• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 2,942 Views, 173 Comments

Out of All The Worlds... - gordobraveheart



I need to get the ponies back to their world. No matter the cost..

  • ...
11
 173
 2,942

Stop n' Go.

Stop n’ Go
Detroit, Michigan:Gas Station.
7 Days Until Halloween.
10:15 A.M.

It only took fifteen minutes to escape, but it took an hour to explain what all happened in this world. I told them about the man who ate the other person's face, which then spread the infection to each individual. I told them about how a S.W.A.T team would enter people’s houses and take them all away to a facility either in the city, or out of the whole state, including my family.. I told them how I’ve been living on my own for the past month with Nino and how we both have been living off of food for about a month until we realized we were running out, and we had to go find some. I told them about how I had to run away from some zombies and how I found them outside of my house, knocked out.

“So, when you went out to find us something to eat,” Pinkie said, looking at me through the rearview mirror. “Those things were out there too?”

I nodded, and even told them how my father was living on his own and that I had to kill him. I didn’t even have to look at all of them, because I heard them all gasp, but the silence in the car grew louder the more I spoke.

“And after calming down, I brought you all the food you wanted to eat.” Nino than started licking my face. I guess he knew I was having a tough time too as much as everyone else in this car. “I went up stairs and changes some clothes, and came back downstairs to find you all in the living room, and your Princess talking to us all soon after.”

“Than this morning I wake up to see Applejack and Nino in my room. I had a bad dream and they were nice enough to check up on me.” I look at Applejack through the rearview mirror, who was wiping her tears away with her stetson hat. “Thanks for caring by the way.”

“Uh huh,” She sniffled . “Nino and Ah heard strange noises comin’ from him, so we checked up on him.” She leaned over a bit and petted Nino on the head, softly.” Right, Nino?”

“Woof!” He said, barking in agreement.

“And after giving Applejack some cereal, the power went out. Turns out it was Marauders.”

“Marauders?” I hear Rarity say. “You mean ponies were trying to hurt us?”

“Not ponies, more like humans with zombie instincts. Their minds haven’t gone completely numb, so they are able to use their smarts to their advantage.” I said. I looked at my hand and pulled out the index and middle finger, pointing at both one by one. “There’s the normal zombies, Walkers, and then there are Marauders. They are equally as slow as Walkers, but smarter. They can’t talk, but they can communicate somehow.”

“Are-Are there more different types of these things?” Twilight says, sniffling. “If there are Walkers and Marauders, then there could be more, right?”

“God, I hope not. Like I said, yesterday was my first day I actually left the house, and I don’t know much about other states. Hell, not even my own, sadly.” It’s true. I’m more boxed in then I picture myself. “I do know some places we could go for shelter, for now at least. Like my aunts house.”

The mood felt really dark on it’s own, and the abandoned gas station made the mood felt even creepier. So, I decided to lighten up the mood. I looked at Rainbow Dash through the rearview mirror, who was too busy wiping her own eyes.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash?”

“Yea?”

I smirked. “I thought you were a tough mare? I thought tough mares don’t cry?”

“Of course I’m crying! Can't you see we’re stuck in a world filled with..” I winked at her, making her confused. That was, until she caught on with what I was trying to do. “I mean, I wasn’t crying! I just had something in my eye!” She then looked over at Applejack. “Right, AJ? We tough mares don’t cry!”

Applejack soon caught up with the both of us, smiling. “Yea, Ah hear ya. Earth ponies don’t cry either, cause we’re tough like that! Right Pinkie?”

I looked over at Pinkie, who’s straight hair started returning back to it’s poofy, frizzy self slowly. “Y-yea! We’re all tough mares! Right gals?”

Then, both Rarity and Twilight Sparkle started to smile as well, agreeing with the pink mare. Even Fluttershy stopped crying, and gave a little smile.

“Friends for life, huh Nino?” I whisper quietly to him. He nodded, licking my face. This time, I turned around to the six mares, who were all giving each other high-fives-er, high-hooves. “Alright. I’ll be back you guys. Stay in the car.”

“Wait, where the buck are you going?!” Rainbow Dash said, looking at me. “You’re seriously going to leave us all in this...um,-”

“Car?”

“Yea that’s it! We don’t wanna stay in here with all those things out there!” Rainbow Dash had a point, ain’t no way in hell it would be a wise idea to leave all of these ponies in the car alone. I trust Nino, but to many of those zombies are too much to handle for one dog, let alone one person.

“Alright, alright. I want all of you to walk around me, and don’t separate. Make sure you give yourselves enough space to move freely, but close enough to help each other in case one of us is in trouble. We’re going inside that gas station, and we’re going to find enough food for us for a little travel, got it?” Everyone of them nodded their heads. “Alright, I’ll go out first, and I’ll let you know if we are are all free to go inside that gas station. Nino, I’ll let you out too to sniff out anything, okay?”

I opened the door slowly, taking small steps out of the car. I looked around first and took out the machete, just in case. Thinking I was in for the clear, I walked over to the other side of the car, still looking over my shoulders. I opened the door, and Nino jumped out, already sniffing the air.

“You smell anything?” I ask him. He just kept sniffing, and when he was done he looked up at me. “Alright, I’ll take that as no.” I then opened the door for the main six, and they all walked out of the car quietly. “Stay around each other and watch each others back. Lets go.”

We walked towards the gas station, which looked like a fucked up crack house, worse than it already looked like before. The windows were all shattered, and the outdoor cooler it had was all busted up, with dried up blood spilling down the the cement ground.

“That ain’t right.” I hear Applejack say. “That’s just..wrong.”

The closer we walked to the entrance of the small building, I could feel my muscles tense up and my grip on the machete getting tighter. I could see the fluorescent lights flickering in a rhythmic pattern so randomly, I couldn’t tell if a zombie was going to pop out at any second. Upon reaching the entrance, Nino sniffed the door and all around, a growled lowly.

“I’ll be inside right quick. Nino senses something in their, so I'ma check it out.” They all nodded, all standing around Nino.

I walked inside of the small building, keeping the machete in a stance, ready to strike in case anything comes in. The place was so small, there were only two isles, all empty too. I walked around the store and looked around carefully and for anything I need on a travel. Hell, even a map would be useful right now, but still-nothing.

That’s when I saw the zombie. I looked at the end of the store, and the zombie itself had no legs, they must have rotten off. However, what really caught my attention was something really shiny in it’s hand. it was a key, small enough to fit in the zombies hand, but shiny enough to catch my eyes.

I walked slowly close enough towards it, but the closer I got the more it started to wave it’s arm frantically. I backed away quickly because I didn’t want it to touch me. I looked around the store for a long enough projectile, but I couldn’t find anything.

“How about using this?”

“Oh shit!” I yell. I turn around to see Pinkie pie holding my SwitchAxe blade on her head, from the handle. I nearly had a god damn heart attack.

“Pinkie? What are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay outside.” I raised my voice for a good reason, because I can’t risk her losing her life over not following directions.

“Well, I thought you were going to need this, so I ran back into that thingy, and pulled out this thingy…” She set it on the floor, backing away slowly. “I’m, I’m sorry.”

I sighed, looking at her. “No, no, you’re right, I do need this. Just, call out my name next time, please?” She nodded, then walked outside of the small building. I sheathed the machete and pick up the SwitchAxe and walked close enough to bring down the meat cleaver side of my weapon on its head. Its skull was crushed under the force I put on top of its head, and I watched it die slowly. But just because I couldn’t risk it, I pulled out my SwitchAxe, switched it over to the axe side, and swung hard enough the cut off it’s head. At first ir was hanging on a slab of it’s skin, but after I poked the head a rolled towards the wall. I shivered, still trying to get use to seeing this type of shit.

The grip it had round the key was pretty strong, so I cut off the hand and picked it up, using the my sleeve as a glove. I looked around for a door, and then I realized the zombies carcass was leaning on said door I was looking for. So, with one arm, I pull the body away from the door and pushed it far enough to give me some room in order to open the door. I used the zombies hand to open the door, because the key was long enough to fit into the keyhole. With a twist, I opened the door slowly and used the hand as a doorstopper. I wiped the sleeve on my hoodie while walking into the dark room. I feel around the wall until I found a small switch, and turned on the lights.

I smiled widely, giving myself a mental pat on the back. In this small room, I found small boxes of snacks, a case of exactly thirty-two water bottles, and a small case of twelve five hour energy bottles. Those would be fucking useful for staying up late on gaming nights, but it looks like those days are over. Still, this is useful.

I looked around the room for anything else that could be useful but there was nothing left. It didn’t matter though, this is what we’ll have to deal with until later. I walked outside of the room and outside of the building, smiling. “I found somethings useful. Alright, Applejack and Rainbow Dash, I need your help. Just let me run back to the car and put my SwitchAxe away.”


Everypony entered the car and I had to put on their seat belts for them, since they have no fingers. I did the same for Nino and I too.

“Alright, everybody ready?”

I look back at all the ponies in the car, who were too busy eating some Doritos and Lays. I found chips, a small case of chocolate donuts, those kind of pies that come in a wrapping, all were cherried flavored, some honey buns, and more. Yea it was all sweets and junk food, but sugar is keeping us focus, especially Pinkie. She nearly lost her mind when she found a chocolate bar. Unfortunately, Nino can’t eat chocolate, but I gave him some peanut butter, which is chocolate to dogs. I also was a little tired and hungry, so I ate a bag of chips and drank both the Five Hour Energy bottle and some water.

“Yea, I think we’re all set.” Rainbow Dash says, continuing to eat her Funyuns. “These are good.”

I nod and started the car. “Next up, Aunt Stephanie’s house.”

Author's Note:

Kind of a short chapter today. I couldn't update the other day because I had to go places. Only one chapter today though.

I'm going to be updating this story three times a week (Fri, Sat, Sun.) because of school and such. I hope you all are liking the fic so far, as much as I am writing it. The fire came back, yo!

Also, the ressurection of this fic is getting bigger than I thought, huh?

Peace!