. You were perfect."

The Wonderbolt removed the face portion of his suit and gave Fluttershy a recruitment smile. "I had to impress a very important pony."

The yellow mare couldn't stop herself from blushing as she smiled at the stallion in front of her.

To her surprise the stallion held out his hoof. "Are you ready for a wonderful dinner?"

As Fluttershy accepted the hoof, she nodded. "That sounds nice. Are we picking something up then heading back?"

The Wonderbolt shook his head as he lead her through the stadium. "Nope. I was going to surprise you but I guess this a as good a time as any to tell you. I'm going to be cooking you the meal myself."

The pair came to a halt as Fluttershy looked at the stallion. "Really? You don't have to do that for me, we can just pick something up, and I don't want to impose."

Soarin' gave her a small chuckle and shook his head. "I want to do this for you. This will be a way to say thank you for everything."

The stallion noticed his date blush, and look away. "I haven't done that much."

"You've been the best thing to happen to me, and that is more than enough."

Fluttershy was lost for words. She couldn't think of anything to say, but she found that she didn't need to. Soarin' lifted her chin and gave her a gentle kiss.

A short flight back to Soarin's home and a few moments of rest was all the Wonderbolt had before he moved into his kitchen and became a blur as he moved around the kitchen. Fluttershy settled in the living room and spent a few moments playing with Shade. She took a quick glance at the kitchen and noticed her date’s movement.

She moved to the kitchen and watched as he placed rice in a pan and a small amount of white wine as well. The mare cleared her throat gently to catch the stallion’s attention.

"What is it you’re making?"

The blue stallion glanced over and gave her a small smile. "I'm making a risotto to start, a nice Angel Hair pasta with beans and a stuffed mushroom, and to top the evening we will be having a banana bread pudding with ice cream and Ice-wine." Soarin' noticed the surprised look on the pink maned pegasi's face. "What?"

Fluttershy gave him a small look that was half smile, half impressed. "I didn't know you could cook like this."

The stallion chuckled. "Yeah, well when you live on a farm cooking is all you do, granted it's not fine dining like this, but it is cooking. My mother always said that food brings family together, that and when you live alone you need some form of hobby. I picked up cooking and taught myself."

Fluttershy took a sniff of the warm aroma in the air. "Well, if the smell alone is an indicator, you have taught yourself perfectly."

Soarin' blushed and grinned. "The first course is almost done, I'll set the table as it finishes in the pan."

The stallion set the table as Fluttershy made her way over and sneaked a noodle out of the boiling water. Hmm, almost ready. He really is trying his hardest for this to go well... The thought sent waves for a warm affection for the Wonderbolt.

"The table is set." Soarin' moved a chair so she could sit on it, and offered her the seat. "I hope you are hungry, as the risotto is ready."

The yellow mare took a seat and nodded. She could see the nervous look on his face as he put portions of the risotto into a pair of plates. He moved over to the table and placed a plate down in front of Fluttershy and placed the other opposite of her. Fluttershy took was about to take a bite of the food when Soarin' moved off towards the kitchen again.

"You aren't going to eat?"

The stallion nodded. "I need to finish the rest of this dinner. I'll eat when it's all done. Enjoy the risotto; I'll be done in a few minutes."

Fluttershy sighed and for a moment she wanted to argue but the look of quiet expectation on Soarin's face made her change her mind. She could tell he wanted to know if she would like the risotto but was far too polite to say anything. She took a bite of the rice dish and enjoyed the warm taste of the rice, and faint taste of the white wine.

She smiled as her eyes closed, and let out a low hum of approval. She opened her eyes to see the proud smile on Soarin's face. She gave him a fond smile.

"It's wonderful. You could have had a cutie mark for cooking."

The Wonderbolt blushed and turned to finish making the meal. "My mother said the same thing a few years ago. I had made her and my father an anniversary dinner at the time."

"That was sweet of you. I bet they loved it as much as I am."

He nodded and tested a noodle from the pot. "They did. I think they spent more time praising me for my food than actually eating it." The stallion chuckled as he strained out the noodles and placed them onto plates. "Still, they had a good night, and that's all that mattered."

Fluttershy nodded and continued eating the delicious dish in front of her and a small hunger of what was to come. The next half hour was the best tasting of Fluttershy's life and she was almost sad that it ended, but she found herself more than happy to be sitting on the couch with Soarin's wings wrapped around her.

"That meal was wonderful, everything you have done today was beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of."

The stallion gave her a fond smile and nuzzled her fondly. "Thank you. It means a lot to hear that from you."

The yellow mare nuzzled back and kissed the blue stallion on the cheek. She had never felt so close to the pony next to her. Soarin' shifted himself a little and gave her a kiss on the lips. The moment their lips touched, Fluttershy felt a sudden fire ignite in her. She felt a burning passion and a need to show Soarin' how much he meant to her. She pressed forward into him, pushing him back slightly as their tongues performed a dance that they had mastered.

A minute passed before Soarin' could catch his breath. He sat back up a little and looked at the mare for a moment. She moved forward again and their lips met for the second time. Fluttershy felt the flames in her roar with pleasure, as she pushed the stallion back more and ran her hooves through his mane. Soarin' pushed her back, breaking the kiss that left them both breathless.

"Fluttershy, what has gott—"

The stallion was cut off as Fluttershy blurted out the only thing in her mind. "I'm ready."

Soarin' looked at her confused for a moment. "Ready?"

She nodded and moved closer, their lips barely an inch apart. "I love you, and I want to show you how much I mean that. So... I'm ready."

The Wonderbolt could barely focus on the words as he tasted, and felt, her breath on his lips. Fluttershy had to suppress a giggle when she saw the realization spark in Soarin's eyes, she could swear there was a tiny light bulb above him when he smiled back at her.

"Are you sure? I don't want to force you into anyth—"

The pink maned mare silenced him the best way she knew, with a loving, and lustful, kiss. Fluttershy pushed on the stallion in an attempt to place him on his back, but he pushed back and she found herself looking up into his emerald eyes. Soarin' move down her neck and placed a trail of kisses up to her chin then to her lips. It was a gentle, slow dance of the tongues this time, tender and filled with love.

They pulled apart after a minute and the yellow mare caressed the cheek of the stallion above her. "Can we do this in a more comfortable spot?"

Soarin' looked up the stairs and then back down at the mare. "I can agree with that."

The pair moved together up the stairs, stopping every few steps to kiss or nuzzle, making what should have been a simple walk into a kissing frenzy. Fluttershy reached the doorway and stopped just before the frame. She guided the blue hooves to aid her in removing her dress. Within seconds the dress was on the floor followed quickly by Soarin's flight suit.

The pair paused for the moment, looking into each other’s eyes. They moved towards each other and began kissing each other once more. After three tries they made it onto the bed.