• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 426 Views, 90 Comments

Marking the Generations – Part Two - Glimbursts



A reimagining of the later stages of the Make your Mark series. In this second part, Peach Fizz and Glory suddenly go missing, their disappearance being strangely connected to Misty’s dreams. Can our heroes unravel the mystery in time to save them?

  • ...
2
 90
 426

Chapter Eleven – Loyal

Peach Fizz gasped as she pulled and tugged on the strange purple glowing leash that was around her neck. She had had enough of being stuck to the strange pool of liquid the other end of the leash was attached to.

“Please, somepony help me!” she cried. “I want to go home!”

“Oh, but this is your home,” a voice said, echoing all around. “Your new home.”

“No, no it’s not,” Peach Fizz replied as she spun right around almost falling in the strange pool. Her horn began to glow as she tried to pull where the leash was attached. However, it had no effect and eventually her horn just fizzled out.

“Funny you thought that would work,” the voice said. “I’m your friend, I saved you from the sea and that evil shadow.”

“No, you didn’t!” Peach Fizz shouted. “If you were my friend, you wouldn’t keep me tied up here. You’d let me go home.”

“But I’m so lonely and I’m worried you’ll run away and leave me all alone,” the voice replied.

Peach Fizz gasped as she looked up a ramp to see Opaline standing at the top. Recognising her from both Queen Haven’s address and the streams Pipp had been broadcasting.

“You’re the evil pony!” Peach Fizz shouted. “I’ll never be friends with you! Let me go!”

The smile that had been on Opaline’s face vanished and turned into a scowl as she descended the ramp.

“I’m Opaline Arcana,” she replied. “I’m not evil, I’m an Alicorn. Alicorns are supposed to be loved and feared.”

“That makes no sense,” Peach Fizz scowled. “You can’t love and fear somepony.”

“Oh, but I’m sure you will,” Opaline smiled sweetly as she fired a magical blast at her cauldron pool. “You’ll be a great help now Misty is gone.”

“I’ll never help you,” Peach Fizz replied.

Peach Fizz gasped as the liquid in the pool suddenly changed colour, going from transparent to a golden yellow. She tried to back away from the pool in fear, but the leash went taught. She tugged and tugged but it still held firm, keeping her connected to the pool.

“Let’s make you a little more loyal, shall we?” Opaline smiled.

Opaline levitated a cup from one of the nearby shelves before dipping it into the pool. As she raised it up, she grinned at the yellow liquid as it swirled within the cup before offering it towards Peach Fizz.

“I’m not drinking it,” Peach Fizz growled and swung out defiantly with a hoof.

Opaline scowled as she dodged the cup away. “I can make things very, very difficult for you.”

Peach Fizz gasped as suddenly wisps of purple magical energy appeared around each of her hoofs. She gasped as the one she had raised was suddenly forced to the ground. She tugged, but found they were now locked in place.

“Now, drink,” Opaline ordered as she levitated the cup towards Peach Fizz’s lips.

Before Peach Fizz knew what was happening, the cup was in her lips and the liquid was running down her throat. She coughed as Opaline moved the empty cup away.

“What are you….” Peach Fizz started to say before she stopped.

She looked calmly back at Opaline, all defiance having disappeared from her features. Her previous defiant struggling had also come to an end. Opaline smiled as it seemed her potion had already worked.

“So, who are you and who are you loyal to?” Opaline smiled.

“I’m Peach Fizz, and I’m loyal to you, Opaline Arcana,” Peach Fizz replied calmly.

“And who is your friend?” Opaline asked.

“I’ve got two friends,” Peach Fizz replied. “Glory and Seashell, they’re my best friends.”

Opaline scowled with annoyance. “So, what am I to you?”

“My mistress,” Peach Fizz replied. “I’ll try my best to do anything you ask of me.”

Opaline’s scowl turned into a smile. “Ah, close enough to what I wanted,” she replied as she released the magic holding Peach Fizz in place. “Now, my darling Peach Fizz. This is what I need you to do…”