• Published 19th Feb 2024
  • 240 Views, 7 Comments

Pen Stroke's Scattered Pages - Pen Stroke



5 contributions to the Ponyville Ciderfest 2023 Storytelling Adventure App

  • ...
0
 7
 240

#NightmareRemains - Villain Ending

As crazy as it sounds, when you read the newspapers about the defeat of Nightmare Moon, you almost felt bad. Maybe daylight and sunshine had never really been your thing, or maybe you just appreciate the endless expanse of stars on a nice dark night. Or maybe you are just tired of the rule of Princess Celestia, and feel a little rebellious shake up in the ruling class of Equestria is overdue.

No matter what, those feelings flow into the page, and the shadow begins to laugh. A muted chuckle at first, but it evolves quickly into a truly villainous cackle. You feel someone grab you, and looking back you can see it’s Caramel Malt. Her adventurousness and courage has run out, and you could tell by her expression that all she wants to do is run away. You pull yourself away from her, feeling within yourself the desire to remain.

Another cackle from the shadow is enough to force Caramel to act on her fears and flee, and when you look back, you see the shadow solidify. An alicorn mare as black as the darkest night looks down upon you, a mane of stars swirling as a sharp, toothy grin lingers on her face.

“You have chosen wisely, and in time your sensibility shall be rewarded,” Nightmare Moon says as she takes the page and holds it in her magic. “But for now, I must gather my strength. But just remember to look to the night and be prepared… for soon it shall be eternal.”

At that Nightmare Moon vanishes from your sight. She turns to a dark cloud and flees from the castle through a gap in the ceiling, taking the page with her. You have just given the villain a second chance at her ambitions, and only time will tell what will result.