• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 2,530 Views, 85 Comments

A New Magician in Town - BlackMetalPony



A terrifying tremendous tale of Pony who practices forbidden magic

  • ...
1
 85
 2,530

Twilight's Shadows

Shadow and Twilight sat across from each other. He had moved the boxes of books from the corner into the center of the room where they acted as makeshift chairs.

“So let me get this straight, and correct me if I’m wrong.” Shadow said to his fellow unicorn.

“Alrighty” Twilight replied with a half smile.

“So what your basically saying is that; back in Canterlot there is a group of ponies who work to destroy all of Princess Luna’s Dark magics.”

“Right”

“And these ponies are so serious that they would even kill somepony who is highly knowledgeable of said dark magics.”

“Also right”

“So I’m lucky to be alive”

“Still right”

“But in spite of those ponies, there is also another group of ponies who try to preserve works of literature that explain and teach Luna’s magic.”

“Yup”

“And you, Twilight Sparkle, are part of them.”

“Correct”

“And so are Princesses Luna and Celestia”

“You’re on a role.”

“Ok, here is my big question. If both rulers of Equestria are completely for preserving this form of magic, why do we have to keep it secret?”

“Equestria’s politics aren’t as simple as you think Shadow. Celestia and Luna may be the princesses, but by no means are they the only ponies with power. Public figures, powerful businessponies, entire corporations play a large role in how Equestria is ruled. And not all of them are exactly honest.”

“Well, if these ponies and businesses are so corrupt why doesn’t Celestia get rid of them?”

“Two reasons. If she suddenly got rid of all these ponies, the foundations of Equestria would shatter. It would be like removing the first floor of a castle, and expecting it to stay standing.”

“But Twilight, even a castle without a first floor can still stand with the power of magic. Couldn’t Celestia just use her magic to hold Equestria together?”

“Well that brings about the second reason. If Celestia suddenly removed all those ponies’ power and status, there would be revolution. Those ponies are rich enough to fund their own armies. It would start Equestria’s second civil war. So that’s out of the question. The only way to safely get rid of those ponies’ power, would be to kill them. And as harsh as that sounds, don’t think Celestia hasn’t considered it.”

Shadow looked on with concern. Never before has he imagined Equestria to be so corrupt. He listened to Twilight Sparkle intently.

“But even if Celestia killed all those ponies with her magic, something much worse would happen. In the same manner that Princess Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon, a demon of the moon a thousand years ago, Celestia would turn into a demon of the sun.”

“Wait... Go over that again...” Shadow wasn’t sure if he didn’t understand what the mare was telling him, or if he just couldn’t believe it.

“The alicorns are a rare breed of immortal pony. Only two exist, Luna and Celestia. However, an alicorn has two sides to them. A godly side, and a demonic side. When an alicorn is pure and uses their power for good, they remain in their godly form. But when they commit evil deeds, or become corrupted with anger or jealously, they transform into their demonic entity.”

“Just like Luna turned into Nightmare Moon.”

“Exactly. An alicorn’s life is not an easy one, they must watch themselves closely. Now, Celestia must watch herself closely. The slaughter of so many ponies, regardless of how corrupt they are, would be enough to push her over the edge, and turn her into a demon.”

“Wow...”

“So that’s where we stand. The princesses can’t get rid of the ‘moonbane’, or whatever they’re calling themselves, so all we can do is remain in hiding until something drastic happens. That’s when we would make out move.”

“Oh, so what’s this drastic thing that’s happening?”

“Don’t know, I just hope it’s in our favour.”

“Wait wait wait, I still don’t understand why these people are so strongly opposed to Princess Luna.”

“Well there are two reasons for that. Part of the moonbane are against Luna because they don’t like the fact that now there are two princesses of Equestria. It means that Celestia is less dependent on them, since she can depend on her sister once again. They don’t like it. They are simply trying to rid Equestria of Luna’s influence and weaken Celestia.”

“Hmm...” Shadow was having time letting this sink in.

“The other part of the moonbane don’t care about money or power. They are the ones who are opposed to Luna’s very existence. They believe that she is an evil pony, one who deserves to die in the name of their god. They believe that her very being is a blight on this world. That her works and magics are corrupting and evil. These are the ponies that would kill anypony they thought was practicing her magic.”

Shadow, who normally was apathetic about the majority of things, began to feel uneasy.

“So there you have it. All the knowledge of Equestria’s political and religious undergounf. It’s important that you don’t go spreading this about. It’s not the kind of information that anypony wants floating around.”

“So... What am I supposed to do then?” Shadow felt anxious, he always knew there was more to Equestria than what was on the surface, but the sudden flood of information made him jittery. Noticing his anxiety, Twilight tried to calm him.

“Well, for now, and most likely forever, just lay low, any don’t use any magic that is distinctively Luna’s, at least in public. But continue to study it by all means, having someone who practices her magic is a great asset.”

Shadow nodded, he began to feel a bit better. It wouldn’t be to hard remain low-key. He was rather quite good at that.

“And most importantly, make some friends!” Twilight gave a massive smile. Her horn glowed and a picture of herself and her five friends, framed in a golden heart, floated in front of Shadow.

“I carry this with me everywhere-”

“That’s a bit creepy” Shadow whispered to himself.

“Sorry? I missed that.” Twilight said with a nervous chuckle. She felt he body grow warm.

“Oh, nothing nothing. You were saying?”

“I carry this with me everywhere, it reminds me of the power of friendship, and the effects it has on magic.” She began to draw closer to Shadow.

“Even though Luna’s magic is dark and cold-” She could feel his breath now, and looked him straight in the eye. “- there’s always room for a little... warmth.”

With that, she pulled Shadow in close and placed her lips against his. At first Shadow was in shock, wondering how they got from discussing Equestria’s secret societies and underworld to here. The feeling of shock soon passed however, Shadow had learned not to question how he got into the odd situations he always seemed to end up in. Closing his eyes, he let Twilights agile tongue slip into his mouth.

The two kissed passionately, their tongues intertwining as they kept their lips tightly locked. Without even noticing how they got there, they now lay on top of each other on the floor. Twilight let her hips slowly move forward and back. Shadow let his frame press against Twilight gently, enough so that she was pinned to the floor, but not so much that she had no room to move her body about.

Suddenly, Twilight broke away. Both ponies just lay there, completely intertwined, looking into each other’s eyes. They both gave the ‘how the hay did we end up like this’ look to each other. Shadow opened his mouth to speak. He didn’t know what he was going to say, but someone had to break the silence. However, before he had a chance, Twilight gave his bottom lip a kiss. She apparently wanted to speak first.

“It’s not like me to do this.” She said.

“Really, I never would have guessed.” He replied jokingly. Shadow smiled and took a page out of Rainbow Dash’s book, and gave Twilight a wink. Unfortunately he didn’t possess the same affinity for it that Rainbow apparently did, and it ended up just looking like a parasprite flew into his eye. Twilight giggled at his attempt to wink and continued to explain herself.

“It’s just, when I saw you last night, I really felt like we could be more than friends. We’re both students, and now we share so many secrets. I just think that... maybe we... would yknow, be good... together...”

Shadow was still on top of Twilight, only now he supported himself completely, putting no pressure on Twilight’s supple body. His long mane fell on the floor and mingled with hers, making a brilliant display of purple and black. He was unsure what to think, so quickly his opinion of Twilight had changed. One second she was his enemy, now she was his comrade, and now she wanted to be more.

He looked at her flushed face and stared into her lavender eyes, pondering what to say.

“Well? What do you think?” She asked.

“I think that...” Shadow paused, trying his hardest not to stutter “I think that we’d be good together”. He wasn’t sure if he meant it, or if he had said it in the heat of the moment, but in that moment, it was what felt right, and deep down, he knew he spoke the truth.

Twilight pulled him down closer to her and greeted his lips with a passionate kiss. Having had enough of the floor distracting her flanks from the colt on top of her, she rolled the two of them over, so she lay on top of him.

Shadow began to feel himself become aroused, and Twilight felt it too. She began to slide her hoof down Shadow’s body. A seductive smile grew on her face as she pulled her lips away from shadow. She began to nibble on his neck as he rubbed his hooves up and down her quivering body.
*knock knock knock*

Both ponies froze. Only the sound of their breathless pants could be heard. The door opened and revealed Fluttershy, still oblivious, walking in backwards and trying to tell her animals to stay outside.

“Hi Shadow. I was just coming over to bring you a little welcoming basket. It’s got some teas and snack an- oh sweet Celestia!!!” Fluttershy dropped the basket she held in her mouth in shock.

“Fluttershy! Get the buck out of here!” Twilight shouted loudly.

“I’m so sorry I’m so sorry I’m so sorry” Fluttershy turned around galloped towards the door. Unfortunately for all ponies involved, the door had blown shut without Fluttershy noticing. A few seconds later the timid pegasus lay flat on the floor.

Twilight sat upright with Shadow still between her legs.

“I suppose we should help her” the dumbfounded colt muttered.

“Arrrrg” Twilight let out a loud frustrated moan.

The two walked over the shaking pony lying on the ground.

“I’m so sorry I’m so sorry I’m so sorry I’m so sorry I’ll never do it again I’m so sorry.”

Twilight looked at ball of yellow and pink, suddenly feeling much more sympathetic than she had a few seconds ago.

“It’s ok Fluttershy, you can open your eyes now.” Twilight managed to say. Fluttershy opened her eyes and saw the couple standing above her. A small tear rolled out of her eye.

“Oh Twilight, I’m so sorry. I never thought that... It’s just I never imagined that Shadow would be... I’m so sorry Shadow, I shouldn’t be going around to other ponies houses unannounced.” Shadow looked at the yellow pony. He couldn’t help but feel forgiving.

“It’s... fine, don’t worry about it. Just... look in the window next time or something kay?”

Fluttershy nodded intently before apologizing again. Twilight reached out a hoof help the pony up.

“Thank you Twilight, I truly am so sorry... I really should be going. I’ll just leave your basket-” She looked around at the goodies that were scattered on the floor “-I’ll leave it with you...”

Fluttershy opened the door. Her first step was less than steady, instead of bringing her closer to the outside, it sent her sideways.

“Ummm, you sure your okay Fluttershy?” Twilight inquired.

“Oh yes, I’m fine. Have a good day you two.” She said sweetly with a smile. The pegasus gathered herself and started to walk down the dirt path in front of Shadow’s cottage, her animals close in tow.

Shadow and Twilight watched as the adorable mare stumbled away from his cottage. At one point it looked as if she was going tumble over onto Angel Bunny, but she regained her composure just in time and continued her shaky walk.

“You might want to go to the Doctor! Get that looked at!” Twilight shouted at the mare. Fluttershy raised a wing and waved it in response.

Twilight pulled Shadow close to her and rested her head in his neck.

“That’s our Fluttershy” she said lovingly. Shadow gave a light chuckle.

“By the way” he said “who’s the Doctor?”

“Oh, well, he’s the Doctor” Twilight replied with a smile.

“Yeah yeah, Doctor who?”

“No silly, Doctor Whooves. You know him?”

“Nope” Shadow replied bluntly and mildly confused

“Oh... well stick with me and my friends long enough, you just might have to pay him a visit.”

Both ponies laughed. Twilight placed her lips on Shadow’s, and gave him a passionate kiss. They sat together on the doorstep, cuddling, kissing, stroking. Neither of their minds dwelt on Luna’s magic or the moonbane. Well, Shadow’s mind occasionally happened upon them, he had a tendency to let his train of though wander.

“I should get going” the mare finally said. It was getting late and drizzly. “I need to be back at the library before sundown to take apart one of my experiments. If it gets touched by moonlight it will catch fire, and when you live in a tree, that’s not a good thing.”

“I’d imagine” Shadow replied, making Twilight chuckle lightly. “Do you want to... yknow.. maybe go out somewhere tomorrow?... Together?” Shadow was letting his nervous side get the better of him. He’d never asked a mare on a date before. All the fillies he’d been with never wanted a relationship. Of course, neither did he. But now, it wasn’t looking like such a bad thing.

“I’d like that” Twilight said with a satisfied smile. She felt proud that she had conquered he shyness and was able to show her feelings in a way that was... so unlike her. She gave him a final kiss before standing up and stretching her legs.

“So then” she said “tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow”

Both ponies smiled at each other, and in a second, Twilight was gone.

Shadow trotted back into his cottage. He took a look at the gift basket contents that were scattered about his living room. Cookies, biscuits, more cookies, more bucking biscuits... c’mon, there’s gotta be some... YES!!! Here it is! Using his magic Shadow lifted a pack of tea leaves off the floor. He laughed at himself, just earlier this morning, admittedly at about one in the morning, he had been planning on leaving Ponyville. It seemed as if it just took a few days for the place to really grow on somepony. Putting his kettle on to boil, he continued to unpack his boxes, preparing for quite the interesting stay in this town.