• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 6,257 Views, 257 Comments

From Sky to Earth - RaijingtheClockworkPony



Soarin' has never had a marefriend and Spitfire is going to fix that.

  • ...
26
 257
 6,257

A Damaged Reunion

Dawn broke over the small farmhouse and a small ray of sunlight beamed into the small room shared by the blue and yellow pegasai sleeping. The couple on the bed shifted closer as the beams of sunlight warmed them. The stallion nuzzled the mare and smiled as he slowly woke up. He became aware of how warm and happy he felt with the yellow mares head nestled in the small dip between his neck and barrel.

He slowly opened his eyes and was welcomed by the sight of a pink ocean that smelled lightly of flowers. I could get used to waking to this. He shifted slowly closer to the mare and kissed her lightly on the top of her head. He loved waking up to her, but what he loved even more was the content smile on her sleeping face. The Wonderbolt smiled and nuzzled the sleeping mare and wrapped his wings around her.

He didn't know how long he cuddled with the mare before she stirred and yawned. She cuddled closer to the stallion holding her and nuzzled his chest. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around for a moment before looking up at Soarin'.

"Hey there... how long have you been awake?" The mare asked as she leaned forward and kissed him.

"A few minutes. I didn't want to wake you up." He said after returning the kiss. "You look really cute when you sleep."

The mare blushed and kissed Soarin' again. "You're pretty handsome too."

As the pair shared a small chuckle they cuddled closer and smiled. Fluttershy sighed happily as she felt Soarin's heart gently beat inside his chest.

"So... your brother is really nice. Is his partner and foal that sweet as well?"

The stallion chuckled. "Yeah, Glimmer is a really nice stallion. He's sorta fits some of the stereotypes, but in all the good ways." Soarin' chuckled. "The first time I met him he flirted with me just to mess with me, and then gave me advice for how to get stallions..."

The yellow mare looked up at Soarin' with a confused look. "Wouldn't that embarrass you? I mean... you don't ever really talk about that sort of thing... even with me."

Soarin' chuckled. "I was mortified for an hour. Then Glimmer told me he was joking, but he did tell me I looked nice in my flight suit... He's odd sometimes but really sweet."

The blue pegasus chuckled and nuzzled Fluttershy. As the yellow mare returned the nuzzle fondly, she giggled and wraps her wings around the stallion she is cuddled up to.

"What about your sister? How is she?"

Soarin's smile faltered for a moment. "She's... a bit... well... she's a little stiff. She's never been the best at socializing but she means well. Think of a really stern teacher that is nice when she's not teaching... that pretty much sums her up."

Fluttershy looked at the stallion for a moment and gave his cheek a small nuzzle. "I'm certain she'll like me. I was really good in school."

The pair shared a small chuckle as they cuddle closer and fell silent. Time passed as the two listened to each other’s breath, and felt their hearts beating in and out of time. Soarin' began lightly tracing his hoof up and down Fluttershy's back, stopping between her wings to light massage the joints then go back to his movement. For Fluttershy it was a very calming and relaxing sensation. The yellow mare let out a happy sigh and kissed the stallion.

Their relaxing cuddle came to an end when the warm scent of baking dough and cinnamon wafted into the room. They both sniffed the air, and Fluttershy felt her stomach rubble in hunger and anticipation. Soarin' chuckled and nuzzled the mare.

"Mother must be making a large breakfast. She normally makes waffles or biscuits."

The pair slowly got up from the bed and stretched their legs and wings. As Soarin' let out a yawn he caught Fluttershy smiling at him.

"What?" He managed to get out as he finished his yawn.

The mare walked over to him and kissed his cheek. "Just looking at a handsome stallion." She beamed up at the stallion and nuzzled his cheek.

The Wonderbolt kissed the mare and smiled back at her. "I think I have the better end. After all, I'm dating a former supermodel."

A loving smile and a giggle came from the mare. "I think we both win. So... is your mother up early because of the reunion?"

As the blue pegasus opened the door he chuckled. "No, she's always up at this time. My father and brothers should be in the fields getting everything ready. Mother must have let us sleep in." He sniffed the air and smiled. "She's making a really nice breakfast. You can smell the fruit baking with the biscuits."

The sweet aromas in the air carried the two ponies to the kitchen where Dazzler was busy cooking food with a deep purple mare. The mare had a par of Pince-nez glasses perched on the end of her nose, and her light red mane was in a very tight bun.

Soarin' smiled and walked up to the mare. "Hey there Pitch! When did you get here?"

The mare turned to him and gave him a small smile. "Late last night, Maybe eleven o'clock. Most of the family was asleep, and I didn't want to wake any of you."

Soarin' smiled and walked up to the mare to hug her. "I would have been fine with you waking me." He chuckled then motioned to Fluttershy. "This is Fluttershy. Fluttershy, this is my sister Pitch Perfect."

Pitch turned and looked at Fluttershy with a stern gaze that only a teacher could give. The yellow mare stood there holding the look for what felt like minutes as the older mare scanned her from top to bottom. It was only when the elder mare gave a small smile that she felt herself relax.

"A pleasure to meet you Fluttershy." She walked up to the yellow pegasus and gave her a brief, but friendly hug. "Mother tells me you live in Ponyville? I have a few students that live there. Have you, perchance, met one Lyra Heartstrings?"

The small group of ponies walked into the kitchen. Soarin' went to help his mother as the two mares talked. "I do. She's very good with her lyre, and really good with a harp as well."

The unicorn smiled. "She had a talent with strings. Shame she stopped playing professionally. She could have been a member of the Royal Orchestra. Such is life I suppose. So, tell me of your work, if you would be so kind."

Soarin' glanced over at the mares and noticed the smile on Fluttershy's face. He chuckled as the talk of animal care reached his ears. He picked up some of the dishes sitting in the sink and began washing them. His attention was drawn away from the dishes when his mother giggled.

"What's so funny?"

Dazzler smiled at her son. "The way you're smiling is really cute."

Soarin' rolled his eyes. "Mom, not in front of the company." He chuckled as he finished in a playful tone.

His mother dropped her voice. "So... are you thinking about asking her the big question yet?"

The stallion’s hooves slipped and he nearly dropped the bowl he was cleaning. "Mom... we've only been dating for a few months..."

The mare chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Your father and I only knew each other for a few weeks before we knew that we were made for each other. That, and I was pregnant with your older brother when he proposed."

The stallion sighed and looked over at Fluttershy. "I... I have thought about it a few times..." He paused and looked at his mother. "What if I ask to soon?"

His mother rolled her eyes again. "You two shared a bed and you two look at each other in the same way I look at your father, or the way Gold looks at Glimmer. Trust me; I think she would be very willing to say yes."

Soarin' was about to say something but he found that a certain yellow mare was at his side. "Hey... can we sit down and eat some breakfast? I'm hungry."

The stallion nodded. "Sure. I'll get our food. Go sit down and I'll bring it to you." He smiled and gave the mare a small kiss on the cheek.

Fluttershy walked off to the dining room, and the blue stallion caught his mother smiling at him. "What?"

"I think I see a lovely marriage in your future, and some cute grand foals for me to spoil." She giggled and took the bowl from Soarin'. "Go give her breakfast. I'll finish up here."

The stallion smiled and gave his mother a small kiss on the cheek and got some biscuits and the warm fruit cobbler for himself and Fluttershy. He walked into the dining room to see Fluttershy brushing her mane out of her face. He sat her plate down in front of her and smiled.

"Eat up. I have a feeling that we are going to be doing a lot of setting up for the reunion."

The yellow mare began on a biscuit. "Will it just be your family that I've met, or will there be aunts, uncles and the extended family..."

The stallion took a bite of the cobbler and smiled. "Just the immediate family for today, the rest of the family will be here tomorrow."

The mare swallowed her food and nodded. "So... what's the plan for today then?"

Soarin' took a sip from his milk. "Well, mostly setting things up, and doing all the cooking and baking that we can do before the family arrives."

The pair continued there meal in silence for a few minutes when Sparks walked into the room with her own breakfast. "Hi Soarin', hi Fluttershy! Ready to get all the decorations set up?"

The blue stallion smiled. "Of course. I have somepony to help me with hanging all the decorations this time." He chuckled and grinned at the yellow mare sitting next to him.

Fluttershy returned the smile. "It sounds like a fun time."

Both of the siblings smiled at each other then at Fluttershy. Soarin' nuzzled the mare and gave her a small kiss on the cheek. Soon the three finished there breakfast, and cleaned their plates in the kitchen. Dazzler nuzzled her daughter and then gave the older ponies a small smile.

"Was the breakfast good?"

Fluttershy nodded and gave the elder mare a satisfied grin. "It was very good. You can cook very well."

The unicorn chuckled to herself. "Thank you. Lots of love, and some really fresh ingredients is the key to that." She paused to levitate a few clean dishes onto a rag so they can dry. "Well, you two better get outside and see what you need to do to get everything set up."

The pair of pegasai headed out of the farmhouse with a lazy pace. Once they reached the open yard, Soarin' stretched his wings and gave them a small flap. He gave Fluttershy a small grin that had a hint of cockiness.

"I need a small flight to really wake up. Wanna join me?"

Fluttershy yawned and shook her head. "No, I like watching you fly, it reminds me of one of the reasons I love you." The mare enjoyed the little blush on Soarin's face. "Maybe after we set everything up we can take a nice flight around. A nice tour of the town would be fun."

The stallion smiled and nodded, and a moment later he launched into the air. He flew a few loops and a barrel roll before coming to a pleasant glide. He spotted his father and older brother working in the east field, and over to the south he spotted the twins fighting and rolling on the ground. Nothing new there. He looked around and saw that everything was the same as every flight he took before he went away to become a Wonderbolt, except for one little spot that was yellow and pink.

She could use a small surprise.He dived towards the yellow and picked up speed. He judged that the ground was only seconds from meeting him when he flared out his wings and landed next to the mare hard, but he was used to hard landings and even crash landings as well. His ears were greeted with a small squeak of terror.

"Soarin'! Don't do that!"

The Wonderbolt looked up to the mare and felt a pang of guilt as he realized that he had done more than surprise the mare. She was breathing heavily and looked very shocked. He felt his cheeks warm as his guilt got worse.

"Sorry... I only wanted to surprise you..."

The mare's breathing returned to normal after a few more breaths. "It's okay... just please don't do it like that too often..." She walks over to him and gave him a small hug. "How about we go get started on the decorations?"

Soarin' returned the hug and grinned. "Sure, let's got get the decorations in the barn then, and start setting them up."

The day toiled on long and full of many chores. The farming ponies, and their guest set up several tables, many flags and family themed flair. It was late afternoon when most of the family started their break. Dazzler and Spark came out wand places a large lunch on the tables and called the family to eat.

"Soarin', come on down sweetheart! I have lunch!" His mother called up to him.

The stallion looked down from the loft of the barn. "I'll be right down after I finish putting up the banners!" The Wonderbolt gave his mother a small wave and returned to his work.

Down on the yard, Dazzler sat down across from Fluttershy and started filling plates with food for her family. The pink maned mare opposite of her was busy playing with the little foal that was being held by Silver Glimmer, who had arrived on the farm a few hours earlier.

"And this little girl just loved the train ride. She was so full of energy and was sad to see the train go." Silver chuckled and gave the little filly a kiss on the cheek. "I'm willing to put money on her talent being train related."

Fluttershy played with the hooves of the little orange filly. "She's really cute. Gold told me you were considering getting her a little brother. Have you found a colt yet?"

The silver stallion nodded and moved his short green mane out of his eyes. "We have found this sweet little colt. His name is Cotton." He smiled and giggled. "He has the cutest little voice. If we don't adopt him, I will never forgive myself."

The pair of ponies continued playing with the little filly as they ate. A few minutes passed before Silver checked the foal’s diaper.

"She's made a mess. I'm going to collect my stallion, and go get this cleaned up." Silver carried the little filly away and whispered something into Golden's ear. The seated stallion chuckled and gave his partner a small kiss on the cheek and walked inside with him.

Fluttershy looked over to find that Dazzler was smiling at her, and she felt herself blush. "She's a cute foal."

The older mare chuckled. "You seem to have a lot of experience with foals. Do you care for foals often?"

As the yellow mare added more berry filled food to her plate she nodded. "I normally foalsit my friend's younger sisters, and their friend. Those three are a hoof-full, but they can be real sweethearts."

The two mares got into a deeper conversation about young fillies, and while they talked Soarin' finished with another banner. He watched his brother and his partner walk into the house with their foal, and smiled. He really enjoyed seeing his family happy, and for him, seeing his brother being a father and husband really made him joyful.

The stallion spotted the twins talking to each other in hushed voices, and he chuckled. Might have to watch out for a prank... He mused for a few minutes then glanced over the farmland. A bit of motion on the path leading to the house caught his attention. He could see a pair that was walking towards the house.

He called down to his mother. "Hey, is any of the family supposed to arrive today?"

His mother looked up to him and shouted. "No, why?"

Soarin' descended and landed by the table. "Well, two ponies are coming this way."

The table stopped what they were doing and all of them looked to the pair that was walking up the path. As they drew closer the family could see what the two ponies looked like. The taller of the two was a older looking stallion that was balding badly, and obese to the point of looking sick. His dull yellow coat was matted and looked filthy, and he had a dark shadow around his muzzle that told that he hadn't shaved in a few days, if not a week. The mare was no better, but she lacked the unshaven look, and was very skinny. Her mane, a dull blue that contrasted with a matted purple of her coat, was oily and draped over half her face.

The farming family looked at the pair with curiosity mingled with slight worry and disgust, but for Fluttershy it was a nightmare come to life. She couldn't breathe as she recognized the two ponies walking towards her. She found it harder to breath and fumbled in her seat and fell out of it.

"Fluttershy? You okay?" Sparks moved to Fluttershy and tried to help her up.

The yellow mare could only mutter and whimper in response. The rest of the family started to move to her aid, but Soarin' looked at her for only a moment before her reaction connected some very important dots for him. He turned to the ponies and made his way to them, and stopped them halfway across the yard.

"You weren't invited here. What do you want?"

The stallion stopped a few feet away but before he even opened his mouth a strong stench of stale sweat and old beer hit Soarin's nose. The Wonderbolt managed to keep his composure only through sheer willpower, and a long exposure to sweat.

"This is a family reunion, and we're family." The filthy stallion smiled, revealing stained yellow teeth.

Soarin' found it harder and harder to keep a neutral face as he spoke. "You're not family. Please leave, now."

"What's going on son?" Soarin's father walked up to them, and Soarin' looked over to see his fathers confused expression, as well to see that Fluttershy was now hyperventilating and being helped by his mother and sisters.

"We's family, and weer here to talk to our daughter..."

Strawberry looked at the two then to Fluttershy, connecting the dots. "Oh... um, well she seems to be having an—"

"No. You can't. Leave now." Soarin' cut off as he stared the filthy stallion down. "And she's not your family. You disowned her, and she left."

The unfortunately toothy grin of the stallions faded away quickly. "She's my daughter, and you have no right—"

"She's not your daughter. You haven't bothered writing to her or talking to her since you kicked her out!"

The filthy stallion looked Soarin' up and down with a growing look of understanding and anger. Before he could speak, Strawberry pulled Soarin' back a little.

"What's this all about lad? What are you talking about?"

Soarin' talked low to his father. "This stallion was Fluttershy's father... he kicked her out when she was seventeen, and abused her whenever he drank, which he always was. We can't let them hurt her... I don't know what them talking to her would even do to her."

Both of the Berry stallions looked back to the smelly intruder. "I demand to see me daughter. You'z can't keep me from her!"

The elder Berry pony spoke. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. You being here is affecting her, and you are disturbing my family. Please leave, or I'll have to get the local authorities involved."

The Fluttershy's father's anger grew. "You two can't do this!"

Soarin' raised his voice in return. "We can, and we did, go away and never come near her again!"

The stallion took a step closer but the thin mare grabbed his shoulder and looked terrified. She whispered something to the stallion that both Soarin’ and his father couldn’t hear. The stallion spat at Soarin's hooves and started to turn around.

"Fine, keep the whore. She's always been useless anyways."

Soarin didn't know how, but one moment he was standing next to his father, and the next, he was in the air, moving like a bullet towards the filthy stallion, and the following he was on top of the stallion and was punching any part of the stallion he could reach. His vision was red, and the only thought in his mind was to make sure the stallion would never say anything again.

"YOU WILL NOT CALL HER THAT!"

The Wonderbolt was only vaguely away of a mare screaming and a few seconds’ later two pairs of hooves grabbing him and dragging him off the stallion. He fought against the two stallions dragging him away but after a few moments he slowly stopped as the skinny mare went to her husband’s side.

The filthy stallion got up and gave a look of burning rage at Soarin'. "You'll regret that! I can have you arrested!"

Soarin's father walked forward, leaving Soarin' with his older brother. "You'll leave my property or I'll have you arrested for trespassing! Now leave or I'll let my son finish the job!"

The elder Strawberry used his height to his advantage as he stared down the stallion. The filthy pony shook his head in defeat and started mumbling darkly to himself and turned to walk away. His wife walked over to him and tried to tend to the new bruises but he pushed her away and kept walking. The thin mare looked back to the Berry family, her eyes filled with regret and walked with her husband.

Soarin' watched the pair leave, and for only a moment felt pity for the mare when she locked eyes with him. That pity faded when he took a breath and tapped the hooves of his older brother. The younger Strawberry loosened his grip and let his younger brother go.

The blue stallion turned to see all but his youngest sister looking at him in shock. They all looked at him and were unable to speak. He suddenly felt the weight of what he and just done. He had attacked a stallion in a fit of rage, in front of his family no less. Embarrassment and shame flooded through his veins that only a mere moment ago have adrenaline in them.

He couldn't stay in front of them, he could see the ashamed looks in their eyes, and he knew that he needed to get somewhere quiet.

Pitch walked towards him. "Soarin' what the hell—"

The stallion lifted off and flew into the highest loft of the barn, leaving nothing but a blur behind him. His eldest sister tried to follow him into the barn, but Strawberry stopped her.

"Our brother needs time alone... you know he always goes up there when he's upset. He'll be ready to talk in a while. For now, let's just help Fluttershy."

The older mare nodded and sighed. "Very well. I'll go make her tea. She's going to need something calming..."

The family took the crying mare inside, and met Silver and Gold as they were coming out. Silver was holding their filly and looked shocked.

"What happened?"

The family members that were outside all looked at the elder Strawberry. "Everypony sit down. I'll tell you what Soarin' told me, but first, Pitch, Sparks, take Fluttershy to her room. She needs to calm down."

Soarin' lay in the hay in the highest loft, for how long he didn't know, just thinking about what had happened, and how it had happened. They found her here because of that article... how could I have been so stupid as to say that I was coming here. The stallion sighed and let out a small groan of self-loathing. He stared up at the ceiling of the loft wondering what his family was thinking.

A small knock drew his attention, and he looked over to the small hatch of the loft. The hatch opened, and his older brother’s head came into view.

"Hey there, mind if Ah come up?"

"It's a free loft..." The blue stallion sighed and rolled over so that he could better look at his older brother, who was now in the loft and making himself comfortable in the hay. "You have that look you get when you want to talk..."

Strawberry nodded and gave the smaller stallion a concerned look. "I wanted to talk about your... outburst."

A small sigh left the Wonderbolt and he looked away from his brother. "I don't want to think about that."

The larger stallion nodded and gave a small sniff as he thought for a moment. "You really love that mare don't ya?" Strawberry continued as he watched his brother closely. "After all, the only time you ever react like that is because you really care about something." The red stallion chuckled for a moment and kept going as Soarin' remained quiet. "Last time you got this worked up over something was when a colt at school said that the Wonderbolts were stupid."

Soarin' mumbled. "He was a jerk... shows him what he knew."

"And now with Fluttershy, you are even more defensive of her." Strawberry paused. "I don't know what they did, or said that got you that riled up, but if they made you that mad then they deserved it. She's lucky to have you, and I'm happy to have her in the family now."

Soarin' sighed once more. "Yeah... why are you so calm about this? I mean... the rest of the family looked horrified."

Strawberry shook his head. "They weren't horrified. Shocked, sure, but not to that level. We all still love you, and after what dad told us what you said to him, it makes sense. If Ah had known that, Ah'd have let you beat him to paste."

Soarin' smiled weakly then frowned again. "How is Fluttershy? Is she okay?"

The red pony nodded. "She calmed down after some tea, and spending time with Sparks. You should go to her. She needs her stallion."

Soarin' nodded. "Thanks Strawberry." He got up and gave his brother a hug. After a small good-bye Soarin' made his way down to the farmhouse. He had a mare that he needed, as much as she needed him.