• Published 27th May 2024
  • 491 Views, 61 Comments

It Was Just Supposed To Be Lunch - FanOfMostEverything



Eating off-campus has numerous unforeseen consequences.

  • ...
4
 61
 491

Chapter 4 — Dashie04

The ten creatures— seven of which were ex-humans— of poor portal experiences lined up outside the Prench restaurant.

They glanced among themselves. After a mild dissertation, the collective agreed to send Rainbow Dash in. Most other ponies and human ponies all had unusual protrusions that didn’t match the curtains or the drapes. The only other normal-looking one was Fluttershy.

So they sent Rainbow Dash in.

After a quick decision, Rainbow Dash marched in and walked up to the host. He sat lazily, twitching his upper lip— with it his mustache— almost subconsciously.

“Welcome to Le Pâturage,” he said, mumbling precisely as clearly as he wanted to.

“Uhh, reservation for one Twilight Sparkle?” Rainbow Dash asked, hopefully.

“Hmm, yes, yes, here we have reservations for… six as it appears. Is your party with you?”

Rainbow Dash quickly looked behind her, glancing at her motley crew of mismatched friends. “They’re here, yeah. Also we need a table for 10.”

The host quirked an eyebrow in a frankly insulting gesture. “Ma’am, you’ll have to file another reservation or wait for a table. If I could have a name—“

“Table for 10.”

“We’ll get that ready for you, give us 5 minutes.”

Rainbow Dash marched out. Unlike her pony counterpart, who would’ve gracelessly fallen on her face, she was not used to flying. So, her lack of wings bothered her slightly less.

“So… what’s the verdict?” The alicorn ex-human Sunset Shimmer.

“They’ll have it ready in about 5 minutes,” Rainbow Dash said. “Maybe if they saw a princess they would’ve let the reservation go up to 10. I’m pretty sure you’re pretty important here.”

The group sat around, they really didn’t bother to talk much because they knew they’d be called in soon enough.

Sure enough, they heard, “Table for 10!” called out loud in so short a timeframe that Rainbow Dash couldn’t even lie down.

“So… who’s going first.”

“Girls!” Twilight— human Twilight— called. “Just act natural and nobody will ask questions!” Her glasses almost seemed to droop in desperation.

“Are you… sure?” Fluttershy asked, covering her head with her hooves.

“Absolutely!” Twilight, again human, said.

“Come on Fluttershy, you’ll be fine.” Rainbow Dash glanced at her friends. “The others… they’ll be fine too!”

“Well, stop talkin’ and get goin’,” Applejack called, strutting in as if nothing was unusual. Her piercing white horn glittered in the sunlight as she walked in. She was followed by a bouncing Pinkie Pie, who was collecting rocks with her magic.

The now-pegasi came in after, Rarity showing off her cyan wings for everypony to see, while the human Twilight’s eyes examined the scene ever so suspiciously.

Among the last ponies to walk into the Prench restaurant were the princesses, Twilight, Luna, and now Sunset apparently.

“I can’t go in, what if they laugh at me?” Sunset moaned. “I’ve got two off-color things, including these frankly, over glamorous, wings.” She flapped hard, constellations dancing across her membranes as hunters and prey.

“My sincerest condolences. Thine cannot choose their wings, the wings choose them.” Luna cleared her throat and began speaking in an awful Appaloosian accent. “Ah mean, Ah didn’t choose my wings to be all fancy-schmancy.”

“You know, there’s other ‘modern dialects’ beyond Southern, right?” Princess Twilight added. “Regardless, we should be heading in now. We might be able to discuss this… trainwreck over some brie and wine.”

“Wasn’t Celestia supposed to be here too?” Spike added.

Everypony and Sunset Shimmer looked over at each other.

“Right. Spike you’re coming with me!” Twilight called, dashing into the restaurant, swiftly followed by every other princess, fake or otherwise.

Rainbow Dash was able to get Fluttershy off the ground and into the restaurant, and joined the rest of the group at the table. As expected, it was unceremoniously tossed together with a couple tables and spare chairs. They didn’t even bother to toss a tablecloth over it. Rainbow Dash would have to note this under the “alternate reality” section on Yelp.

“Bonjour, good mares,” the server said, in a mock-Prench accent. Clearly he didn’t see the mismatched parts, because he asked his next question completely stoically.

“Do we have any more coming?”

“One more,” Princess Twilight said, waving off Luna when she opened her mouth.

“Very well, can I get you all some waters to start off your meal?”

The table murmured in agreement. The server jotted it down in his notepad, and walked back to fulfill the request.

“So what do we do?” Twilight Sparkle, human, asked, a hint of panic clearly evident in her voice.

“I don’t know,” Princess Twilight said. “But we’ve got company!”

The table looked up, and through the door stepped a pony, regal in name, shining like the sun.

“My dearest sister arriveth,” Luna muttered.