• Published 6th Oct 2012
  • 1,673 Views, 42 Comments

Star-crossed - WhovianPony



When Discord finally tramples Celestia's last nerve, she decides she's had enough and banishes him to Earth without his chaos power. But when he falls in love with a human, Equestria will never be the same again.

  • ...
9
 42
 1,673

Chapter 14

Ponyville Library

"For Celestia's sake, Spike! Where's my book on mysterious magical maladies?", Twilight huffed angrily. It was only after a moment of silence that she realized she was yelling at an empty room. Spike, of course, was absent that day having agreed to spend the day helping Rarity. Owlowiscious swooped in to view with the book that Twilight desired. She smiled and ruffled his feathers fondly before taking the book and magically flipping through the pages. "It's a good thing YOU'RE still on my side. Spike's been rather touchy recently."

Twilight sighed as she settled into her favorite nook in the library and commenced studying. She hadn't gotten very far though, before the front bell rang. Owlowiscious hooted once and swooped down the stairs to greet the midnight-blue pegasus that had entered.

"Hey there, Owlowiscious! I'm guessing Twilight isn't interested in talking to me yet?" The mare asked.

"Whoo!"

"Yeah, I didn't think so. I really wish I knew why she hated me so much. Is it something I said perhaps?"

"Whoo!"

"Well I hope you're right about that, Owlowiscious. In the mean time, can you help me find a book about Commander Hurricane for an essay my daughter is writing?" She asked as she patted him on the head. The owl flew off excitedly in search of his newest quarry.

"It's not that I hate you, exactly." Twilight growled from above, "It's that you don't make any sense!" Twilight huffed and threw her book down on the bed beside her. "You're just some random human from a galaxy far, far, away who just shows up in the middle of the night arm in arm with the most powerful villain in Equestria. You can be what ever you want, you live in a castle above the Everfree forest, and oh! By the way! You're a construct created 1000 years ago by Princess Luna and Nightmare Moon! You're impossible! You shouldn't exist!"

"But I do exist, Twilight. And I have no intentions of changing that anytime soon. I just want to be your friend. I want you to feel that you can trust me."

Twilight stared daggers at the pony impostor that stood in the foyer of her library. "And why should I? For all I know, you have us all fooled. For all I know, you're working for...for HIM! With the intention of helping him steal the throne!"

"I promise you, Twilight that isn't the case. Besides, Discord has really changed, he doesn't want to cause you or anypony else in Equestria any harm. Do you think that Mother would have let us adopt a filly had this not been the case?" Katie said sadly. She fit in well with most of the ponies but there were a few, like Twilight, who were so loyal to the princesses that they couldn't get past seeing her as a threat. Owlowiscious flew in with a book and Twilight's piercing gaze momentarily moved away from Katie. Twilight magically took the book from him and shoved it at Katie.

"You. Don't. Belong. Here." Twilight growled and she blinked back upstairs to her reading nook.

Katie sighed and left the library. The door magically slammed behind her just in time for her tail to clear the door frame.

"Wow, somepony woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

Katie turned to see Discord behind her. She was used to him trying to surprise ponies by now. After all, he was still Discord, and chaos is what Discord does best. Though she had to give him credit, he was trying his hardest not to go overboard.

"Yeah, she did." Katie sighed, "I keep hoping she'll come around but apparently 'I don't belong here."

Discord did nothing but his inner chaos rolled it's eyes. What a whiner. it said. Discord told himself to shut up and turned his attention back to Katie.

"Well, you know that i'm being honest with you when I say that I know how you feel about that. I've only been hearing it for the past 3000 years or so. More or less. I lost count really." Discord rolled over in the air thoughtfully. "If it makes you feel any better, after a few hundred years it begins to lose it's sting. And she's just one little unicorn anyway, the others love you!"

Rather than looking at him, Katie turned her attention towards the ground. She hadn't put much thought into the whole "immortality" thing. She was born that way but up until the last couple of months, she hadn't even noticed the time pass because of a memory spell. Now that she knew who she was, and more importantly what she was, the memory spell was gone and she didn't quite know what to do with herself half the time. The Everfree pretty much took care of itself, the ponies around town needed help with things now and then but it was never enough to keep her occupied for long. She only really felt happy when she and Discord were doing something together. Katie was pulled out of her train of thought when she felt a paw rest on her shoulder.

"Hey, no worries Katie. There's still plenty of time for her to get over herself and apologize for how rude she's been.", he said reassuringly.

"But what if she doesn't?"

"Than it's her own fault, and her own loss. Now, I feel like some cupcakes, don't you?"

"Not really."

Discord gasped in mock surprise, "That's a lie and you know it. Everypony always feels like cupcakes." Discord grabbed the book and flew off in the direction of Sugarcube corner.

"Hey! What gives!" She laughed.

"If you want your book back, you're going to have to come and get it!"

Katie's face light up with a grin. "And uh... What If I don't feel like it?"

"Then I'll just have to eat it, since it's obvious I won't be getting cupcakes. I will, by the way. Just ask Twilight, she'll tell you. If you ever want to know how to get that mare mad at you, eat a few library books. Works like a charm!"

Katie ruffled her feathers in mock annoyance, but she followed him to the bakery anyway. In truth, she didn't doubt in the slightest that Discord would do something as ridiculous as eating a library book.


Sorry I took so long to update, and also for the relative shortness of the chapter. Life happened and time got away from me. -_-

I'll try to be more consistent in the future, but between family crises, computer issues. and mountains of schoolwork, I'd rather not make any guarantees.

Hey! Cheer up! I'm sure the next chapter will go a lot better!

How do you figure?

Because It'll have me in it, silly filly!