• Published 14th Oct 2012
  • 2,403 Views, 55 Comments

The Pink Arena - Blaze Spectrum



The Mane Six may have bested many lethal foes, but can they really match up against those who are considered to be for girls? Were their victories softened in the actual show? Time to find out!

  • ...
12
 55
 2,403

Round Five: My Little Pony vs. Strawberry Shortcake

Round Five

I've seen one of you guys in the comments, SgtFrog, was looking forward to this round.

Of course it was inevitable, it was one of the shows in my mind right off when I had the idea for this in my head. The show itself is slightly random, and sometimes rather boring. But I'll give SOME credit when it's due. The songs sound, okay. They stick in my head, and I sometimes want to get them out, and somehow, I also don't.

So, welcome to Berry Bitty City! A world about down to the scale of microbes under a berry patch. (Well, that explains why they a bunch of things look so awkward from normal humans and creatures)

Yes this is a song. The singing is pretty good, but the lyrics... Please... Stop...


On the ground, one could make out a few small rocks and boulders, some level of rocks that could be called a mountain but were definitely no taller than fifty metres. A few crude wooden bridges were essentially planks of wood with a shorter one supporting them in the middle and each side. These beam bridges connected a few of these miniature mountains. All were nailed down in place, and none was longer than five metres.

The ground was full of dirt, slightly wet and was coated with mud. The dirt itself, however, was about as solid as most objects. The ground appeared slightly cracked, as if the ground felt like splitting. There were a few trees lying around, and some patches of tall grass and bushes with plenty of room inside making it only possible to see those inside in you looked closely. There weren't much places out in the open.

The area was roughly semi symmetrical, while there wasn't very much difference in every area, but the place still possessed similar features on each side. Both teams spawned on one side.

The Elements Of Harmony didn't seem to come together well. Rarity was appalled by the ground. She almost looked as if she didn't want to move. But then she saw the area high up. She made a dash for it, seeing that it was much better and close quarters wasn't really her forte. Pinkie racked out a sniper rifle, which made positively no sense as the place had no long sight lines. But Pinkie was Pinkie. She threw a crossbow to Fluttershy with ten shots and casually trotted forward.

Twilight was fine with Pinkie not pulling out any weapons for the rest of them, excluding Fluttershy of course. She didn't like weapons. Tools for destruction. But then, combat magic was essentially the same thing. They didn't really need much things, and was almost relieved that Pinkie hadn't given them more things to carry. She didn't like having to carry a crossbow she was never going to use, only because she didn't want the enemy team getting hold of it. The rest of her friends seemed equally content.


The Berry Bunch might have not needed much instructing. There was no one behind, as they weren't packing anything now, except that Blueberry had insisted on taking a book.

They all headed towards a grass and bush patch. It was pretty big. But they would need to split. And no words were needed as they just automatically went to two different paths. Strawberry and Cherry headed right towards to patch, Blueberry, Orange, Lemon, and Raspberry went for the mountains, as there were a few bridges. Plum went out into the open.


Fluttershy spotted a target. Plum. She was walking around, slightly confused. Perfect. With a loud twang, the arrow was off.

Unfortunately she had headed off away from her view behind a small boulder. She would need to reload quickly if she could get her once she came out the other side. Luckily Plum was ignorant of her shot. But still, she thought she would have honestly preferred a target charging at her. At least they wouldn't go out of her sight soon.

She rapidly reloaded, pulling the string back and shoving the arrow in with impressive dexterity for a pony. Working with animals and patching them up really did help, if even slightly.

She aimed again. Plum did head out. Putting a slight lead, she shot again. Plum turned around and the arrow missed her, despite it flying straight and true. Was it really so hard to hit a walking target that was ignorant of your presence?

But now, Plum was aware that she was trying to pick her off, and rapidly dashed to the side.

She'd lost her. Two shots gone. Enemy aware of her position. Not a very good start.


Rarity was trying to target Plum too.

And it was surprisingly hard to aim your horn when you weren't at point blank.

The bolt she fired merely singed the rock that she had missed. Her energy was sapped roughly by a fifth. She'd used up too much energy by charging up for five seconds and she didn't hit anything.

She spotted a few hostiles nearby, on the mountains. About a small mountain away, crossing the bridge. Good. Something she probably would be able to hit. They were at a slight angle, which would make her slightly harder to spot, at least compared to being out in the open.

She charged up another bolt, three seconds this time. Orange and Raspberry were on the bridge. Initially she meant to hit one of them, but after seeing the bridge, she thought again. It was about thirty metres from the ground, easily enough to break plenty of bones, and most likely kill. When they were at the middle of the bridge, she let go.

The bolt tore into the crude bridge. Rapidly melting and exploding into the side and the middle support. Both girls had a sudden expression of shock, Raspberry nearly losing her balance and falling off the bridge from the force of the light explosive. The wood at the right side hadn't really been touched too badly, but it snapped. All of the melting had happened in two seconds. Raspberry might have very well as fallen off completely if the bridge didn't break earlier.

That was fine. Rarity had sapped more of her energy, and it would be a minute before she got it back, but she was sure she took down two. The other two heading forward would need to take a different route.

Raspberry Torte and Orange Blossom hadn't experienced anything much like this. Which wasn't saying too much because it's not everyday you get the bridge you're walking on blown up and then get sent down really far. The impact would easily be fatal.


Strawberry and Cherry were down in the grass and bushes. The ground was not appealing at all. But luckily, it was able to reduce their visibility. Crawling was probably the slowest way to get around but it would probably be worth it.

Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were all travelling together. And they were passing by. Strawberry picked up a nice, long stick. It was pretty thick too. Cherry had two stones ready.

Once the four had passed and had their backs turned, the two dashed out. Strawberry hit Twilight at the back of the head, bashing her into Pinkie. This made her fire her sniper rifle which nearly hit a flying Rainbow Dash. Cherry stuck one in Applejack's mouth while she was turning around and threw the other. While Applejack flinched, it didn't actually hurt that much.

Applejack spat out the rock, slightly upwards, turned around, and bucked them into Cherry's face.

What happened next was a gory mess. Cherry's head was decapitated and let out plenty of blood.

Strawberry didn't like the sound of her friends head being taken off, but took comfort in the fact she would still see her. She turned around and whacked a Pinkie who was trying to load in a new bullet into her bolt action single shot sniper rifle. The .50 caliber bullet fell out of her hoof. Strawberry then smacked the mare in the chest.

Twilight tried to sort out the confusion by firing a bolt at Strawberry, but it had missed. Better than hitting Pinkie though. She sure trusted that it would work out. Or at least hoped.

Pinkie reached for a sidearm from nowhere but was interrupted by being hit yet again. Rainbow Dash decided she had enough. She flew up to Strawberry, and bucked her into the air, much to Pinkie's relief. Also giving the party mare time to discard the weapon and pull out a rather compact submachine gun. Much better for close up work.

While Strawberry was still in the air, there was a slightly audible twang, and an arrow sticking in her head.


Fluttershy was happy to be able to make a contribution to her team. Her start was very unimpressive. But she was able to rack up some level of help.


Blueberry and Lemon were heading towards the bridge, to find it burnt. Orange and Raspberry were nowhere to be seen. They both peered down, and saw their friends across the ground. No body parts were taken off, and there was pretty much no blood. But the internal damage could have been a completely shattered pelvis, a few areas broken in the spinal cord and dislocated joints. There wouldn't be anything they could do about it.

Blueberry thought it could be a good idea to salvage some broken wood and use it as a weapon. She broke several and lifted them up and put them on the edge of the small cliff. She looked at which seemed right. She picked two off the near bottom, which sent the rest below. She sighed at least she still had two. She passed a scrap with a single point. Her's had two. It didn't really seem too right, but it would do.

Then, a lightning bolt came inbound.


Rainbow Dash was out, flying around and looking for anybody there. She'd spotted the two and had launched a lightning bolt. It didn't seem to hit anybody. She zapped again. Lemon got zapped in the leg. If she wasn't dead, then that wasn't something she was about to walk away from. Blueberry was slow to respond but the second bolt she took notice of. The spectrum maned pegasus gnashed her teeth and flew in to intercept.

In a few seconds, she was around the corner. Blueberry was only thirty metres away. She flew in at a few hundred miles per hour and tackled her. She initially considered pulling the Buccaneer Blaze, but then, it probably required heavy loads of energy to be fatal. All the times she did it before it was really not much more than a fancy flash. She went downwards and tackled Blueberry to the ground at near the speed of sound. While she was rattled badly by it, it was probably nothing compared to Blueberry's. She shook some dirt off and stood up. Blueberry wasn't looking pretty. A few areas bleeding but most of the damage probably didn't show on the outside, and she didn't want to know.


Meanwhile, Plum was slowly walking around the rocks. Nopony had noticed her afterwards. And she didn't see any of her friends. She heard trotting but nothing in sight. She slowly scanned her surroundings. Nothing really.

"Right behind you."

She turned around to see Twilight Sparkle. Her horn flaring. She looked behind her. Where she was facing was Pinkie with a SMG aimed at her.

Both fired at the same time.

At only milliseconds apart, her body was hit by a light explosive bolt of energy, trying to melt and blow her apart. Only two milliseconds later, her back was peppered with low caliber bullets. The end result looked no more like the result of an explosion, but was far from pretty.

Author's Note:

I'll give you my opinion on this show.

From what I've seen, the plot is reasonably shallow, but I can stand it. Other people do like it, and I'm fine with that. While I don't see it's appeal, I'm sure a few individuals can have it presented to them. A few bronies also like it.