• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 6,253 Views, 257 Comments

From Sky to Earth - RaijingtheClockworkPony



Soarin' has never had a marefriend and Spitfire is going to fix that.

  • ...
26
 257
 6,253

A New Life

The blue pegasus walked through the house and into the small room he was sharing with Fluttershy. He stopped in the doorway and looked in the room as he spotted his mother sitting next to the bed which the pink maned mare laid curled up. His mother was gently stroking the younger mares mane and whispering to her. Soarin' almost decided to walk to the living room and wait for his mother to leave, but she looked up and nodded at Soarin'.

The elder mare rose and gave the yellow mare a small hug. "Rest up. Things will be much better from here on out, I promise."

Dazzler moved to Soarin' and spoke in a hushed voice. "She's really shaken up... I hope you can calm her down better than I could." She hugged her son and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "I know you can make her smile again."

The stallion nodded and sighed. He moved to the bed and looked at the mare on the bed. Fluttershy was facing the wall, balled up and half covered by a blanket. He sat down next to the bed and opened his mouth to talk but couldn't find the words. Soarin' gently placed his hoof on the mares back and rubbed it slowly.

Minutes passed in silence, Soarin' wasn't even sure if Fluttershy knew it was him in the room, or his mother, but his rubbing her back seems to have made her relax a little. The stallion wanted to say something to comfort her, but he couldn't think of anything. He had attacked her parents, and even though he knew she didn't care for them, he still felt terrible.

A small passage of time, no more than a few more minutes and Soarin took a breath and spoke.

"Hey... Fluttershy... about what I did... it wasn't right of me to react like that. I shouldn't have hit him, and I really should have kept my temper under control." He paused as the mare started turning towards him. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that... I'm sorry if I scared you..."

The soft spoken mare took his hoof and looked into his eyes, tears filling her own. "Just shut up and hold me..."

Those words were all the mare needed to say as the pegasus got in the bed and hold his mare close to him. Fluttershy placed her head on his chest and sniffed.

"Just... promise me you'll never do that again... please..."

Soarin' nodded and gave the mare a kiss on the forehead. "I promise. Like my mother said, everything will be better from here on out."

The two cuddled closer together, and wrapped there wings around each other in silence. They both needed to just lose themselves in each other’s embrace.

Fluttershy awoke in darkness and slowly opened her eyes, moon light cascading down across the bed. Soarin' and Fluttershy had spent the rest of the day in the house, the mare in the room they shared, and Soarin' getting her food, and comforting her. The pegasus give the stallion next to her a kiss on the cheek and looked around to see what could have woken her up. She sat up slowly and regretted that as her head began to swim, and her throat suddenly went dry for a moment.

Oh dear... She got up from the bed as quickly but as gently as she could as to not wake up her partner. She rushed into the hall, and moved to the bathroom. She flicked the lights on, and for a moment she had never been so happy to see a porcelain bowl. She slumped to it just as she felt her throat contract, and a moment later the toilet was serving one of its many uses.

The mare let out a small cough as a bitter taste filled her mouth, and she made a small spit into the bowl, but then retched again. She repeated the process for a few minutes and finally regained control and she held onto the toilet with shaky limbs. A small knock from the door grabbed her attention and she looked weakly at the entrance.

Dazzler stood in the frame and was wearing a look of concern. "Are you okay dear? I heard you... and well, it didn't sound like fun." She gave a small smile as she moved next to the mare, as Fluttershy gave a small shake of her head. "Haven't done this in a while."

Fluttershy took a small breath and felt the older mares hoof touch her forehead. The yellow mare moved her mane out of her face and away from the soiled water. The elder mare spoke again, her voice filled with concern.

"Does this happen when you eat berries?" The yellow mare shook her head. "Do you have allergies?" Another shake of the head. "I see... you don't feel that warm." Dazzler bit her lip for a moment. "This might be a touch personal... but have you and Soarin'... we'll have you two had sex yet?"

Fluttershy would have felt her face warm, but the retching and the illness she was feeling already made her feel warm. She nodded after a moment as a new wave of nausea hit her. She ducked down closer to the bowl in case she met her last meal again. A minute passed and her stomach obliged.

Dazzler watched the sad sight before her and waited for the younger mare to finish. "Dear... did you or Soarin' use protection... and were you in heat?"

Fluttershy looked up at the elder mare and then shook her head. "I was in heat... and I don't remember if we did use any protection..." A knowing look came over the purple mares face. "You think I might... oh no..."

Fluttershy's eyes welled up as she began to panic. What if Soarin' doesn't want a foal... what if he leaves me, and then I'll be alone to care for the foal... I don't want to be alone... She barely noticed that Dazzler had moved next to her until her received a hug that was so kind and gentle that it could only be from a mother.

"Dear, it's okay. You'll need a proper test to see if you are, but if you are then I want you to know that you have a family here willing to help you both raise the little one."

The pink maned mare hugged back, and sniffled. "Y-you won't tell Soarin'... will you?"

Dazzler shook her head and smiled. "Not my place to tell him, and we don't know for certain. I suggest you go to a doctor, or maybe get one of those tests to be certain. This might just be the stress of the day catching up to you, after all."

Fluttershy nodded and hugged the older mare. "Thank you."

The elder mare gave the pegasus a small kiss on the forehead and lifted her off the floor. "Let's go to the living room. I think some fizzy drink might make you feel better. Ginger ale usually helps."

The pair made their way to the living room and Fluttershy was settled down on the sofa. Dazzler put one of the blankets over her and left to get her some ginger ale. She returned quickly and sat next to the ill mare and stroked her mane as Fluttershy drank. Time passed in the dark, and the two mares remained silent as the older mare comforted the younger.

Fluttershy finished her drink and placed the cup down and laid her head down on Dazzler's shoulder. "Thank you for this... and for letting me visit during a reunion."

"Dear..." The older mare said gently as she nuzzled Fluttershy. "It's not a real reunion without all the family present."

Fluttershy could say nothing as she felt a sudden rush of affection towards the older mare. She could only hug the older mare, and the two passed through the night together, talking quietly, as if they were mother and daughter.

With a shutting of her door and a heavy sigh, Fluttershy flopped down onto her couch as a swarm on animals rushed to her. She had returned after a long three days of reunion, and as much as she loved meeting all of Soarin's, and now her own, family, she couldn't help but be glad to be home. Angel Bunny jumped up on the couch and into her mane in a tight hug, as if to say "I missed you."

"I missed you all too." She smiled and nuzzled her little rabbit. "I hope Twilight and Dash did a good job?"

Most of the animals smiled and nodded, Angel being the only exception and Fluttershy smiled. "I take it they didn't spoil my little angel like I do." She giggled at her little joke and laid down on the couch. "I'm a little tired... sorry for not having more energy."

The critters she cared for seemed to understand, and most of them moved about the house, returning to old tasks, or doing new ones. Angel cuddled up to Fluttershy, and for a moment seemed content, but then his tiny face became excited as he prodded the mare he was next to.

"Angel, what is it?" She looked down at the rabbit as it began pointing at the bookcase then upstairs. "Nap time? I couldn't agree..." The rabbit began shaking his head and pointed at the bookcase again and mimed reading. "What are you... Oh, you mean Twilight is upstairs?" The pegasus glanced at the clock. "It is the time of the day I asked her to check in and feed you animals."

The mare slowly got up and stretched then walked towards the stairs, and as she made her way up the stairs, the sound of snoring reached her. The yellow mare stopped at the door and gently opened it and peeked inside. She spotted her friend Twilight asleep on the bed, and the bear she normally gave massages to curl up at the foot of the bed. As Fluttershy entered the room, the bear shuffled and opened one eye lazily and looked at her.

"Oh, sorry to wake you, but I need to say hello to my friend." She looked at Twilight, fast asleep on the bed, and shuffled awkwardly. "But I don't want to wake her up..."

A small white ball leaped up on the bed, and began poking Twilight rapidly. Angels efforts proved useless as the purple mare simply mumbled and rolled over, wrapping the blankets around her. The pink maned mare moved to the bed and gently tapped Twilight's shoulder, barely touching her friend.

"Um... Twilight, please wake up... if you don't mind."

Again, only mumbles and a sleeping alicorn resulted from the efforts. Angel hopped off the bed and tapped his chin for a moment then smiled wickedly. Fluttershy failed to notice her rabbit move next to the bear, and begin chittering in his ear. She tried once more, to no avail, and was about to just wait for her to wake up on her own, when she felt a paw on her shoulder.

The mare looked over and saw the bear give her a small nod, and gesture in such a way that his meaning was clear. He was saying to her, "May I?"

Fluttershy could only cover her ears and nod. "Just... try not to be too loud..."

The bare made a slight nod, and then took a moment to clear his throat, and let out a bellowing roar that made the bed shake. Fluttershy watched her friend fly up out of the bed and land a moment on the floor in a unceremonious heap.

"Inertia is a property of matter!" The alicorn princess yelled as she bolted upright and looked around at the bear. "What was that ab— Oh... hey Fluttershy."

The princess got up and took a moment to brush herself off, and let out a small yawn, before she hugged her friend. Fluttershy returned the hug and smiled at the mare.

"When did you get back?"

"About ten minutes ago." The yellow mare smiled. "I hope my animals haven't been keeping you busy..."

A shake of the head and a embraced smile came from the purple mare. "No, I've been working on a lot of research, so... been pretty tired." The purple mare chuckled a little then hugged her friend once more. "How was the reunion? Is his family nice?"

The yellow mare smiled and took a moment to take a breath. "Well, it was fun, and his youngest sister is really cute..."

Fluttershy told of the whole trip, leaving nothing out, not even where her parents were involved. Twilight stayed quiet until the very end of the story.

"So... he beat up your parents... wow, he must have been really mad at them for insulting you."

Fluttershy nodded. "He apologized to me for doing it, but I forgave him... as much as I don't like violence, well... it was sweet in a way." The yellow mare shuffled. "But there is something that I'm worried about."

"They might tell a tabloid about the fight?"

The pegasus shook her head. "No, it's got nothing to do with them... this is more about me and Soarin'... I think... I think I might be um... possibly..." Her voice dropped and was barely a whisper. "Pregnant..."

Twilight blinked a few times and stood there with a frozen expression. "I'm sorry... what?"

The yellow mare shuffled in place and felt her throat go dry. "Well..." She swallowed. "I um... think I had morning sickness when I was there... so, um... I was wondering if I could ask you for a small favor..."

She shuffled some more as her friend hugged her and gave a small squeal of excitement. "This might be really big news! You and Soarin' might have a foal on the way!"

"Well, yes... it's a pretty big might..." She returned the hug and a small smile broke on her worried features. "I was wondering if you could get the appointment for me... " Fluttershy blushed. "I don't think I could um—"

Twilight shushed her friend and smiled. "I understand. I'll get you the appointment, and everything." She smiled fondly, and then gained a look of curiosity. "Am I your first friend to know?"

"First pony, aside from Soarin's mother." She gave an embarrassed smile and rubbed her foreleg. "Soarin' doesn't even know that I might be 'with foal'..."

Twilight's confusion grew. "Why didn't you talk to him about this?"

Her yellow cheeks reddened more. "I... I don't know how he would react... and I want to be certain before I talk to him about that..."

The purple mare nodded. "Okay. I'll send you a letter with the date and doctor for it." She smiled again and gave her friend one more hug before leaving. Fluttershy let out a small sigh as she watched Twilight walk to the end of the path then teleport away. The yellow mare went to her bed and laid down, feeling like she needed a nice long nap.

Three Weeks Later

I really hope she isn't too upset about the reunion... Soarin' was lifting his weights, currently on his bench press, and was ruminating on the nearly zero contact with Fluttershy. She had been silent on the train ride back from the farm, not even a whisper as she cuddled up to him and slept. When he got back to Cloudsdale he wanted to set up another date, but she declined, saying something about her animals and a doctor’s appointment.

The stallion placed the weights back on their stand and stared at the ceiling as his music played. A solemn sigh escaped his lips and he rubbed his face, getting the sweat off of his face, and he hoped his worries. Maybe the reunion was too soon... that didn't go anywhere near what I was hoping for... He sat up and looked over at the newest picture on his desk. His large family, a farmers family, was smiling back, and among the blues, reds, and purples of the mostly earth ponies, there was one yellow mare standing next to a blue pony.

Soarin' smiled as he looked at himself smiling at the camera, and Fluttershy kissing him on the cheek. "She seemed really happy and she spent a lot of time with the foals... she couldn't have hated it, or disliked it." He swallowed dryly and took a sip from a nearby water bottle. His thoughts were derailed by the somewhat muted ringing of his doorbell. He quickly turned off his music, and made his way to the front door of his home and opened it as the bell rang again.

"About time, you working out again?" The bright yellow face of Spitfire smiled at him. Soarin' hugged the mare and let her in, and closed the door as she flopped down on his couch. "How was the big reunion? Is your aunt Raspberry Surprise still trying to convince you to open a smoothie shoppe?"

The blue stallion chuckled and sat down on the couch next to his friend. "It was really good, and aunt Surprise was a little distracted by Fluttershy to remind me of my possible smoothie making future."

Spitfire looked at the stallion. "Oh yeah, how did that go by the way? Did the family like her?"

"They loved her." Soarin' smiled and chuckled. "My sisters really warmed up to her. I think it was the whole model thing, that and she is wonderful."

The pair shared a small chuckle, but the stallion let out a small sigh. Spitfire didn't miss his change in mood. "What's the matter?"

"Well... it's just... Fluttershy was acting weird on the train ride back..."

Spitfire could see the worry in her friend's face, and sat up. "Maybe she was just worn out?"

"I hope that's all it is..." The stallion sighed and looked up at his ceiling. "Do you think it might have been too much, too soon?"

A roll of the eyes was the yellow mare's response. "Look, she loves you, and you two have been dating for like half a year. I think she might just need a small amount of time to recover, and hey, we both know how much thrill ride your family can be." Spitfire gave a small pause. "If I were you, I'd use your day off tomorrow, and go give her some loving, and a kiss or two."

Soarin' felt confused for a moment. "But I don't have a day..." He noticed the coy smile on his friends face and he gave her a warm smile. "Have I told you how good of a friend you are to me?"

"You could stand to mention it a little more." She chuckled and gave Soarin' a hug. "Let's go get some food... after you get a shower. Seriously, you need one."

Soarin' chuckled as he was ushered to the bathroom like a colt by his mother.

Angel Bunny hopped back and forth across the room as his owner took her time giving a brown puppy with black patches belly rubs, because he had been 'A good boy today', and began to wrinkle his nose at the sight of it. After a few more laps, he bounced his way over and hopped up onto the mares back, and began pulling on her ear, demanding her attention.

"Now Angel, Ruffles needs some attention, and a nice belly rub." She giggled and gave the rabbit a pat on the head then continued petting the dog. "Besides, he got adopted, so this is his last few days with me, and then he's off to the Cakes to be the puppy for the twins."

The yellow mare giggled at the thought of the two foals playing with the puppy, and felt a smile spread her face at the thought. A moment passed and she resumed playing with the dog, when a knock came from the door.

"One minute." She took a moment to give the dog a doggie biscuit, and made her way to the door. "They keep knocking... I hope it's not anything urgent."

She opened the door and her heart fell. Soarin' was smiling at her in that way that would normally made her heart melt. "Hey Fluttershy... I thought I would come over and check up on you." He shuffled a little and continued his heart throbbing smile. "I mean... we haven't gone on a date in three weeks, so I thought another would be nice."

The yellow mare swallowed and nodded. She motioned for him to come in, then closed the door as he crossed the threshold. "This is a nice surprise..."

Soarin' gave Fluttershy a kiss on the cheek and nodded. "I missed you." He paused for a moment. "I was kinda worried, I mean, it might have been something at the reunion that made you..." He bit his lip then swallowed. "You know... not like me as much..."

Fluttershy shook her head frantically. "No, it's not the reunion... it's something that happened before..." She swallowed again and sat down. "I... um... I had a doctor’s appointment about a week ago, for a small test."

The stallion sat next to her and licked his lips. "Is it serious?"

The pink maned pegasus hesitated for a moment. Well... I should be honest. She nodded. "Well, it's a life changing thing..." She swallowed and opened her mouth, but was cut off by Soarin'.

"What were the results of the test?" His face was covered in a deep concern. "Is it curable?"

"Well... I don't want it cured, and it goes away after 11 months..." She saw the clueless look on her coltfriend's face. She gave a bashful and slightly worried smile. "Soarin'... I'm... well, I'm pregnant..."

A silence feel between them, and stretched on for what felt like an short eternity before Soarin' could even pick his jaw off the floor. He took a few attempts to say something, but each time nothing happened, except for a small squeak at the last attempt before he could finally make his voice work.

"I... um... are you sure?"

The mare next to him nodded meekly. "Very certain... I had them do the test five times... and all of them were positive... I'm pregnant... with your foal."

Soarin' nodded. "I um... I'm going to be a father... "He ran his hoof through his mane and smiled. "I'm going to have a foal... with you..." He felt his chest swell with a joy he hadn't felt in his life, better than anything he had ever felt. A moment passed and that joy screamed at him to kiss Fluttershy, and that was an order he didn't want to ignore.

Fluttershy let out a small squeal as her coltfriend wrapped his forelegs around her tightly, and lovingly, as their lips and tongues played the familiar dance that they had learned with each other. They broke apart for a moment, and they smiled into each other’s eyes.

Fluttershy gave Soarin' a small kiss on the nose. "So... I would love a dinner date. You free Saturday?"

Soarin' nodded. "Always for you, so... should we get married before or after the foal is born? Because, I can go get you a ring right now... a big one with like fifty diamonds."

The mare laughed and nuzzled her coltfriend. "I think we can worry about that a little later. I just want to be with you, and relax."

They shared another kiss as they settled down on the couch. Soarin' wrapped his wings around her, and smiled, then frowned a little.

"Where are we going to live? My place or here."

The mare resting her head on his chest thought for a moment and nuzzled his chest. "I would like to stay here... but you would have a long flight to work every day..."

"I could deal with it... maybe I could open a smoothie shoppe here in town..."

The couple shared a small chuckle and cuddled closer to each other as they thought about the future, and knew it would be with each other.