• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 437 Views, 11 Comments

The Super Awesome Sailor Tales of Gaws McJaws - Gaws_McJaws



Many fun and awesome adventures that Gaws McJaws and his crewmates have.

  • ...
 11
 437

The First Journal Entry

The Super Awesome Sailor Tales of
Gaws McJaws

A Record of the Crew of the S.S. SSSCCSSS

(Please note that the 'journal' sections of this fic will be in italics and will contain any typos and misspellings that the character writing the entry may have made)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 27, Year:...I dunno

Yeah so, hi? Um this is my journal. My name is Gaws McJaws, the most amazing pony sailor ever! Or at least I will be soon enouf. Today was my 'birthday' so the guys got me this book. 'Write evrything that evr happened to you and everything that will' Mentor said to me. So then when I'm famace, I can sell this thing and everyone will know about me. I guess I should start with how I first joined the crew and who is in it. Then you ponies will understand who I'm talking about.

Lets see... There's Farseer... He's a pegasus and servs as our lookout. He's always up in that crow's nest with his telascoap. he's always got paper and paint up there, so I gess he draws stuff. Theres McGruff and McGreen, they are brothers, Gruff cooks all of our food. Somehow he can put flours in a freying pan and freye it without burning it. It is very duliseeous. McGreen is always sittin on the edg of our ship, fishing fo seeweed. We never get too hungree cuz he always gets a lot of seeweed.

There's Glasseye. he is the riches of all of us. He is good at reeding maps and helps ponies when we go to shore get treshure. He's ben teeching me how to write and act polite in public so if something happens, I can get a job doing something like writing. He's got lots of books in his room. He lets me borrow them. My favorit is Treshure Shore, where the find a lost land and get lots of treshure. he's usually cool, but when we go to shore he buys way to many drinks and get very wierd. its fun to watch him be all crazy.

O and theres Mentor. I dunno his real name, because hes my teacher and I can't know his name until my traning is over. Hes realee strong and does a lot of work. He is our captin. He is teaching me my menners so I can act civil in public. usually we are rowdy an carefree in sea, but on shore we have to be on our bes behaveeor. hes been teaching me everything about being a good sailor and helps me write with Glasseye. he says to write as if I was talking and if I cant spell, sound it out and use the ledders that fit. He is a very cool guy.

We all work and live on our ship, the S.S. SSSCCSSS. That stands for Super Seafaring Ship Command Center of the Super Swagarific Sailors. We go on treshure hunts using the maps that Glasseye buys in town and we get a lot of bits. We save a lot of it, but Mentor isn't telling anyone why. I guess heel tell us evuntooly.

I guess now I'll write how I joined the SSSCCSSS. When I was yung, I had lived in an old sea town. I dun remember what it was called, its gon now. My parents dyed when they went on a sailing trip and I had nobody, I always tried to find food and a place to sleep all the days. Then one day I was sleeping in a box and I was suddenlee careed away. I got poot on a ship and stuff.

I got out of the box and exploord the ship, I got founded by Mentor, He was saying 'How did this little one get on the ship' and Farseer was sure I didn't swim or he wood have seen me. So they were nise and let me stay with them after I sed how I had nobody. they showed me how to sail and cool stuff like that.

So one morning Farseer saw something in the distens. We got closer and herd a sound. It was lik singing or something, They were like 'Yarharfeediletee' and McGreen was like Oh NO! Piretes! They are bad sailors who steal stuff from good sailors. So we tried to get a cannon but we only had 2 cannonballs and no gunpower. So we found random stuff to get weapons. I could only get a broom. Mc.Gruff got a frying pan, it made me laff.

The pirets got on our ship and we tried to fight them but they had more ponies. They throo us in a cage and we were stuck. But then, Mentor had a good plan. He squeezed me thro the bars of the cage and said to get help. But i got cot and the piretes tried to force me to do work. They said ' pull the anchor up so we can leev'. I tried and couldn't and they were like 'pull harder'.

I kept trying and got mad. I yanked it up as hard as I can as it flew out of the water. I swung it around on axident and hit the pirates right off the ship. They flew away in the sky, leaving a little twincl of light. I got the kee and freed my friends, They made me offisally in the crew. I also got my cutie mark from the anchor, and now I am in charge of the anchor and helping Mentor Out with the shipwork.

So yeah. Today I ben with them for 10 years. I am old enuf to go to a drink place now, so we are going to the shore to party and get supplies. I'll use some of my bits to get drink and try it. I wont get too many, I dont want to be like Glasseye and his crazyness. We are almost there now, so I guess I'll say bye now.

-Gaws McJaws

The young pony looked at his book and reread what he had written. He was quite satisfied with his work, even though he knew he had made many errors. As he cursed his lack of vocabulary, he heard a loud, gruff voice yell from the deck, calling his name. Gaws put his pen down, sealed the ink, blew out the candle and ran out of his room. He knew they were close to shore, and couldn't wait for the fun time they were about to have. Tonight was going to be amazing!