• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 2,941 Views, 173 Comments

Out of All The Worlds... - gordobraveheart



I need to get the ponies back to their world. No matter the cost..

  • ...
11
 173
 2,941

Prologue (Edited)

Ponyville, Equestria
8 days before Nightmare Night.

Twilight Sparkle and her five friends: Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, were all in the Golden Oaks Library, discussing their plans for the upcoming holiday, Nightmare Night. They all stood in a small circle, each throwing in ideas for what they were to do on the holiday. Spike was in the kitchen, fixing up some hot cocoa to give to all the mares in the room. Because that's how you get the mares.

Hot cocoa.

“So what do you girls wanna’ do this Nightmare Night?” Asked Rainbow Dash. She was hovering several feet off the ground, her forelegs behind her head, signaling her boredom. “I think we should go to a haunted house or something, I’m in the mood for a good laugh.”

Fluttershy’s eyes widened. “H-haunted house?” She hid behind her mane, shying away. “I think we should stay home... if that's okay with you.”

Applejack sighed. “Don’t you worry sugarcube, ain’t no scary monsters going to gobble us up.” She smiled at her timid friend. “Besides, it’s all pretend. Ain’t nothin’ ‘bout it real.” The shy Pegasus left her pink fortress, and smiled at her friend.

Pinkie Pie was hopping in place, a goofy grin plastered her face. “I think we should go get some candy!” She said. Pinkie had one of the biggest sweet tooths in Equestria. The fact that her teeth had not rotted out puzzled many of her friends despite the fact that she made no secret of her frequent visits to Colgate, the local dentist.

“Pinkie, aren't you a little too old to go door to door, asking for candy on a colts and fillies holiday?”

Pinkie ceased her jumping, only to stare her friend in the eye. She gasped, slowly closing her eyes to the point where you could only see her pupils. “Nopony is too old for trick or treating Twi!” She said. She continued her bubbly attitude, hopping and smiling in place once more.

Twilight smiled at her random friend. She looked over to the kitchen, raising a brow. “Are the drinks finished Spike?” She shouted.

A small, purple and green dragon walked out of the kitchen, carrying a tray of hot, chocolate drinks. His face was scrunched in annoyance, and he had bags under his eyes. “Yea, yea, I got the mugs right here Rarit-I mean Twilight.” The dragon gave a nervous smile, placing the tray of hot cocoa in front of the six mares.

“Thank you for making us these drinks Spikey-Wikey.” Rarity chimed. Spike’s face turned red, thankful but a little embarrassed, thanks to the complement. The other mares giggle at his reddened face, while Rarity gave the little dragon a peck on the cheek. Spike slowly rubbed his cheek, before turning around and running up the stairs…

“What are you going to be doing this Nightmare Night, Twilight?” Rarity asked. Twilight Sparkle shook her head, levitating a small, brown book by her side.

“Sorry girls, but I think I’m going to miss out this year.” All heads turned towards her, especially Pinkie Pie. Twilight darted her eyes left and right, nervously smiling. “Was it something I said?”

Pinkie Pie hops towards the lavender mare, shocked at what her friend said. She backs Twilight into a corner, gasping. “What do ya mean you’re going to miss out this year!? THERE’S FREE CANDY!”
Rarity grabbed Pinkie by her tail with the help of her magic. “Twilight dear, though I do believe we are too old for such childish games, you have to admit it is not fun being all alone in here, cooped up in piles and piles of books.” Rarity placed Pinkie Pie behind her. “Not to be rude, but what is so important about that book you are levitating?”

Twilight opens the book, small sketched drawing showing detail about-

“Portals.” She smiles.

Applejack raised a brow and walked up to her friend. “Um, sugarcube, Ah know you’re Princess Celestia’s prodigy and such, but don’t ya think you stress yourself out, with all that fancy shmancy mathematics?” Twilight beamed at all her friends. She motions a hoof, signaling her friends to come closer.

“Gather around girls.” She said. All of them form a half circle, with Twilight in the middle. She levitated the small book in front of her, showing her friends the detailed descriptions of the portals.

“You see, girls,” Twilight began.” I have discovered that not only can teleportation bring us to our destination, it can also rip tiny holes in time and space.” She looked around the room, waiting for her friends’ response.

“Eh, run that by me again sugarcube?” Applejack said. The rest nodded, also not understanding Twilight. “Not that it ain’t interesting, just a tiny bit confusing.”

Twilight sighed. “Okay, when Unicorns are teleporting, they are actually rapidly moving from one point to the next, meaning teleportation IS appearing from one place to another instantaneously, but with the help of speed.” Rainbow Dash’s ears perked up.

“Like my Sonic Rainboom?” She said. Twilight smiled at her friend. “A bit like that, except teleportation does not break the sound barrier.”

“But what does speed have to do with portals?” Rarity said. “How does any of this have to do with tiny rips in time and space?” The other mares nod, also wanting to know how this is relevant. Twilight flipped a page, revealing a large drawn circle with tiny writing on the sides of the pages.

“When we move at a fast speed, Rarity,” Twilight began, “Our magic can combine with otherworldly magic, revealing little holes known as “black holes.” Pinkie still bounced in place.

“What are black holes?” She asked. Twilight closed the book and threw it aside.
“Black holes are said to be bottomless, meaning anything that is thrown at it, can easily destroy it in the process. It has no end.” Fluttershy hides behind her mane.

“Though some scientists believe that a black hole can lead to another dimension, or world, if you will like to put it that way.” She closed her eyes, happy with the little explanation she gave. Rainbow Dash flew up to her, eyebrow raised. Twilight opened her eyes to see a suspicious cyan mare in front of her.

"So what does this have to do with anything?" She asks.

Twilight levitates her away from her face. “Because I thought you girls would be interested.”

This time, Fluttershy spoke. Interested in what, Twilight?” The timid mare asked. Twilight smiled at her friend.

“In traveling to a different world with me.”