• Published 22nd Oct 2012
  • 571 Views, 2 Comments

The Orbs of Destiny - FlareBolt



Flare Chaser, a young colt finds himeself trying to collect three artifacts

  • ...
17
 2
 571

Ponyville

Chapter 4: Ponyville

Once he got home, it was about 3:00pm. He entered his house and went straight to his room. He opened the book and began to read. After a while, he was called to dinner. He grabbed his food and went into his room and continued to read. When he finished his food, he took the plate back into the kitchen and put it in the sink. Flare Chaser went back to his room and continue reading the book, it stated many different facts he probably won't remember. Then he finally found the location.
*Ponyville... huh, strange place to hide an artifact...* he thought. He closed the book, put it in his saddle bag and went to sleep.
He woke up to the alarm clock once again and got up. He went down stairs and got ready to travel. He took one-hundred bits from his father's money stash and placed it in his bag, took some food, and headed out the door but was met by Solar Spark when he opened the door.
"Alright, lets head to school." she said.
"Actually... I'm headed to Ponyville..." he said.
"What? Why? Does it have to do with the orb?" she asked annoyed.
"Yes, it does, now, I need to get there as soon as possible." he said, closing the door behind him and ran off.
"Hey, wait!" Solar called to him.
"What?" he asked as he slowed down, letting her catch up to him.
"I think I will go with you, you will need the help." she said.
"Alright, now lets make some distance between here and us." he said as he began to run.
She followed him until they came to the train station. They went to the ticket booth.
"Excuse me sir, but could I have two tickets to Ponyville?" Flare Chaser asked.
"Uh... aren't you two a bit too young to travel without a parent..." the ticket stallion asked.
"Yes, yes we are." Flare Chaser answered.
"Oh, um... okay, here are two tickets, that will be twenty bits." the ticket stallion said.
"Thank you." Flare Chaser said as he took the tickets and headed for the train to Ponyville. They got onto the train and it began to move. They were right on time.

After a few hours, they arrived in Ponyville. They get off the train and find themselves at a small train station, a lot smaller than the one in Canterlot.
"Here, I'll find us a place to sleep, you begin your little search for the next orb-thing." she said and walked off.
"Alright, be careful." he said as he headed into town. He looked around at the colorful houses and shops.
*Where to begin...* he thought. He decided to head to the library. He asked someone directions and headed in the direction. He found it, it was a large tree house. He entered, found himself seat and got out the book. He read over the area where the orb was suppose to be.
*Oh look, a riddle... lets see... "The place you seek is close to the center, all you must do is place it's brother into the unnatural waterfall. Only then will the path reveal itself. Then you must preform a trial of courage to continue." huh, better write that down...* he thought, writing down the riddle. It was getting late, he needed to go find Solar Spark.
He walked around town, looking for her until he found her.
"Awesome, there you are, c'mon, I found the perfect place!" she said and pulled him along. They came to a abandoned building. Flare Chaser really didn't care, he just followed her inside and fell onto the floor, then fell asleep.