• Published 7th Feb 2024
  • 363 Views, 8 Comments

Insanity in Ponyville - Aether Spark



Twilight wakes up to a Ponyville gone mad, can she fix it?

  • ...
1
 8
 363

Entering the maddened town

Ponyville parties are extra fun due to a certain pink pony.

Twilight trotted through Ponyville, Pinkie’s latest party was in full swing.

“Wow, Pinkie really outdid herself,” Twilight complimented as she trotted with her friends, sans Pinkie who was elsewhere.

“Wonder what the occasion is?” AJ asked.

“Whatever, party time!” Rainbow cheered as she gulped down some hard cider and flew overhead.

“Easy Dash, you don’t want to drink too much before the main event,” Starlight said.

The group trotted over to the nearby buffet tables, Pinkie had laid out, there were signs saying not to eat yet… odd…

Fluttershy accepted a cider from a stallion manning a cider stand and trotted over to the group.

“Has anypony seen Discord?” Fluttershy asked.

“Ah think he’s with Pinkie, setting things up, but apart from that, I don’t know,” Applejack said.

“Pinkie said she had an important announcement to make before the ponies could eat, I wonder what it could be,” Rarity asked.

“Probably about a new recipe she made,” Spike said as he was riding on Twilight’s back.

“Trixie bets it is just another one of her drawn-out speeches,” Trixie added as she trotted past the group, the group made it to the stage Pinkie set up.

“Shh! It’s starting!” Rainbow said as the curtains pulled back and Pinkie trotted out amidst smoke and confetti.

“HELLOOOO PONIES!” Pinkie cheered into a megaphone and the ponies stamped their hooves and cheered as Pinkie spoke “I am happy to inform you that I have prepared a veritable feast for you all! And I owe it to a few sources I won’t say aloud for discretion sake, that this feast will be unlike any before!” Pinkie giggled.

“Called it,” Spike said.

“And besides, why NOT throw a humongoussuperfantastic party for the heck of it?!” Pinkie added.

The ponies stamped some more as they cheered.

“And now… without further ado, dig in!” Pinkie cheered before pulling a switch and all the covers on the foods were lifted, exposing the sugary sweets to the crowd.

Brownies, chocolate, ice cream, cake, and more nummy things left and right.

The ponies cheered and ran over to the tables and began eating.

“AW YEAH! Let me at ‘em!” Rainbow cheered flying over.

“Those do look good, just not for my figure,” Rarity said while going over to the ice cream.

“Time ta party,” AJ said going over to the apple pies.

“Hope Pinkie sectioned off some gemstone pastries for me,” Spike said as he ran around looking.

“I’ll enjoy some too,” Fluttershy said trotting over to the churros.

“Wait for us!” Trixie and Starlight ran in to enjoy as well.

“I dunno,” Twilight said picking up a brownie.

“Come on Twilight! Join the fun!” Pinkie said trotting by Twilight, holding a scone.

“Alright alright, maybe one,” Twilight said, picking up a brownie and holding it up to her friends who had their own treats “To an eventful night of sugary fun I guess!” Twilight cheered.

The others cheered and began eating.

Twilight opened her mouth and bit into the brownie tasting the chocolatey wonders of Pinkie’s cooking-


“Oooooh….” Twilight groaned sitting up in her bed, she honestly felt like crap… “What… happ- Uuuurp!… happened?...” Twilight looked around confusedly, one moment she was at a big Ponyville party the next she was in bed… and what was she… wearing?

She was wearing a fairy princess outfit, and was covered in either mud, chocolate, or something she really didn’t want it to be…

“Oooh… my head…. My back… my everything…. Seriously, what happened last night?” Twilight got out of bed, and winced as her body hurt, but she managed to undress from the outfit and exit the door and make her way downstairs, she paused seeing the downstairs a wreck, too tired to focus on that though, Twilight continued to the kitchen.

As she made her way towards the kitchen, seeking coffee she heard crashing noises and saw some kind of shadow in the kitchen.

“Huh? Who's there?” Twilight lit her horn in defense but it sent a crackling pain through her head, but she kept her defense up in case of an intruder.

Twilight rounded the corner and aimed her horn.

“Come out!” Twilight demanded… only to see Spike with his head in a cereal box, making grunting and growling noises.

“Spike? You scared me half to death, I thought there was an intruder,” Twilight sighed.

Spike continued running around on all fours grunting and growling.

“Spike? Are you okay? Talk to me,” Twilight said, when Spike didn’t respond she used her magic to stop him “Spike! Enough playing around, we need to clean the living room!” Twilight said before pulling off the cereal box from his head and setting him down.

Spike remained on all fours and looked around as if he didn’t understand where he was.

“Spike, you're starting to worry me, talk to me,” Twilight said, before jumping a little as Spike looked at her and began growling,

“Spike? Stop it, you're scaring me,” Twilight said.

“Grrrrr! ARF ARF!” Spike barked and he lunged at her and Twilight yelped and put up a barrier, blocking him, he scratched at the barrier barking like a dog.

“SPIKE! What’s gotten into you?” Twilight exclaimed and she was forced to surround him in a barrier to stop him from attacking, he barked some more and sniffed at the barrier.

She noticed his eyes lacked an intelligent gleam, almost like he was an actual animal.

“Spike?... What happened to you?” Twilight asked before thinking back on Fluttershy’s teaching on how to communicate with animals better, she tried it.

“Uh… good boy Spike, who's a good boy?” Twilight attempted.

“Hrm?...” Spike tilted his head before he started barking again.

“Oook, um… does Spike want a treat?” Twilight looked around and spotted some of Spike's gathered gemstones and she grabbed one and offered it to him while raising the barrier as a wall again, releasing him.

Spike sniffed the gemstone and ate it, and then he barked happily.

“Oh, you were just hungry? Ok good, can I let the barrier down now?” Twilight asked doing so and Spike still seemed wary of her but he approached her a little more calmly.

Twilight grabbed a few more gemstones and she fed him some more before he rolled onto his back and she scratched his belly.

“Aww, so cute,” Twilight said before heading out of the kitchen, Spike following closely.

“Oook, now that that is solved let’s fix this, maybe Zecora knows how?” Twilight said before hearing a thumping noise.

“Huh?” Twilight looked at a window and jumped a little when she saw Derpy running into a window repeatedly before flying off.

“Ooook?” Twilight was a little freaked out and she approached the window and looked out… her jaw dropped when she saw something weird going on throughout the town.

“Wh-what the?” Twilight said seeing ponies running around acting crazy, she gradually made her way to the door with Spike following behind her whimpering for more gemstones.

“Hang on Spike,” Twilight said before peeking out the window and seeing individual bits of madness going on.

A blue stallion was running in circles while hooting.

Mr Cake was covered in whipped cream and bouncing around like Pinkie Pie.

A pony was just sitting on the ground staring at a wall and laughing as if he was just watching a television.

Carrot Top was half buried in the ground and painted orange, like a carrot and Lyra was watering her.

The CMC were drawing on each other, covering each other in cutie marks and laughing as they did it.

And so much more…

“What in the world is going on?!” Twilight asked leaving the castle with Spike at her side.

She saw a pony trotting by looking normal so she approached him hoping he wasn’t consumed by this hair-brained madness.

“Excused me sir!” Twilight called and he turned to see her “Please tell me what’s happening to everypony-”

“Wonk t’nod I,” He spoke in reverse and trotted off.

“Alright… um… Mayor Mare!” Twilight spotted the Mayor… giving a speech to a row of chairs… with pickles on them…

“And I said ‘dill with it’!” She laughed.

“...Uhm… Seriously, what is happening?” Twilight asked seeing ponies walking backwards, rolling on the ground and running into things.

“Alright, Spike, we need to send a message to-” Twilight paused when she saw Spike peeing on a wall with a raised leg and then walking on all fours back to her “Change of plans, assemble the girls,” Twilight said running off with Spike in tow.


Twilight ran past several ponies doing more crazy things, intending to find Applejack at the farm.

She made it about to the edge of the property to only see a warzone and sandbags everywhere.

“Huh?” Twilight said before a pair of legs grabbed her and Spike and pulled them behind some sandbags.

“Shhh! They’ll hear ya!” Applejack whispered.

“Huh? Apple-AH!” Twilight said Applejack's eyes were bloodshot and she was shaking “Applejack… What happened to you?” Twilight asked.

“Ah didn’t sleep a wink, not while they are out there,” Applejack said peeking over the sandbags.

“Who?” Twilight asked.

“They ain’t moving even now… but ah won’t crack! AH WON’T, HAHAHA!” Applejack laughed suddenly and Twilight backed up a little.

“Who? Applejack what is wrong with you?” Twilight asked.

“They came out of nowhere! Want to invade the barn, but ah won’t let them, those orange invaders will not put the wool over this farm pony, nonono… ah’ll wait till they drop their guard, THEN BUCK ‘EM TO THA MOON!” Applejack whinnied.

“....Uhm… what?” Twilight peeked over the sandbags and saw…. A pile of oranges “Applejack, don’t tell me your going to war with oranges?” Twilight asked with a deadpan.

“Course ah am! They wanna take the business, take over the acres and grow orange trees instead of apples, ah won’t let them, ahahahaha!” Applejack giggled and peeked over the sandbags “Ya hear, ah’m watchin ya!” Applejack shouted.

“Oooooook…. Going to leave now, enjoy your war with produce,” Twilight said backing away with Spike scratching his ear with his hind foot before he followed Twilight.


“There has to be a single sane pony in Ponyville!” Twilight said looking around and spotting something yellow clinging to a wall.

“Fluttershy!” Twilight ran over to her and saw her scaling the wall and flicking her tongue.

“Fluttershy?” Twilight asked and immediately she jumped off of the wall and began hopping around and she gave a ribbit.

“She thinks she’s a frog?” Twilight asked and then Fluttershy suddenly stiffened and she began eating grass and she gave a moo.

“...And now she thinks she’s a cow?” Twilight said as Fluttershy wandered around eating grass before she stiffened and flew onto a lightpole and began tweeting.

“And now a bird… I can see where this is going, she thinks she’s different animals every minute… this could be dangerous, especially if she thinks she’s-’ Twilight was cut off as Fluttershy dropped to the ground and began growling at Twilight.

“Uh…” Twilight backed away as Spike growled at Shy who howled.

“A wolf, not good,” Twilight picked a barking Spike up in her magic and ran for it while Fluttershy chased them.

She galloped over to the Boutique and entered before slamming the door and Fluttershy clawed at the door barking.

“Whew…. I think we’re safe,” Twilight sighed before a thrown needle hit the wall next to her head.

“AH!” Twilight looked to see Rarity having sown a scarf at least twenty-five feet long and she looked at Twilight with a baleful glare.

“GET OUT! The queen of Manehatten simply must have a one-hundred-foot scarf by Tuesday!” Rarity shouted before resuming her sowing.

“Sorry!” Twilight said before looking out the door for Fluttershy and not seeing her anymore.

“I SAID LEAVE, you’ll throw off my rhythm you hooligans!” Rarity said.

“Ok ok!” Twilight left the Boutique with Spike and saw Fluttershy flopping on the ground.

“Ok, she thinks she’s a fish now, let’s leave before she turns into something else dangerous,” Twilight said before taking her leave.

She didn’t get five steps before an anvil landed in front of her.

“AAAH!” Twilight yelped and looked up to see Rainbow throwing random objects off of clouds.

“Rainbow!” Twilight shouted as she saw her throw a rock off the cloud.

“Heads up egghead! We got weird weather!” Rainbow laughed before chucking a radio off and Twilight was forced to dodge and run around several heavy objects.

She wound up running into Sugarcube Corner and saw Pinkie huddled in a corner.

“Pinkie? Please tell me you're not affected by this madness too,” Twilight begged as Spike growled at her.

“Heehee…. Hi Twiley… wanna party?” Pinkie said turning towards Twilight and Twilight yelped seeing she was covered in chocolate and was holding a knife.

“Not good!” Twilight ran back outside dodging more heavy objects and made her way back into the castle in a sprint with Spike behind her.

“ARF ARF!” Spike yelped seeing Pinkie behind them.

“Come on Twilight, just one cut? I need to make some cupcakes!” Pinkie called.

“Nope!” Twilight took off into the air with Spike in her magical aura carrying him along.

“ARF ARF ARF!” Spike barked at Pinkie who waved the knife at the two ruefully.

Twilight panted as she made her way over to the nearest safe spot she could think of and she hid with Spike still barking.

“Spike shut up!” Twilight said firmly, worried that the crazed Pinkie would find them, when they waited for a while and nothing happened Twilight relaxed.

“Ok… so… Ponyville has gone off the rails, my friends are insane, and Spike thinks he’s a dog so I can’t call for help… great…” Twilight said before looking around and flying into the air and looking to see Fluttershy’s cottage.

“Ok, we can hide out there,” Twilight said before picking Spike up and flying over there.

As Twilight landed she cautiously moved forward and opened the door “H-hello?” Twilight asked as she looked around and saw the cottage was still normal “Whew, alright,” Twilight entered with Spike who ran over to a doggy bed and laid down and Twilight went over to the nearby couch and threw herself onto it.

“Whew… what a day…” Twilight said.

“Tell me about it,” Discord said.

“AAAAHHH!” Twilight yelped seeing Discord there suddenly and she could see he was grayed out a little and looking a little sick.

“Discord? Don’t tell me your-” Twilight asked but he shook his head.

“I’m not loco like the other ponies…. Just sick,” Discord said.

“What do you mean?” Twilight said, simply glad she found a… semi-sane person.

“Ponyville is in danger Twilight, we need to find Zecora, she’s uninfected,” Discord said.

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“She can fix this…” Discord wheezed.

“What’s wrong with you?” Twilight asked.

“Apparently I’m allergic to Pinkie’s ‘special ingredient’ and now I’m depowered and sick,” Discord said.

“Special ingredient?” Twilight asked.

“I’m not sure, she didn’t tell me,” Discord said.

“Alright, can you move?” Twilight asked.

“No, go on, I need to hold down the fort,” Discord said.

“Ok,” Twilight said and she got up “Can you watch Spike?” Twilight asked.

“Sure,” Discord said.

“Thanks, I’ll be back,” Twilight ran off while Spike was sniffing his own butt.

“Heh…. I won’t let him forget this,” Discord said seeing Spike still acting like a dog.

Author's Note:

Can Twilight find out the problem? What's causing this? What is this secret ingredient?