• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 2,816 Views, 338 Comments

A Hero's Choice - Gin_the_Fox



When Lan apperes in Equestria after his death, you think it would be nice. You thought was wrong.

  • ...
13
 338
 2,816

Chapter 15: Disaster

Chapter 15: Disaster Author notes: Depending what I think of, the winner will be announced tomorrow. Probably not, but then again.

One Week After

Lan woke up. He had peaceful night with Twilight, and of course that means what everyone is thinking. They cuddled and went to bed. Perverts. Anyways, Lan gazed at Twilight. He had felt this way before, but didn't know why.

Even when you sleep your so elegant...

"Hmm. Wha... Oh Lan..." Twilight seemed to have read Lan's thoughts. She came closer to Lan, holding Lan in her arms. "Wait... TODAY'S THE DAY!!!" This sudden outburst scared both Spike and Lan, sending both out of their beds.

"Oh... that's right! I got to get ready!" Spike said joyfully. He went into his stuff and got a tux. Lan didn't want to know why he had a tux, but then Twilight beckoned him into the shower.

After which said shower, Lan had dried off thanks to Twilight's magic, and he went to go get breakfast.

"So Twi, whats this all about?"

"Twi?" Twilight had called out in a confused manner. I don't think she has been called a nickname before... "Just get your best suit on!"

Lan climbed the stairs, "I don't have a suit..." Just then a tux landed on Lan's face. "Ugh... fine..." Lan put on the Tux, with a little help from Twilight, and they went outside.

"So Twilight... whats this all about?"

"How do you not know? Its been spreading like fire!" Spike said.

"Ya, how could you not know about it?"

"DON"T BLAME ME! Wait... why are we just standing on the front porch?"

Just then, a chariot being pulled by two pegasus came and landed in the front of the house.

Both Twilight and Spike hopped on the cart, Lan stayed back.

"No..."

"Lan! Please get on, your not in trouble."

"Well, I know but... look just tell me whats going on!"

One of the stallions looked at Lan like he was crazy. "It's Celestia's wedding... how did you..."

"..." Lan froze. What the hell, WHAT THE HELL, WHAT THE HELL!!! I'm not prepared for this! Shit, shit, shit, shit, think! THINK!!! Lan got on and sat near Twilight.

~~~~~~~

At the wedding, Lan felt weird for not knowing this. He knew that Celestia was engaged to Blue but... why?! Lan felt a stinging in his gut, telling him something was about to go wrong. He ignored it as soon as he saw how heavily guarded the room was. As he entered the wedding room, or what ever the fuck you call it, he saw that it was not just big, but HUGE. It was holding just about every living creature in Equestria. Lan looked around and saw that they were pretty damn late, considering that there was no room left. Twilight saw his expression. "Follow me!" Lan followed and noted to hide Spike's tux, he looked too damn adorable. It turns out that they had front row seats, exclusive to the main six and family and Lan's friends. Lan had noticed that Root was nowhere to be seen. Then he saw it. Root, as it turns out, was Blue's best man.

Lucky bastard, well 'least I don't have to stand upfront of a crap load of people...

After what seemed like ages of conversations and complaining, mostly from Rainbow Dash, the wedding started. Lan saw Blue's nervousness and Lan gave Root a stare that said it all. Root said something to Blue that calmed him. Lan wanted to know what he said. Just then Celestia came through the doors, all dressed out and everything. She looked stunning, absolutely marvelous. Lan could notice Blue holding in his blush.

Lan's gut hit him hard, begging to stop the wedding. Lan felt it too, for what ever it was, it was going to make this day very bad. Either that or there will be fireworks. I like firewor- Lan noticed Luna, by Celestia's side, looking even better than Celestia. Twilight gave him a nudge. She had noticed Lan's staring.

Please don't go bad on me day! Please!

~~~~~~~

The wedding was boring, a little different than human ways, usually they do the, 'speak no or forever hold your peace' bullshit where everyone just shuts the hell up at the start of the thing, but now he could see that they do it at the end. Lan hated weddings, but it was for a friend. A friend he didn't want to lose.

Lan's gut hit him again, this time as hard as possible. Twilight had noticed it too and softly said, "Whats wrong?"

"My gut says something bad is about to happen... why..."

"And now, speak UP... or forever hold your peace."

Sweat ran down Lan's head, his eyes closed, pacing in his mind.

Silence.

Maybe nothing was going to happen af-

"I OBJECT!" The voice boomed from the back. Everyone gasped.

Lan shot up, flipped and landing facing down the isle. He saw a cloaked unknown and a Nameless. Root stepped in, guarding both his friend and Celestia. It was his job as a Royal, well soon to be.

Lan saw Zero stand up, but then he saw the anger in his eyes. He saw the Nameless. He stepped back down, figuring he might as well not die in the cross-fire and get killed by Lan.

"What are you doing here!" Lan shouted, incredibly pissed off.

"But I just wanted to let Princessssss..." His words strung out like a... a... creep. "Celestia know how I feel about this, for you see, I LOVE YOU!!!"

"I'LL KILL YO-... what?" Lan got hit hard by this hit, and so did Blue.

"Naw just kidding, hey man, do your thing."

The cloaked unknown reached inside his cloak. Lan saw fingers. It can't be...

He pulled out a shiny, silver object, and pointed it down the isle.

"NO, GET DOWN!!!"

"Wait..."

The crowd pulsed with fear and confusion.

"One thing, how dare you not have taco's in your world!"

The man fired three shots.

Lan dodged the bullets with ease.

"It's going to take some aiming before you hit me!"

The Nameless pointed behind him.

Lan turned his head around in complete fear. Blood had been sprayed across the wall, and a white Princess on the ground, soaked in blood.

~~~~~~~

...