• Published 19th Feb 2024
  • 244 Views, 7 Comments

Pen Stroke's Scattered Pages - Pen Stroke



5 contributions to the Ponyville Ciderfest 2023 Storytelling Adventure App

  • ...
0
 7
 244

#MotherKnowsBest - Villain Ending

You can’t deny it's a bit manipulative, but you also feel like Pipp Petals just wasn’t suitable for the crown. Zipp was obviously the best choice. She just needed to have a reason to want to be queen. So you advise Queen Haven that perhaps that was the best way to use the page. To give Zipp the inspiration she needed to want to be queen. To help her find her motivation.

After all, Queen Haven of Zephyr Heights would surely know what was best for her family and her kingdom.

“You’re right… It's really my responsibility. Just like it’s Zipp’s responsibility. She can’t run away from it, but… I don’t want her to be miserable either. So… changing something so she’s not miserable… that’s a motherly thing to do. Mother and Queen does know best.”

You nod your head in agreement and reassure Queen Haven as she tucks the page back beneath her wing. You’re unsure how the queen will change Zipp. Perhaps have her gain an interest in the nuances of politics, or simply have her start enjoying the public eye a bit more.

But either way, you’d imagine you’d soon be hearing about Zipp a bit more in the news as her path in life is gently course-corrected to ensure its destination was the throne of Zephyr Heights. And surely gently modifying someone's feelings and emotions couldn’t result in Zipp becoming some tyrant… or that Queen Haven wouldn’t get drunk with the power and start using the page to change other things.

No, surely that wouldn’t happen, but even if it did… maybe it would be okay. After all, mother knows best.