• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 798 Views, 24 Comments

All Because I Love You - frostingthecake



A pegasus named Frosting falls in love with a unicorn named Autumn Glimmer.

  • ...
6
 24
 798

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

As I prepared breakfast the next morning there was a knock on the door.

“Coming!” I said as I trotted to the door. Right outside was Sweetie Belle.

“Uh, good morning Sweetie Belle is there something I can help you with at five in the morning?”

“Yes, in fact there is.” She said with a stern look on her face, “I open my window at night to let cool air in- not to let crazy ponies with breakfast in.”

“What are you talking about?” I said nervously.

“I’m talking about you sneaking in through my window to deliver pancakes and orange juice to a certain somepony and waking me up!”

“Wha-“

“I heard you come into my room a couple days ago. I’m a light sleeper and I heard you go into Autumn’s room and deliver the breakfast. I know you like her Frosting.”

“Yes, fine I love Autumn. But how the hay do you know where I live?”

“Easy, I’m a crusader I have a crude map of Ponyville and two best friends that pretty much drip information.”

“Umm OK, wow. Just don’t tell anypony that I have a crush on Autumn. Please?”

“Your secret is safe with me, cross my heart and hope to fly- stick a cupcake in my eye.” And she began to walk away.

“Wait! Can you give these to her?” I said holding up some flowers.

“As long as you don’t go sneaking into my room through the window anymore.”

“I promise I won’t.”

“Good.” And this time with the flowers in her mouth she trotted back to The Carousel Boutique. Just then I remembered my breakfast and I dashed inside for some very cold oatmeal.

As usual Pinkie Pie was waiting inside the door for me her smile just as bright and cheery as always.

“Good morning Frosting! Are you ready to get a-shakin’ and a-bakin’?”

“As always captain Pinkie!” I said cheerfully.

Today was relatively uneventful because not many customers came in as usual so I asked Pinkie, “What ever happened to Mr. Cake?”

“Well, after Mrs. Cake passed on he was left to mange the store and take care of two children. The pressure was too great and he left for Manehattan with the twins in search of a new wife leaving the bakery to me.”

“Hm.” I said, “I hope he and the twins are OK.”

“They sure are! Mr. Cake sends me letters every two weeks.” The bell rang over the door to signify the entrance of customers. As per usual it was Rarity and Autumn. But something was off about my sweet, but I couldn’t put my hoof on it. Still she was a beauty to behold.

“The usual chai tea Rarity?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Yes thank you, and could you please fetch us some napkins?” Happy to oblige I snagged some cloth napkins from behind the counter and brought them to the fashion ponies.

“Thank you dear.” She levitated it to Autumn who took it gratefully. Thirty minuets after they departed closing rolled around again. Washing napkins isn’t my favorite thing to do but somepony has to do it. And as I went to wash the last one my hooves touched something sticky and deep red. Blood. And guess whose table I had cleared last? Autumn’s table, I had cleared Autumn’s table last.

“PIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNKKKKIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!” as soon as I finished yelling her name she appeared at my side.

“What is it Frosting? Did a cupcake give you the evil eye?”

“No.” I said, shakily holding up the napkin, “Pinkie Pie; this is blood. I got this off of Autumn’s table.” Pinkie’s eyes widened as she said, “She was coughing into that. I saw it.” She threw the bloody napkin into the garbage and gave me a huge hug.

“It’s OK, I’ll talk to Rarity about it tomorrow. Take the day off tomorrow while I get things sorted OK? You definitely deserve it.”

“But-“

“Hey, I’m the boss. And the boss says to take a break.” And she pushed me onto the street.

As I ate dinner that evening I wrote a letter to Autumn. It read:

Dear Autumn,

I truly love you and would like to invite you to a picnic tomorrow evening in the village park under the gazebo. I am the one who sent you a lovely breakfast, and beautiful roses and I believe it is time for you and I to get to know each other. I will meet you at 6:30 pm. I can’t wait.

Love,

Your admirer

And that was the absolute best I could write but you have to give me credit my talent isn’t writing after all. Now the problem that surfaces is how I was to get it to her without sneaking back into the boutique.

“I wish Sweetie Belle was here again to deliver this.” And if some magical force had carried out my wish a knock came from my door. I answered and just the pony I wanted to see was at my door.

“Ditzy Doo! Luna, am I glad to see you. I need you to deliver this message to Autumn Glimmer at The Carousel Boutique. Please don’t tell her who it’s from.” Ditzy smiled and put the letter into her mail-carrying satchel and flew off.

“What a sweet mare.” I thought as I went back inside to continue eating.

I began working on the picnic the very next morning after I went shopping.

Apples, oatmeal- rasin cookies, wine, some glasses, plates, a soft blue blanket, and romantic candles were all tossed into a basket I had purchased earlier. Now for the main course, this dish had to be absolutely perfect. All I had to figure out was what to cook. I started digging in my cookbook cupboard until I came across a book that my mother said would come in handy when I was older. “Recipes for Two. (A Lovely Guide to Romantic Meals.)”

“How about…” my eyes scanned the pages in hopes that I would find something to match my Autumn’s beauty in one delicious piece of culinary artwork. My eyes landed on the dish that I knew would make anypony happy especially Autumn, “Pumpkin Cinnamon Surprise” the surprise was carrot-crème filling.

“Delicious!” and I baked away.

That evening in the village park under the gazebo at 6:10 pm I set up the picnic in the most pleasing way possible so we could watch the sunset together. And I waited. At 6:30 on the dot a distinct sound of hoof beats sounded on the dirt road. My heart was racing, our first real date EVER. In the pre-sunset light Autumn Glimmer was radiant. Her mane flowed gracefully in the breeze. Her eyes sparkled and she was trotting toward the picnic. She closed her eyes before she entered and sat down as to not spoil the surprise of whom her admirer finally turned out to be. She slowly opened her eyes and saw me sitting across from her in the setting sun.