• Published 26th Feb 2024
  • 229 Views, 27 Comments

Griffon The Brush Off - TheKing2001



One of Rainbow Dash's friends comes to visit, causing chaos through the town and angering multiple townsponies.

  • ...
0
 27
 229

I Love A Good Prank

Rainbow Dash yawned as she rolled on her cloud she was relaxing on, closing her eyes as she sighed contently at the soft cloud under her. She always loved sleeping on clouds, even going as far as to make her bed of clouds.

“Oh Rainbow Dash!”

Rainbow groaned as her ears flicked and she opened her eyes, staring over the edge at the jumping pink mare below.

“Oh sweet Celestia, it’s Pinkie Pie.”


My Little Pony, My Little Pony
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh
(My Little Pony!)
I used to wonder what friendship could be
(My Little Pony!)
Until you all shared its magic with me
Unwavering loyalty,
Teaching laughter,
Helping other ponies,
Being generous to all we meet,
Being honest and helpful,
Leading the way and representing everypony,
It’s an easy feat
And magic makes it all complete!
You have my little ponies
Do you know you’re all my very best friends?


Rainbow Dash took off, leaving her cloud disappearing and a rainbow trail behind her as she flew off, hastily looking back as Pinkie bounced.

“That mare is insane!” Rainbow shouted as she flew past Sprinkle Medley and Milky Way. “She never gives up!”

“Do you think we should help her?” Milky Way asked as he tilted his head and Sprinkle snickered.

“Absolutely not. She barely helps us with cloud work. She’s on her own here.”

Milky Way nodded as he and Sprinkle continued their flight to downtown Ponyville.

“I should be safe here,” Rainbow sighed as she perched on a tree, watching over Ponyville.

“Hi Rainbow Dash!”

“Gah!” Rainbow screamed and jumped as Pinkie grinned at her. Rainbow inhaled and took off as she tore off through the sky, Pinkie following suit under her on the ground. “I’m going to die one of these days trying to get away from her.”

Rainbow flew through the Residency as Sunset, Trixie and Silverspeed gave her startled looks.

“What in Equestria?” Trixie asked as Rainbow flew up the chimney and back outside as Pinkie raced inside.

“Did Rainbow Dash come in here?” Pinkie asked as Sunset pointed up the chimney. “Thanks Sunny!”

“You can use the front door-” Sunset started as Pinkie climbed up the chimney and raised an eyebrow. “Or not. We just got done cleaning this house up.”

“I’m gonna kill that mare one day,” Silverspeed sighed and shook her head as the three started picking up papers.

“Which one?” Trixie asked as she continued cleaning.

“Both, really. Maybe I should wake up Rainbow early in the morning by breaking the sound barrier flying over her house,” Silverspeed mused as she tapped her hoof against her chin.

The three shared a laugh, glancing out the window as Pinkie disappeared in a blur.

Rainbow slowed down as she dove inside the school bell, letting out a breath she hadn’t known she was holding.

“This is a fun game of hide and seek,” Pinkie said next to her as Rainbow screamed and prepared to take off before sighing in defeat.

“What do you want Pinkie?”

“I wanna hang out with you. Hit the town, play pranks on my friends!” Pinkie exclaimed with a giggle as Rainbow raised an eyebrow. “Harmless pranks, mind you. I don’t wanna hurt anypony or overly cruel.”

“Well duh. Pranks are to be enjoyed by all, not hurt ponies,” Rainbow said as she examined Pinkie. “Didn’t take you for a prankster Pinkie.”

“Oh I’m a big prankster. Trixie and I hang out all the time, pranking my bosses along with Cheerilee. Good times. Now that’s a pony that knows how to have fun,” Pinkie said with a grin. “But can we get out of this school bell first? Especially before it rings and makes us go deaf.”

“Yeah true.”

The pair dropped onto the roof, sliding down to the ground as Rainbow tilted her head slightly.

“Who first?” Rainbow asked as Pinkie shrugged.

“This way, come on and grab a cloud. We will need it,” Pinkie grinned as Rainbow nodded slowly. She took off to the sky and grabbed a large one as Pinkie led Rainbow to the town hall with a smirk. “Over to the right. No no, a little to the left. Oh wait, back to the right. Now a little leftish while staying rightly. Stop. Hmm. Maybe a few inches to the south. Now a couple centimeters north. Okay. One more smidgimeter to the-”

“Pinkie Pie!”

“Uh, I mean, perfect. Now wait for my signal,” Pinkie said sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her mane and Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Alright, Sparkler is coming out right now.”

“What in Celestia’s name?” Sparkler muttered as she set her scrolls down as she stared up at the cloud.

“Now!” Pinkie shouted and Rainbow bucked the cloud as Sparkler jumped.

“What the hay?” Sparkler shouted as she glared at Rainbow before hiccuping. “Nice one, you girls got me there -hic-.”

“Oh Rainbow Dash, we startled Sparkler into getting the hiccups!”

"Good one, Pinkie -hiccup- Pie. -Hiccup-, you’re always pulling a fast one hiccup on me. -hiccup- nnaa,” Sparkler groaned as she picked up her saddlebags.

“You’re not hurt are you?” Pinkie asked worriedly as she hugged Sparkler, Rainbow watching worriedly. “We never wanted to hurt you Sparky.”

“I’m fine just -hicc- got the hiccups. No biggie Pinks. And hey, at least I’m not sending scrolls randomly to Canterlot or the princess. That would be bad.”

“Yeah it would,” Pinkie admitted as she let Sparkler go. “Bye Sparkler. Give Derpy and Dinky my regards please!”

“Yeah you got it.”

“You know Derpy and her kids?” Rainbow asked curiously she landed next to the pink earth pony.

“Oh yeah I was there when Derpy gave birth to Dinky. I’m her godmother, same with Sparkler. Good filly and mare right there,” Pinkie answered as Rainbow gave her a stunned look.

Pinkie in all honesty was probably the last pony Rainbow would ever assign responsibility to. Primarily because all Rainbow saw was a chaotic force of energy that often ruined her sleep.

“Love to stay and chat but I have dinner with Derpy and her girls. Bye Dashie!”

Pinkie took off in a pink blur, leaving a stunned Rainbow Dash behind her.


“Reminder, set a plate for your aunt Pinkie,” Derpy reminded the two as Dinky paused.

“I thought she was our God mother?”

“She is but she is also doubling as your aunt. Her idea, actually. She was there when you were born,” Derpy explained as Sparkler levitated another plate and glass down with some silverware.

“How long have you even know Pinkie?” Sparkler asked as she and Dinky sat down across from Derpy.

“Long as I can remember. We had a field trip to her parents rock farm and that’s where we met. Years later, we reconnected when we both moved to Ponyville. She actually introduced me and your father to each other,” Derpy admitted as Sparkler scowled.

“What was Pinkie like as a filly?” Sparkler asked curiously as Derpy smirked.

“Pretty much how she is as an adult except she’s a bit more mature now if you can believe it. Pinkie always was the most friendly pony I’ve ever met. We just sorta clicked ya know?” Derpy said as the front door opened, closing behind a bouncing pink pony.

“Aunt Pinkie Pie has arrived!” Pinkie exclaimed with her trademark grin, setting down her saddlebags before nosing open a bag, pulling out a plastic container and a bottle of wine. “For me and you, straight from Berry Punch’s house.”

Dinky and Sparkler shared a look as Derpy licked her lips. She admittedly didn’t really drink often but Berry Punch was in her counseling group so the two became pretty fast friends. It did help that their daughters were friends as well.

“So how’s my favorite filly and teen doing?” Pinkie asked as she sat down next to Derpy, filling both glasses with wine.

“Good you?” Sparkler asked as she sipped her water. “Oh, I made pasta for dinner.”

“Not having muffins for dinner. Where did I go wrong?” Derpy moaned dramatically as Sparkler snickered.

“And I’m learning how to count up to fifty,” Dinky chimed in as Derpy made her plate.

“I expect you to eat at least that much young lady,” Derpy said sternly as Dinky nodded. “Both of you.”

“Yes mom,” the two said in unison as Pinkie smiled.

“It’s nice to see you again Pinks,” Derpy said quietly as she watched her daughters laughing and eating. “Truly.”

“Likewise Derps. It’s been too long since we’ve had dinner together,” Pinkie said as she patted Derpy on her back. “We really gotta get out for a mares night. Bring Berry, Carrot and Sunset.”

“I’m down. I’ll need to find somepony to watch my daughters.”

“Leave that to me,” Sparkler chimed in as the two older mares looked over. “I can watch them all for a few days. Go have fun with your friends mom.”

“If you’re sure,” Derpy said uncertaintly as she looked over at Dinky nodding enthusiastically. “We will see.”

“Okay,” Sparkler said with a shrug as she turned her attention back to her conversation with Dinky.

“You’re a much better mom than I think I’d ever be,” Pinkie sighed as she stabbed a noodle.

“Oh please, any filly or colt would be lucky to have you as a mom. You’re one of the most friendly ponies and best judges of characters I’ve ever met,” Derpy reassured her as Pinkie frowned.

“Clearly not a good judge of character if I never noticed your ex husband was a jerk when I introduced you two,” Pinkie said quietly and leaned closer to Derpy.

“That was not on you. Everything he did was on him.”

“Eh still feels like it was my fault.”

“Nah. And besides, I got a perfect daughter out of it. Two daughters,” Derpy smiled fondly at the other two across from them. “And if I remember correctly, you broke down his door and told him to get out of Ponyville and never come back. First time I ever saw you kick somepony out. Second time was almost Roseluck till Daisy begged you to not hurt her.”

“True,” Pinkie admitted with a blush. “That did happen. Won’t ever happen again though. And you were right, you do have perfect daughters.”

“I’ll drink to that.”

Derpy and Pinkie tapped their glasses together before each taking a sip.

Author's Note:

Rainbow Dash is an extremely fast and talented flyer. Rainbow is head strong and often rushes into situations without thinking, often getting herself into dangerous predicaments. Rainbow is an aspiring Wonderbolt, later accomplishing that goal alongside her fellow weather pony co workers. Rainbow shares a fondness for danger with Thunderlane and Trixie, often being labeled as the Reckless Three. She's extremely unaware of the distrust some ponies, namely Raindrops and Sprinkle Medley have of her. Has an uneasy friendship with Trixie.

Motto: The sky is my playground.

Status: Alive.

Abilities: Rainbow Dash is a fast flyer and is very maneuverable. Rainbow Dash is one of the other ponies other than Thunderlane, Raindrops, Spitfire, Soarin and Silverspeed who can break the sound barrier.

Allies: Trixie, Thunderlane, Cloudchaser, Parasol, Sprinkle Medley, Bulk Biceps, Soarin, High Winds, Milky Way, Rainbowshine, Spitfire, Silverspeed, White Lightning, Merry May, Raindrops, Sassaflash, Dizzy Twister, Derpy, Cloudkicker, Lyra, Bon Bon, Scootaloo, Button Mash, Rumble, Quibble, Clear Sky, Sunset, Shoeshine, Roseluck.

Enemies: Sunset (formerly), Parasol (formerly), Sprinkle Medley (formerly), Nightmare Moon (formerly), Discord, Tirek, Sombra, Chrysalis, Wind Rider, Misty (formerly), High Winds (formerly), Rarity (formerly).

Weaknesses: Rainbow's ego often turns ponies off of her and is widely considered as lazy by her co workers, often leaving her to do everything by herself.


I'm also using that song intro thingy DerpyLover made. It does seem cringy to use, so you guys don't like it, let me know and I'll edit it out.