• Published 6th Oct 2012
  • 1,673 Views, 42 Comments

Star-crossed - WhovianPony



When Discord finally tramples Celestia's last nerve, she decides she's had enough and banishes him to Earth without his chaos power. But when he falls in love with a human, Equestria will never be the same again.

  • ...
9
 42
 1,673

Chapter 7

Previously, on Star-Crossed:

~ "I am Princess Celestia. I'm here to take Discord back where he belongs."

"I told you, I'm not going!"

~"You mean, you're my mom? My real, actual mom? I have one?"

"Technically yes,"

~"I have to Katie. The simple fact of the matter, dear, is that i'm the only one who can."


~"To be honest, I wasn't sure I'd see those eyes of yours again."


~ "Somepony needs a party! With an overly-complicated title! YAY!"


Pinkie Pie was ecstatic, not long after her Pinkie Sense kicked in, she had been sent a letter from Discord requesting a huge party in Canterlot. It didn't take long for our favorite pink party pony to get hard at work putting plans together. Pinkie was carefully choosing ribbons and balloons and cake flavors from her huge book of ideas. A party canon only did you any good if you knew what you wanted to load it with, and every Pinkie Pie brand party was as unique as the ponies you threw it for, so you had to get it just right. Everything was going great so far, in little less than an hour she had just about everything ready, but she was going to need help making the cakes. Mr. and Mrs. Cake were away on vacation with the twins, so they wouldn't be able to help with this one. Instead Pinkie decided to ask her friends over. After all, six heads are better than one!

It wasn't long before all six of the mares in question were sitting around a large table in the back room at Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie was glad to see that they were excited about what she was going to tell them. They all wore huge smiles and waited for what pinkie had to say, all except for one. Twilight Sparkle wiggled in her chair uncomfortably, she was constantly looking around and she was nervously tapping her hooves on the floor. This behavior did not go unnoticed by Pinkie Pie.

"What's wrong Twilight?" She asked "You looked sicker than I did after those baked bads!"

"Do I? I didn't notice." Twilight shot a glare out the window, fearfully.

"Yeah, yeh kinda do, Twilight. Ah reckon something's buggin' yeh." Applejack said.

"Oh it's nothing." Twilight stammered, "Nothing worth worrying about."

"Twilight darling, we can tell when somethings wrong. We're your friends! You know that whatever the problem is you can always trust us." Rarity chided.

"Well, like I said, it's nothing. I just got a letter from the princess, it has me a little on edge I edge, I guess." Twilight admitted.

"A letter from the princess! Is she in trouble? Who's responsible? I'll show him a thing or two!" Growled Rainbow Dash.

"No, she's not in trouble, but Equestria might be."

"What happened?" Fluttershy whimpered, barley audible even in the quiet room.

"Well... you see...something happened and...Discord's back." The room was silent for a few moment's until Pinkie bursted into a fit of laughter.

"I mean it!" Twilight scolded, "That's really what the letter said!"

"Oh Twilight, I don't doubt that it did say that! I'm laughing because I already know, silly-filly! I called you guys over to help me make a huge cake for his 'Welcome Back!' party!" Pinkie giggled.

The jaws of everypony in the room dropped simultaneously. "You mean to tell me, that you went and gathered all us ponies here, to plan a party fer Discord?" Applejack gasped.

"Well duh! Who else would need a cake so big and complicated?" Pinkie asked, pointing to the blackboard behind her that had a blueprint for a massive cake on it.

"I guess I figgerd that you were making it fer one of them uppity Canterlot parties. Like with Princess Cadence's wedding." Applejack answered.

"Well it is in Canterlot, he wants to hold it in the ballroom!"

"You aren't at all concerned that he even escaped in the first place?" Twilight asked.

"Nope!" Pinkie grinned.

Her five friends all looked at each other and then back at Pinkie. Rainbow rolled her eyes, "Pinkie Pie will be Pinkie Pie." she said. "Were all here now though, so how can we help?"

Rarity blanched at Rainbow Dash in horror, "Rainbow my dear, you can't honestly be considering helping with a party for HIM! After what that brute did?"

"Sure I am! I'd be a foal to turn down a Pinkie Pie party! Even if it's for someone I don't really like, it's sure to be a great time!"

"Yeah!" Pinkie chirped, "And he's even bringing his new marefriend!"

"Marefriend?!" All the other ponies said at once.

"How ever did that ruffian end up with a marefriend?" Rarity said.

"Even worse! What poor mare got stuck with Discord?" Rainbow Dash added.

"The thought of anypony being able to spend time around him voluntarily, is laughable." Twilight growled. "Even more so in a romantic setting."

"Well I think it's sweet!" Fluttershy had been quiet for most of the conversation, as usual, but decided to speak up now. "Oh I'm sorry....was that too loud...I think it was....But, anyway, I think it's great that he found somepony to care about that cares about him back. You really shouldn't be so mean!" The shy pegasus, having said her piece, went back to sitting quietly in her chair.

" Ah recon yer probably right, Fluttershy. Just 'cause he ain't mah cup a tea, doesn't mean I should judge the ponies who do like him fer what he is.", Applejack said.

"Well now that that's settled, let's get started on this cake!" Pinkie continued as if nothing happened, and started pointing to all the different parts of her cake idea and with the help of Twilight's expert organizational skills, the elaborate cake was soon underway.


A guest suite in Canterlot Castle.

"Honestly Katie, I have no idea how i'm going to survive." Discord moaned.

He had managed to get through an entire day without causing any trouble. The feat was more difficult than you would have thought. Discord was freshly regenerated and brimming with chaos magic just itching to be used, but he wouldn't risk Celestia's rage by causing a disturbance. Not this early in the game, anyway. He threw himself in the air backwards and a red sofa materialized out of thin air in the exact right place to catch him. "I am most assuredly ruined!"

"Oh, don't be so dramatic." Katie replied.

"I mean it! If I don't find SOMETHING to do, my head will explode." He laughed.

"That doesn't sound good. You would miss the party for sure. And Celestia was so nice as to let us use her ballroom." Katie frowned.

"I think that would be the least of my problems if I didn't have a head...but you're right, it would be a shame to miss out on a Pinkie Pie party. You haven't lived until you've been to one."

"Oh really?" Katie grinned. "They're that good?"

"Oh definitely, I can tell you from experience. I came into existence thousands of years before she was even a gleam in her mother's eyes. I was never actually invited to one personally, but I turned up once or twice anyway. You know, incognito."

They both laughed. Katrina was about to say something else, but at that moment the door opened and a small white unicorn came in. She didn't look at either Discord or Katie, but rather, her gaze remained focused on her hooves. "Pardon me for interrupting, but I was sent to collect a Miss Katrina from this room. Princess Luna would like to talk to you. And Discord, a miss Pinkie Pie is waiting for you down in the ballroom." She said.

"Oh, of course." Katie said. She furrowed her brows playfully, "The party planner want's to talk with you, Discord. I'll be right down when I'm done with Luna."

Discord raised an eyebrow at her. "You doubt my ability to stay out of trouble by myself?"

"Yes." Katie said flatly.

"Ouch. I'll be fine Katie, I promise I will do my best not to cause a big riot."

Katie laughed, "Or a little riot either!"

"That too."

Katie followed the unicorn out the door and through the many hallways to Luna's bedroom. The unicorn tapped on the door, the door handle glowed dark blue and it opened to admit them into the room.

"Thank you very much, Ivory Heart. You have been working hard, you can take the rest of the weekend off. You are more than welcome to attend the party later, if you wish. It seems that the host's party planner saw fit to invite the whole of equestria."

The white unicorn nodded and left the princess' chambers. Luna trotted over to Katie and gave her a big hug.

"And how are you doing dear? I hope everything is going well with you so far."

"Yes, thank you so much for letting us use that suite. I'm sure Celestia wasn't happy about that."

"My sister....is just being difficult. I'm sure she doesn't mean any harm. How are things going between you and Discord?"

"He's feeling antsy, being cooped up in a secluded suite and told not to cause trouble doesn't really work for him."

"This doesn't surprise me. I have something that might help, but it's a surprise for later. After Discord has his celebration."

Katie smiled, "Apparently, according to him, I haven't lived until I've been to a Pinkie Pie party."

"I can't disagree with that one. It's very easy to see why that mare has three balloons as a cutie mark." Luna looked Katrina up and down. "Hmm..." She said.

"What?"

"You need some party clothes."

"I do?"

Luna smiled. "But of course! This is your very first impression on Equestria! Even being a princess, I do not dress up all that often. However, for special occasions, I like to have fun and dress up. We don't have anything that would fit a human though..."

"Well I was actually thinking I might go as a pony. It would be so awesome to be a pegasus!"

"If you want to do that, I see no reason why not, that's between you and Discord. It would be easier to find something to fit you."

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Besides, if I can deal with him being a draconequus, I'm sure my showing up to the party as a pegasus for one night shouldn't be a problem, right?"

"As you wish." Luna said. She heard a knock on the door and called for them to come in. Two unicorns and an earth pony came in.

"Oh excellent, I was just about to call." Luna said. "My special guest and I will need total makeovers for tonight's party. and I will need a full wardrobe of pegasus dresses brought up a while before the party starts."

While the earth pony left to go and get the clothes, the two unicorns brought a cart in from the hallway. The cart was covered in hair supplies and makeup.

"Uhh, Luna.." Katie groaned, "I'm not sure about this..."

"What's wrong?"

"I have never had a makeover, or had someone brush my hair, or anything like that."

"There is a first time for everything, Katie. If you are going as a pegasus, now would be the right time to change shape though." Luna suggested. Katie, after a bit of concentration was able to perfectly picture a pegasus in her mind. A brief flash later, she was changed. She had a darkened blue coat, similar to her mothers but a bit lighter, and a silvery-white mane and tail. Her eyes were sapphire blue as usual. Upon further examination she found that she already had her cutie mark, it was a wolf's paw print. The two unicorn stylists stared but they quickly overcame their surprise and went about arranging the various brushes and other styling tools on the cart. Luna sat on a cushion facing a vanity mirror and patted another cushion next to her until Katie went and sat on it.

"You make a very pretty mare." Luna laughed. "Your colt-friend is going to be in for some surprise!"

"Well, I'm a pegasus, I am getting a full makeover, and i'm going to be wearing a dress, I think he will be a little surprised."

They both giggled, which irritated the unicorns trying to run brushes through their manes. When Luna said a full makeover, she meant it. One shampoo, brushing, and styling later, the unicorns started on makeup. They didn't use much, just the perfect amount to bring out the eyes and add a tiny bit of shimmer. After that, Luna showed Katie a long line of dresses, there were so many of them that by the time that Luna decided that she found the perfect one for Katrina, the party was just about ready to start and guests were arriving. Luna took a step back with the stylists and all three of them nodded their approval.

"You look beautiful." Said one of the unicorns, "I'm jealous of that colt-friend of yours!" He added.

"You really do, dear." Luna said. "Discord is going to, how does the saying go? Have a cow. When he sees you."

Katie smiled and looked at herself in the mirror. This was going to be great!