• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 798 Views, 24 Comments

All Because I Love You - frostingthecake



A pegasus named Frosting falls in love with a unicorn named Autumn Glimmer.

  • ...
6
 24
 798

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

She pulled away, “No, no this isn’t right! I’m not supposed to fall in love with a mare. I’m supposed to be in love with the stallion of my dreams!”

“Hawhat?” I squeaked.

“Hey Girls! Come back inside! Were starting a game of pin the tail on the pony!” called Scootaloo.

“ I’m sorry if my emotions took over for a bit darling, my standards aren’t that low.” Her tail flicked the end of my muzzle when she turned and trotted off. Why did I want her more now that she kiss-rejected me? It was because I was stubborn.

“It’s cool guys! I’m going home.” I called back.

As I flew back home I couldn’t get her out of my head. Her perfect smile, her shiny coat, the way her speech was lit by a distinct Trottingham accent. I needed sleep, and this stupid fantasy that Autumn and I would ever be together would vanish.

“But then again, reviewing the situation she said, ‘I’m supposed to,” not “I want to.’ So she does like me!” I looped in mid flight and landed on my porch.

That night I had a dream about when Mrs. Cake passed away and Pinkie Pie was hiring. I had been a blank flank at the time and I was desperate, so I begged for her to hire me. Even though I might have been a total disaster she hired me anyway. I baked up a storm that day; and Pinkie Pie was watching me with that huge grin of hers plastered on her face the whole time. By the time closing rolled around she had asked me to become her personal assistant and protégé in Sugarcube Corner. I happily agreed. It wasn’t until that night when I got home and looked at myself in a full-length mirror I saw my cutie mark, a green frosted cupcake. But when I cooked dinner for my parents it sealed the deal, I was a chef and my place was in the kitchen. Next, my dream was intruded by Autumn. An extremely fantasized dream about how this day should have ended.

After we kissed our eyes met, and so again did our lips. Over and over we kissed until my world was immersed in the deep amber of her eyes, and the warmth of our embrace. We were on top and nothing would change that until- beep beep beep.

My hoof hit the alarm clock. 5:00 am, time for my morning flight. This time before I left I prepared pancakes and orange juice and a note for Autumn. It read:

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

This breakfast was prepared just for you.

With love, your admirer.

It was so corny, but it had to be done. I flew over the boutique and slid silently into an open window. It was Sweetie Belle’s room. She was singing in her sleep. I snuck quietly out of her room and peeked into the adjacent doorway. Bingo, Autumn’s room. I slid the breakfast tray onto her nightstand and stared at the gorgeous mare sleeping in the bed. Damn, she was even prettier while she slept. I leaned over and gently kissed the tip of her horn and whispered, “I love you Autumn Glimmer.” And I exited the building as silently as I came in.

Pinkie pie stood near the door as usual when I came in. She looked at me suspiciously.

“Why were you late?” she asked nonchalantly when we were setting out apple fritters.

“I was uh, visiting a friend.” I said as I dolloped whipped cream onto the fritters.

“Don’t lie to me Frosting. If you lied to me and I found out? Everypony would be in for a world of trouble.” I didn’t want to piss off either my boss, or my friend so I confessed.

“I snuck into The Carousel Boutique really early so I could deliver a present to Autumn because I love her and I want her to love me back!”

“Oh-hoho, a love present. I understand.”

“How could you possibly understand? You’ve never mentioned anypony special.”

“Nope, but I have been in love before.” A grin was manifesting itself on Pinkie’s muzzle.

“With who? When?” I asked as Pinkie Pie flipped the sign on the door from closed to open.

“I’ll tell you when you’ve gotten your issues straightened out.” She said with a sneaky grin.

The first customer of the day wandered inside and I was baking like my life depended on it. Every second I dreamed I was making beautiful things for Autumn and she loved them, and she love me. Speak of the Nightmare, Autumn trotted inside with Rarity. They were both outfitted in dazzling dresses encrusted in gemstones. Rarity in amethyst and Autumn in Topaz and Citrine. I flitted lightly over to their table and asked, “Hello ladies. What would you like to-” My heart stopped when Autumn looked directly at me with those gorgeous amber eyes, “to- to eat?” I said regaining my composure.

“We’d like some tea please.” Rarity said kindly. Autumn nodded her agreement. As I walked to the kitchen I couldn’t help but eavesdrop on their conversation.

“-Left me a delicious breakfast and a cute poem.”

“Sounds like somepony has a secret admirer.”

“I wonder who he is?”

“Well we’ll have to find out, and when we get back to the boutique-.” Awesome, she didn’t suspect a thing.

“Here are your teas ladies. Would you like anything else?”

“No thank you.” And after that, they drank their tea, paid and left.

At closing time I asked Pinkie Pie, “How is Autumn Rarity’s model anyway?”

“Well, back when Everypony didn’t know that Photo Finish took Buck she was a very famous fasionista traveling all over Equestria looking for the next top model. One day in Trottingham while sipping coffee in a café she saw Autumn sitting in a corner by herself. She saw the potential and beauty that the young filly possessed and offered her the chance of a lifetime. Autumn gladly accepted the offer and became an overnight sensation until one day before a performance in a drugged rage Photo Finish beat Autumn. But she escaped and moved to Ponyville so she wouldn’t be hurt again.” Pinkie pulled out some magazines from five years ago from the rack, and on the cover was Autumn Glimmer advertising a new spring line. “Out of a job and homeless she knocked on the nearest door; which happened to be the boutique and asked for a place to stay. Rarity recognizing talent let her in and offered her a job. And they’ve been working together ever since.” My mouth gaped open, Autumn was beaten? I had no idea.

“Well good night Frosting! See you tomorrow!” and I flew off into the warm summer evening wondering if I should know my crush a little bit better before I went fantasizing.

That night I dreamed about her again, but this time it was a quiet picnic. Just Autumn, Luna's stars,and me.