• Published 14th Oct 2012
  • 2,403 Views, 55 Comments

The Pink Arena - Blaze Spectrum



The Mane Six may have bested many lethal foes, but can they really match up against those who are considered to be for girls? Were their victories softened in the actual show? Time to find out!

  • ...
12
 55
 2,403

Round Four: My Little Pony vs. Littlest Pet Shop

Round Four

Littlest Pet Shop, the show that aired on the same day as MLP's Season 3. The show is comparable with MLP in quality. While it's songs are only a minute, it compensates with being incredibly catchy. MLP had longer ones, and are getting shorter ones. While they both are of good quality, two Earth Ponies, one that can blatantly bend physics. Two pegasi, one that can reach mach ten and one that possesses a menacing stare capable of stopping anything. Two unicorns, one able to do more than under the skin and one that is extremely skilled in the field of magic, and that includes lethal battle magic. Can little animals staying in a street corner pet shop day camp stand up to these ponies?


A huge, lush, green plain was laid out in the middle of a collection of mountains and ice. The field was far from flat, several bumps of soil covered with grass could provide cover. As if anything needed it. Or did they?

Both of the teams spawned in a few caves in the mountains. The caves weren't big, so if the fight was to last longer than a few days, one team wouldn't have enough space to make a huge, developing base.

Blythe was somewhat shocked, as an error made her spawn a metre from the cold, hard ground of the cave. She let out a yelp that sounded too much like one of Rainbow Dash's before hitting the ground. The rest of the pets looked at her somewhat expectantly. Instead of giving orders, she glanced at Russell. Whether the hedgehog noticed or not, he acted like it.

"Penny and Vinnie, you work together and try to distract some of the ponies and try to land hits when you can do so."

"Blythe, you, um... Try to help the pets not freak out."

"Zoe, you try snapping. I know it's not your thing but dogs can snap hard, can't they?

"Minka, you play hit and run tactics."

"Pepper, you spray everything that's a pony."

Sunil, you act like everything's a cobra. Try not to punch any rocks, though.


Right at the other side, the Mane Six had gone far enough in the tournament to require to little to no questioning to begin doing things. Pinkie Pie, as usual, began distributing the weapons out of nowhere. She handed out a crossbow to Fluttershy, who was beginning to take a liking to the crossbow. Pinkie had gone far enough to design a small, wooden, dulled spike covered in a small wooden ring to make an aiming sight for the crossbows. She took out a small, razor sharp knife and handed it to Rarity.

"That knife is designed to spill the lowest amount of blood possible," she said in a voice that sounded too serious for her.

Rarity nervously levitated the weapon. Of course, Pinkie should have been telling the truth that the knife drew as little gore as possible. She wasn't very good with battle magic, wasn't a crack shot with the crossbow, the chainsaw was far too messy. So she ultimately decided that it would be used.

Pinkie gave nothing to Applejack, who didn't ask for anything and probably didn't need anything with a pair of rear legs as brutal as hers. Twilight was not given anything, and didn't protest as she found crossbows rather useless when battle magic bolts traveled faster, and had a slight explosive property. Crossbows didn't go as fast and weren't explosive, no matter how powerful they were.

Rainbow Dash may have not needed anything, as she was fast enough to smash into things and leave them in half. But she still took a chainsaw.

Pinkie Pie smiled, her team was ready. She pulled a shotgun out of nowhere and blew some smoke from the barrel, which shouldn't have had smoke in the first place. She turned around, still smiling. It wasn't her usual, winning smile. It was a sadistic smile that should have belonged to a psycho who would have been in a lunatic asylum.

The team proceeded. Walking proudly, hooves made the usual clopping sound. It was quite menacing really. An achievement for pastel coloured ponies. Pinkie Pie's smile grew until one would wonder how her seventeen face muscles sustaining it would sustain one that big.

The pets were at the other side, not so ready. They had nervous expressions pasted on their faces, and were practically target practice for Fluttershy.

A twang that lasted for only a split second indicated a crossbow firing. Fluttershy had pulled her hoof back, pulling the trigger back with it. The shape of the trigger made the string go up, in a position to release the potential energy stored. The string travelled forward, taking the arrow with it. The arrow went forward as a result at high velocity. It landed near Blythe, digging into the soil. She gave the used arrow a glance. They were unarmed, and their enemy got weapons from only Pinkie knows where. And so, she pulled the arrow out of the soil, flipping it to be in a stabbing position.

The other pets were half as prepared as her. They didn't have much weapons. Russell took a glance at Penny. Sure, she showed plenty of anger that could fuel her strength. But he had no idea how to convey it. Maybe insult her, but that would send her hurtling at him and he would have to find a way to send it to the enemy. He could say that the enemy team insulted her but she might not fall for it. In the end, he just dumped the idea.

Russell began a thinking of a battle plan. Perhaps he could roll along the plain, using the tiny hills to help provide cover and ambush on of them...

He was cut short by a unrealistically loud shotgun blast. The pellets missed them all but it was enough for him to spring into action.

Vinnie was the closest to being shot, it weren't for how much dancing he had done, he would have lost a leg. He began sprinting up to Pinkie. Maybe he could annoy her and Blythe could flip out and stab her in the back. Without even discussing the plan, he charged at the currently oblivious mare.

He kicked Pinkie in the rear legs. The mare turned around, standing on her hind legs, only the rear to support he body. She cocked the handle, letting an empty cartilage fall out. Then firing. This caused Penny to flee.

At that range, there was no way that any creature could dodge a shotgun round. Vinnie's whole body exploded into gore, his organs were filled with buckshot. Green specks were the only indication that the pile of blood was ever a living being.

Meanwhile, Blythe was crouch walking up to Pinkie, who was cocking the handle back to make room for a new round with a very satisfied grin. Blythe licked her lips, and flipped the knife in a position so that she would stab the arrow in with the most power possible. She raised her arm as she got ready to draw her team's first blood.

Rarity, on the other hand, was stalking Blythe. She had an invisibility spell on that with about half a minute of trying, finally got it to work. She levitated the knife and stabbed Blythe in the neck. True to Pinkie's word, it drew little gore. When Blythe fell down dead, not one drop of blood had escaped. When she pulled the knife out, it did have blood on it. But as if the steel that the blade was made out of repelled blood, within a few seconds all the blood dripped off, leaving a clean, shiny blade. She dropped the spell to renew it, as she wanted to know that she had five minutes exactly of invisibility. In five seconds, she was cloaked again and ready to stab more things.

She glanced back at Pinkie, who was wincing, from the pain of the arrow, which was embedded in her back. Not enough to be fatal. The party mare plucked it off, setting of a chain of yelps.

Russell began rolling along, to get Fluttershy. After he was certain he was unnoticed, he jumped up and used his prickly back to stab Fluttershy.

The adorable mare squealed, but a second later, the startled look on her face turned into a stern, intimidating glare. She picked Russell off her back, and aimed her crossbow at him-

"Uh oh."

-and forced the arrow through his body. It went through and continued on.

Rainbow Dash caught the arrow. She smiled, ready to drive it through everything in her path. She flew forward, trying to stick the object into Minka. However, she went too fast, and ended up crashing into the side of a mountain, missing Minka altogether.

Applejack picked up some stones, and turned around and bucked them. They went forward, like bullets. Two of them missed. The last one hit Minka, knocking the breath out of her and grounding her. Grunting painfully, she slowly stood up.

Somewhere inside of her, she managed to get the energy to keep on going. She jumped off several trees, making for a difficult target. Rainbow, who had learned nothing, went straight at the spider monkey at mach two.

And crashed right into another mountain.

She grunted in pain, slowly dragging herself up. While she was extremely resilient, she wasn't invincible from crashes. In a fit of rage, she accelerated at Minka with every ounce of strength she could muster.

She hit the monkey at mach 4. She didn't need to stab her. Minka was dead.


"Er... What are you doing Sunil?" asked Pepper.

Sunil was punching rocks, yelling out,"I. HATE. COBRAS.

Over the horizon, a multicoloured streak hit Zoe as it was coming down. While she did get a snap on the pegasus it only grazed the skin and caused minor pain, at least compared to crashing into a mountain.

Pepper snapped to her senses. Minka wasn't around, Penny was too scared, Sunil wouldn't do much but punch stones, because there were so many, and the rest were dead. If only, she could get the pony's attention.

"Hey Sparkly!" she shouted,"You crashed into those mountains and lived! Your skull must be thicker than I thought!"

She smirked at it herself. Not much of a joke and not the best insult, but she thought it should work.

Rainbow Dash immediately came back. While she was too fast, Pepper was sure her face held fury. She dodged for a second, spraying where Rainbow would be several milliseconds later.

The odor made Rainbow instinctively go the opposite direction of her, although not enough. Sunil saw Rainbow as a huge cobra and tackled her the opposite direction with unbelievable reflexes. She went crashing into, yet, another mountain. 'How many mountains were there?' Pepper thought. This time however, Rainbow did not move. The bad news, was that Sunil went with her.

Penny Ling stood in the middle of her fallen teammates. She began backing off. She no longer wanted to win. She just didn't want to die painfully even if she would continue with life, ignoring how her teammate just drew a kill. The five ponies in front of her had just killed most of her friends with utmost efficiency. She held her front paws up as she watched Twilight charge up a bolt of magic for a second.

Only for a smelly, familiar odor fill the air.

This caused the unicorn to misfire, hitting the edge of the cliff. The stone behind it immediately smashed into pieces. The rocks tumbled right on Twilight and Fluttershy.

"Come on Penny, GO!" shouted Pepper.

Penny forgot that her friends would live. She remembered all the time they had spent together, good or bad. Her fear was replaced with a cold desire for vengeance.

She charged forward, picking up a chainsaw that Rainbow had dropped. She revved it up, ready to slice Pinkie in half.

Pinkie however, was not going to let her demise come so easily. She pulled TWO chainsaws out of nowhere and parried. While she could defy physics, she wasn't sure she could hold it. As for some reason, the adorable panda seemed far too strong.

Penny kicked Pinkie's right chainsaw, sending it sprawling across the plain. Pinkie couldn't hold the Penny off with her one, left foreleg. The panda then released, dodging the sudden unopposed force, and slicing three of Pinkie's legs off in one fell swoop.

She didn't go for the kill, and instead bolted at Applejack.

The farm pony threw up to stones, bucking them. While they did hit, and had some stopping power, Penny kept going.

Suddenly, out of nowhere. A knife appeared at the side of Penny's chest. She fell to the side, chainsaw still on.

Rarity uncloaked, where she was already lying down, a smug grin on her face. It was most definitely not forced.

The odor, which had mostly disappeared, filled the air again.

Rarity did not react well.

Pepper, who walked through the smell like it was nothing, tail held at side like an underslung flamethrower.

She aimed at Rarity, and fired again.

A pathetic poof was all that came out.

Rarity extracted her blade out of Penny's corpse. She stabbed at Pepper.

It missed, hitting Pepper's tail. The skunk's eyes narrowed. Pepper dashed forward.

Rarity was ready to stab Pepper in the throat. And that's exactly what happened.

Author's Note:

PS: No more (insert name of show here) wins. It should be obvious.