• Published 22nd Oct 2012
  • 570 Views, 2 Comments

The Orbs of Destiny - FlareBolt



Flare Chaser, a young colt finds himeself trying to collect three artifacts

  • ...
17
 2
 570

The Royal Library

Chapter 3: The Royal Library



A few days pass and Flare Chaser is standing a few hundred meters from the castle gate. He finally sees Solar Spark coming in the distance, she finally gets to him.
"There you are, you said you knew a way into the castle without being seen by the guards?" Flare Chaser asked.
"Yeah... wait, where are you going with this? Why did you ask me to come here?" She asked.
"I need to get to the Royal Library." he answered.
"It this about your obsession with that orb? Look, it's probably some old thing somepony dropped on accident." she said.
"Look, I just need your help to get in there." he said.
"Fine... I can't believe we are skipping school for this..." she said, taking the lead as Flare Chaser follows her. They get to a sewage pipe.
"Well, this will be fun..." Flare Chaser said and climbed in as Solar Spark gave him directions and left.
He followed the directions to find a trap door, he opens it and he is in a small room, it looks like it's meant to store cleaning tools. He opens the door in front of him to see it is clear. He begins to use stealth to get out of the closet and close the door quietly. He sneaks his way up the corridor and sees some stairs. He begins to climb them. After he got to the top, he looked around in the hall he was in, there was the door to the library, it was guarded by two royal guards. They were talking:
"So, this new student of Celestia's, is she really as good as they say she is?" one of them ask.
"I believe so, said she hatched a dragon on her own. She is in there right now actually." the other guard replied.
*How am I going to get past those guards... wait... what time is it?* he thinks as he looks at his watch.
*It's 12:20 right now... when do the guards eat lunch?* he thought.
Another guard walked up to the others.
"Hey, I'm done eating, you two can go eat now." The guard said as the other two guards walked off to where ever they eat.
*Well, one guard will be easier to deal with than two...* he thought.
The guard was wide-eyed for some reason all of a suddenly, his face was green as he ran off.
*Food poisoning maybe?* he thought has he went into the library.
He looked around, looking for Orbs of Destiny, The. He finally came to it to find it missing, or it doesn't exist. He looked everywhere to find a purple unicorn, a filly. She was reading a book that was quite large. As the unicorn moved to go do whatever Celestia knows, so Flare Chaser went up to the book to see it was indeed, The Orbs of Destiny.
"Um... can I help you?" a voice said behind him. He turned around to see the unicorn, Flare Chaser stayed quiet.
"Well, if you could excuse me, I need to study." said the unicorn.
"Can I borrow this book?" Flare Chaser asked quickly.
"Umm... Why...? What would a Pegasus need this book for?" she asked suspiciously.
"Look, I have one of the orbs, I need this book to find the others and learn more about them." Flare Chaser answered.
"Fine, you can borrow it, no need to make things up." the unicorn said as Flare Chaser stuffed the book into his saddle bag.
"Thanks." he said as he went to the balcony. *There was a balcony... of course...* he thought.
"Wait... what is your name?" the unicorn asked.
"Flare Chaser, you?" he answered, worrying she might report him to the guards.
"Twilight Sparkle." she answered.
He nodded and flew off, he made his way down back into town.