• Published 22nd Oct 2012
  • 570 Views, 2 Comments

The Orbs of Destiny - FlareBolt



Flare Chaser, a young colt finds himeself trying to collect three artifacts

  • ...
17
 2
 570

The Last Orb

Chapter 7: The Last Orb

There was the ruin, right in front of them. There was a large wooden door, he opened it to find a large room, there was no roof and there was a large pillar-like thing in the middle of the room that branched out into five different branches, holding nothing at the moment.
"We have to find the things called 'The Elements of Harmony' according to this riddle, they sound so familiar... Alright, lets get started, we should split up." Flare Chaser said.
"Okay, you go left, I'll go right." Solar Spark said as he nodded in agreement.
He began left, he went down a hallway and found two orbs sitting in a room.
*Alright... I'll just pick these up and...* he thought as he tried to pick them up, but before he could, a shadow came out of nowhere. Flare Chaser got out his sword. They charged at each other and collided. The shadow didn't disappear, they swung at each other over and over until he found an opening and went for it. He stabbed the shadow's neck and sliced right, creating a large cut in the shadow's neck, making it disappear. He grabbed the orbs and headed for the main room where he found Solar with two orbs.
"So, now what?" Solar asked.
"We still need one more, It must be in the room ahead, lets place these orbs up there then place the final one in it's spot when we get back." he said, putting the four orbs in there spots on the branches.
"Alright, lets go." he said, heading down the hall as solar followed.
They came into a small room where they got the element and ran out before anything could happen. They placed the last element in it's spot and a light shined in the middle of it. It was another element, it shot a beam of light at the wall in the middle hall way creating two slots in the wall. They ran in the direction of it, they got to the end of the hall and placed the black and white orbs in place, creating a door between them. They entered the room it was a large room with a pedestal in the middle it was a grey orb, but it seemed to have some kind of force field around it.
"Can you deactivate that?" he asked.
"No! That looks way to complicated!" she said with a confused look on her face.
"Alright, there has to be some way to deactivate it..." he said, thinking.
*Use your wisdom of truth to reveal the last of the brethren...* he thought as he looked around. He noticed a gas of black smoke rush into Solar Spark.
"Wait... you haven't been keeping anything from me, have you?" she asked.
He thought about that question.
*Does she mean about this adventure, or about my entire life?* he thought.
"About what exactly?" he asked.
"About these orb things, what do I not know about them?" she asked.
"Well, I can only tell you what I know, they are called The Orbs of Destiny, they are suppose to be powerful when together, but apart, they are nothing, I also read quite much about them in the book I got from the Royal Library. Lets see what I can remember..." he said, then something went through him, he began to see things, he was beginning to gain knowledge through Celestia knows what. Then, he remembered.
"I remember, the orbs are suppose to give you a power based on one of your strengths, it can be anything from muscle to mind, it reveals your destiny. That is the complete truth." he said as there was a flash of light. The force field was down.
"Yes! Finally!" he said as he ran up to the orb, grabbed it, and placed it in his bag.
"C'mon, lets get out of this place." he said as he ran out of the room, grabbed the other two orbs after Solar got out of the room and placed them in his bag, closing the door and sealing it. He ran out of the hall and came into the main chamber. The beam then faced them, then there was another flash of light, they found themselves in front of the Everfree Forest.