• Published 6th Oct 2012
  • 1,673 Views, 42 Comments

Star-crossed - WhovianPony



When Discord finally tramples Celestia's last nerve, she decides she's had enough and banishes him to Earth without his chaos power. But when he falls in love with a human, Equestria will never be the same again.

  • ...
9
 42
 1,673

Chapter 6

Be aware... I'm bringing the feels. Consider yourself warned...


Once again, for the second time that week, the night was perfectly still. The crickets didn't chirp, the cicadas didn't hum, not a single noise came from the forest. They knew something was happening. Only two happy souls didn't have a clue and they were both fast asleep in their cabin. Near the cabin, a light flashed on. The light grew and changed until it took the form of a large ring. From the ring stepped two large creatures, they had graceful wings on their backs and elegant horns atop their heads. They sharply contrasted with the muted greens and browns of the darkened forest.

"Honestly, while he had any magic left at all, I didn't think that Discord would be caught dead in a rotted out old cabin like that." Said the sun princess.

"There is something to be said for staying low-key.", reasoned her sister.

"Perhaps. Lets hurry up and get him back already. The sooner we get back to Equestria, the sooner we can forget all about this. You stay here, I'll go get him."

"You do not wish for me to accompany you?"

Celestia looked down at her sister sternly." I need you out here. We don't both need to go in after him, and with you out here you can make sure that no humans or animals try to get through the portal."

Luna sat down in the grass with a frown on her face. "Yes, your highness. Whatever you want, it is not like I wanted to come anyway." she muttered sarcastically.

Celestia ignored her tone and walked into the house. It didn't take long for her to find the draconequus in question. He was curled up on a sofa with who must be that Katrina girl cuddled up to him. She carefully used her magic to levitate the girl onto the floor so as not to wake her, and went to wake up Discord.

"Get up." she whispered.

Discord slowly opened his eyes, looked at Celestia and frowned. "To be honest, I expected you to be at least another hundred years."

"Plans change, now lets go."

"Honestly, I don't really feel like leaving."

"Don't be ridiculous."

"Wait..What did you do with Katrina? I swear if you did something to her i'll-"

"Save it Discord, she's safe." Celestia glanced into the corner she had set the girl and then back at Discord. "Now come on, we don't have all night and I can't hold the portal forever, even with Luna's help."

"I'm not going, Celestia."

Celestia scowled at him, "What do you mean, your not going?"

"Plans change.", Discord got up off the couch and went to check on Katie.

"I don't think so." The princess used her magic to put a cage over her.

"What did you do that for?" Discord yelled. At the sound of his voice, Katie woke with a start.

"Discord, what's going on?" She looked and spotted Celestia, who admittedly was rather hard to miss. "Who are you?" She tried to stand, but instead she hit her head on the roof of the cage. "Also I appear to be in a cage. Could someone tell me what the heck is going on?"

"I am Princess Celestia. I'm here to take Discord back where he belongs."

"I told you, I'm not going!", Discord repeated. Celestia didn't understand why he was acting this way. Was it because he was a human now? Because his inner chaos was no longer affecting him? He obviously wasn't in his proper state of mind, not that he ever was in the first place.

"For what reason could you possibly want to stay? I'll admit that i'm confused, Discord. You are powerless here, you can never cause you precious chaos again, in time you will not even be immortal anymore, and yet you want to stay?"

"I want to stay because of her!" Discord pointed at the corner where Katie was. "I want to stay because I love her and there's no way I'm going to abandon her. I finally found something to care about that isn't causing trouble. It only took me a hundred thousand years or so."

Katrina was touched, Discord was standing up for her now. She could tell that the pony wasn't going to take no for an answer, though, and something about the fact that she had wings and a horn; something about her name made her very uncomfortable. Sure enough, she could feel another bout of headaches coming on. Katrina decided that it had gone on long enough. Unfortunately the cage had a nasty surprise for her, as long as she was inside of it, she couldn't change to different animals, she was powerless. Celestia used her magic to grab Discord so that he couldn't get away.

"Leave him alone! He doesn't want to go!"

"Hush! He is obviously just not thinking straight."

"Why should I? I wouldn't just come barging into your house in the middle of the night and put you in a cage!"

"Silence!"

"Leave him be!" Katrina yelled she beat he fists against the bars even though she knew it was useless.

"YOU. WILL. BE. SILENT." The Royal Canterlot voice rang through the house. I have more important things to deal with than one whiny human. Katrina was stunned. The Royal Canterlot voice, when used by Celestia, had a similar effect to Fluttershy's stare. Celestia turned and made for the door, Discord in tow. Discord struggled to hear himself think over the ringing in his ears.

"Katie! I'll come back! I'll find a way."

"No. You won't." Celestia said.

"You bet your pointy golden shoes I will! Once I get my chaos back I can go back and forth easy."

"After we cross through the portal, my sister will check in with the girl and upon her return I will break the connection between the planets."

"Why?!"

"Because you've already caused enough damage, simply by being here in the first place. I should never have sent you, and I won't send any Equestrian ever again. You just be glad I am even giving your chaos back at all and not putting you in a cell for the rest of your life."

Discord continued to try and break free, but being a human, he was powerless against Celestia's strong magic. Celestia spoke to her younger sibling now.

"Go and do what you feel is necessary with the girl, I couldn't care less."

"Yes, sister."

"I had to cage her, but the spell will break as soon as I step to the other side of the portal. Be aware, she's in a violent mood."

"You caged her? I thought we were of the understanding that she was not to be harmed?"

"She isn't harmed, just detained."

Celestia walked through the portal and it began to close behind her. Luna was more than capable of getting back on her own power so there was no need to hold it open. Luna knew as soon as the cage was broken. There was a loud crash from inside the house and the fierce roar of an enraged tiger. Katrina, for of course it was she, barreled out of the front door to the portal, but she was too late. By the time she got there it was much too small to fit through and a second later it was gone. The tiger roared and thundered making her frustration known to all that still lingered nearby.

"Katrina?"

The tiger turned to Luna, pain and anger mirrored in it's blue eyes.

"Katrina, it's okay. We had to bring him back home, he does not belong here."

The tiger flashed and she was a human again. "And that makes it all better!" she cried, "The first time I've been happy for a century and I'm not supposed to care when the reason for my happiness is ripped away from me in the middle of the night!"

"Katrina, I am only trying to help you feel better."

"WELL DON'T! I should think you've done enough!"

"But,"

"And how do you know my name? I never told you, I've never even met you. How do you know who I am?" She screamed. Luna looked hurt, it was painful for her to see Katie in such distress.

"You have met me, you just don't remember." Luna made an attempt at hugging Katrina, but the girl just shoved her away.

"Don't touch me! Just leave me alone." Katrina ran into the house.

"Katrina, wait!" Luna yelled. But she didn't stop, she ran into the house and up the stairs. She ran down the long hallway of bedrooms until she got to the closed door of her own. Her head pounded and she could hear her blood rushing in her ears. She reached for the handle and turned it. It's not like I have anything to lose. She thought. There's something I need to remember and I have a feeling that the answer is here. The door opened to reveal a small child's room. Memories swarmed in her mind as she struggled to process the forgotten information. The entire room was covered in drawings. Everything, the walls, the bookshelves, the floor, everything was covered in pieces of paper. She remembered now. They were pictures of dreams. Her dreams.

She still didn't remember doing them, but each picture she looked at made sense in her mind, somehow. She picked up an entire stack of pictures and looked through them. There were maps of stars and constellations she had never heard of. There were pictures of a gleaming city built on the side of a mountain and another built on a cloud. How was that even possible? She saw pictures of crowds of ponies gathered around a stage and pictures of strange creatures with horns on their heads playing instruments by magic. The next picture was the one that struck her the most. It was a perfect sketch of the night blue alicorn that she talked to outside. She was sitting on what appeared to be the moon next to a large white wolf with blue eyes. I...I'm on the moon. With a horse.... She and the alicorn starred in many drawings together, chasing each other around, playing games....looking at the stars. The pain in her head subsided as she kept looking through the pictures. Somehow, looking at them made her sad, yet they made her happy too.

It was at this point that Luna found her. She walked into the room and sat down next to Katrina. Katrina flinched when Luna laid a hoof on her shoulder but made no attempt to remove it.

"You really are a great artist." She said.

"I barely even remember doing them. Story of my life, I suppose." Katrina sighed. "I drew them about things I dreamed of. Everyone thought I was crazy when I thought they were real. Even my little brother stopped believing me eventually. Even I had started to believe that they were only children's fantasies."

"They were wrong. That world, full of ponies, unicorns, and pegasi, is real. You were born there. Well, sort of. To be more accurate, you came into existence on the Equestrian moon."

"H-how do you know so much about me?"

"You remember all those times you talked to the moon? You never knew exactly why you did it but you did anyway. I listened to you every time. I heard what you said about Discord and jumped to conclusions before I knew fully what was going on, and I'm very, very, sorry for that. The Discord I knew did not care much about the well being of anypony but himself; he was mostly concerned with pulling pranks and messing with the weather. But he did not care about whether his actions were hurtful to ponies. In my mind, I knew that the Discord he used to be would not have any problems with putting a spell on you, if it meant he had a cover story. I did not think it was possible that he had changed, much less that he could actually fall in love with somepony. Much less a human, of course he is a human at the moment. Perhaps my sister did a better job of changing him than I thought. Regardless, I was not thinking." Luna took a chance and gave Katrina a hug. The girl was too confused and hurt to protest this time.

"I know your name, and your past, because I'm the one that made you in the first place. I did something in the past that was wrong and caused my sister to banish me to the moon for a thousand years. I was so lonely up there, with only myself for company, that I felt I would go insane without a companion, more insane than I already was. So, I made you; expertly crafted from stardust and magic. When it was time for me to bust out, it became apparent that I could not keep you with me. Equestria wasn't ready to accept that humans are real. The effect of bringing you with me would be similar to that of a unicorn or pegasus suddenly appearing in your version of New York. So, I sent you to Earth with the other humans, hoping you would be safe there, and blocked your memories of me, Equestria, and the moon. I knew that if you remembered me, or Equestria, then you would always be looking for me and you wouldn't have even a little chance of being happy here. I have missed you so much, even after all these years I still think of you as my own little filly."

"You mean, you're my mom? My real, actual mom? I have one?" Katrina asked.

"Technically yes, but- OOF" This time, Katrina hugged Luna and tears welled in both of their eyes. "It's alright now, I won't give you up again. I'm sorry I hurt you, Katrina, but I intend to set it right."

"How?"

"I am afraid it is not possible to bring Discord back to Earth. The truth is, Equestria needs him just as much as it needs my sister and I. However, I am still responsible for half the law and order in Equestria, and I do not know of any law preventing me from bringing you back with me."

Katrina smiled,"You can do that?"

"Of course I can do that! Am I a princess or not? I'll make a portal and we'll be back in Equestria in no time at all." Luna created a portal out of thin air. Katrina felt a warm breeze blow through it from the world beyond.

Luna stepped through the portal first, and after only a moments hesitation, Katrina followed. The fresh smell of crisp apples and spring flowers invaded her mind.They came out of the portal in front of a huge castle. It was surrounded by beautifully sculpted hedges, and the perfectly white walls were decorated with brilliant gold that glinted and shimmered in the sunlight. There were ponies everywhere, all kinds; most were too busy with their day to notice the sudden appearance of the princess and her companion, but the few who did stopped and stared. They had never seen a creature like Katrina before.

Luna led Katie through the castle to a stairway. The stairway led to an underground dungeon that was built underneath the castle. They walked down a couple of rows of holding cells until they came to the one with Discord in it. He was sitting on the bench staring at the stone wall at the back of the cell as if willing it to open up and swallow him; no such luck apparently.

"Go away!" He said, "I'm not interested in talking to you anymore."

"Are you sure?" Katrina asked.



A little bit earlier...

Celestia's portal deposited them directly underneath the castle in the underground dungeons. "I won't keep you in here long. Only until my sister returns." she explained

"I swear Celestia, you'll regret this. I'm a pretty fun-loving guy. Jokes, laughter, and chaos are my lifeblood; but even I know when to get serious. You've crossed the line." Discord grumbled angrily. Celestia had still not released him from her magical grip, it seemed she intended to keep him well within her sights until she found something better to do with him.

"I was not aware there was a line, Discord. If i'm right in remembering, you were sent there for punishment, not to have fun."

"I don't see why you should care."

"You don't belong on Earth with some girl!"

"Some girl? Oh come on Celly, please tell me this isn't all about that. I'm sorry, but there never was anything between us and you know it. We're too different. It never would have lasted even if it was there in the first place." Celestia pushed him into one of the cells and locked the door behind him. Discord sat on the bench and scowled at her. "All this out of jealousy. I thought the princess was supposed to be better than that."

"I will deal with you later. Then your chaos will be returned to you, and things will go back to the way they were before. But this time if you cause trouble, I will find something else to do with you, you will not go to Earth again." Celestia walked away from the cell, her golden shoes tinging like bells as she stomped angrily down the stone hall.

A while later he heard hoofsteps nearing his cell again. What does she want now? The steps stopped right behind him.

"Go away!" He said, " I'm not interested in talking to you anymore."

"Are you sure?" a voice behind him asked.

He turned on the seat to look at his visitor. "Katie?"

"Last time I checked." Katie laughed.

Discord rushed over to the bars to talk to her. "But, how did you even get here?"

She smiled and hugged him through the bars, "I hitched a ride!"

"I brought her here." Discord hadn't noticed the night princess until now, her midnight blue coat blended almost perfectly with the dimly lit room. Her horn glowed and the lock rattled and opened.

"I am sorry for the trouble that I caused." Luna said. Katrina opened the door and Discord stepped out, only to be tackled in a huge hug by Katie.

"Not that i'm not grateful, but why the sudden change of heart, Luna?" Discord asked.

"My daughter helped me come to my senses." Luna sighed, "I was a foal that jumped to conclusions before I had all the facts. Thousands of years old and I am still learning."

"Y-your daughter?" Discord stammered, He looked at Katie, and then to Luna, and back to Katie again. "You're Luna's daughter?"

"Yeah!" Katie grinned, "Cool huh?"

"I hope you weren't planning on leaving. As nice as it would be to not have a narcissistic, all powerful, pain-in-the-butt, draconequus running around, there is the little matter of him being the only one who can control the spirit of chaos; it would be a shame if I had to lock the girl up to make you see reason, Discord." Celestia said. While the trio had been talking, none of them noticed the white alicorn enter the room. A large bubble of magic was hovering around her, and the purple cloud of smoke inside was ramming itself violently against the walls of the sphere.

"Celestia!" Luna said, startled, "How much did you hear?"

"I heard enough. You and I will be having a talk about this later. Discord, considering how the girl is stuck here now, and I see no benefit in antagonizing my sister over something like this, I will allow her to live on the condition that you watch your behavior towards the inhabitants of Equestria and it's surrounding countries, and that you make sure she doesn't cause any trouble either." She made the bubble float in front of her. "Here is your chaos, to be given back to you upon your return to Equestria, as promised. I would suggest you hurry and take it before it busts out itself." The bubble floated in front of Discord. The smoky cloud slammed itself against the inside of the bubble; chaos does not enjoy being contained, you can hold it for a little while, but sooner or later it was going to do what ever the heck it wanted to.

"Discord?" Katie laid her hand on his arm.

"I have to Katie." He said," The simple fact of the matter, dear, is that i'm the only one who can."

Katrina looked down at her feet, "I understand."

" I AM a different person when I have the chaos as part of me. Very, Very different in a lot of ways. I'm taller, and I'm a whole other species, and have this thing about chocolate milk and cotton candy. I don't know really how much of my personality will change. For all I know, I might not even love you anymore, though I sincerely hope this isn't the case. But know this, I do love you, this Discord does. Even if the old Discord doesn't, this one does, and I'll never abandon you, not after everything I've put you through, and not when you mean so much to me, ok? I pinkie promise." He leaned in close and kissed her again, not the same kind as before though; this one was gentle, and reassuring. She took it to mean, "Everything will be ok.", but Discord knew better. He knew it meant goodbye. Luna watched Discord like a hawk, and Celestia looked at Katrina with disgust. They were both thinking the same thing though, He/she better watch it. I'm still not sure I shouldn't just fry him/her.

"I know you won't. Same as I won't leave you." Katie said.

Discord gave her one last reassuring smile and went to examine the glowing orb that imprisoned his chaos. Placing his hand on it's surface, he could feel the energy pulse inside. The smoke pressed itself against the side forming itself into the shape of Discord's hand. It wanted to be free again, it wanted to go back to what it had been for thousands of years. But did Discord really want to? During his short time as a human, he's been able to finally have some time without the voice of chaos egging him on in his mind. He did miss it, but only a little. He had Katie now, so there was no reason to be lonely; he had her to talk to and to go fun places with. But someone had to do it. He knew that the chaos, should it lose it's patience in that ball and decide to inhabit someone else, that person would go completely mad and probably die. Of all the things he had done, he couldn't put that on his conscience too. Discord looked at the cloud with sadness and relief at the same time. He could feel it trying to get back to him. Like a puppy that had spent too long away from it's master.

He looked up at Celestia and nodded once. Her horn glowed and the ball of magic faded. The cloud whizzed violently around the room, for no particular reason and then changed direction and crashed right into Discord. He could feel it burning inside him changing him from the inside out.

Discord stepped back against a wall, all he could do was try to be strong for Katie, it wouldn't do for her to see how worried he actually was about all this. He knew that being turned into a human was a lot less complicated that going back. He thought about her and he couldn't help but think of how she would react when she saw his true form. Would she hate him then? Would she be afraid? As the process began, he looked to see the faces of the princesses and his love for the last time with human eyes. Katrina and Luna looked concerned, but Celestia had an almost triumphant look in her eyes; she was so sure that she had won, that Discord would no longer love Katie, or that Katie would no longer love Discord, that she thought she would have another chance of winning him over.

Golden sparks flowed from his finger tips and spread slowly up his arms. In an attempt at self preservation, his human mind tried to fight back, but the chaos magic was too strong, and too determined in it's goal to change him back to what he was before. As the golden flecks continued to gradually cover him, the now human part of Discord's mind silently screamed in protest, the chaos magic was burning away at his humanity, one inch at a time. The potent magic soaked into his bloodstream. He could feel it, every single speck of chaos magic, as it tried to change what he had become into what he used to be. He could feel his body dying and being reborn at the same time. It was wonderful and agonizing all at once. The glowing sparks spread up his arm and covered his torso, soon his legs would be covered with the stuff too. He found himself immobilized and he collapsed on the floor.

Katrina wanted to race to his side but Luna pulled her back and held her close.

"You must stay back, my dear. Don't get too close." she whispered. Despite how much she didn't like him, Luna couldn't help but be worried for him, there was a high possibility that the experience would be fatal. Changing from a human to a draconequus was a lot more complicated and dangerous than being turned from a draconequus to a human, especially when the cause of the change is the introduction of chaos magic.

The sparks of chaos magic danced about in Discord's mind, too. Causing him to alternate between seething rage, and overwhelming joy, both accompanied by fits of uncontrollable laughter.

Discord was approaching the final stage of the transformation, his human self was fighting with all of it's might despite knowing that it would never win, only slow the process. Discord knew that this was for the best, and it had to be done, but the basic human instinct for survival refused to give in. This is where I die. He thought, This is what it feels like. All the pain and sadness and regret, that I could never feel as a draconequus, only as a human, coming crashing back at me. The chaos magic is all that I am, and it's killing me. Discord the human is dying. He even had his life flash before his eyes. Most of it was him causing chaos, turning upside down houses; making the world as he wanted it. Some was his time as a statue, with only the chaos in his mind to keep him busy in the made up world of dreams. There was him being banished to Earth. He met Katie and somehow was happier than he had ever been in thousands of years. The sparks continued to swallow him. The whole process probably took all of a couple minutes, but to Discord, it could have been years.

Discord didn't want to die. he didn't want to lose Katrina. What if he didn't love her anymore? What if he broke his promise and left her alone? What if he didn't even know who she was? It was then that he remembered something that he had heard once while he was a statue. A tan earth pony with dark brown hair and a hourglass for a cutie mark had stepped up to him and sat down on a park bench.

"I can't stay long," He had said, "something is happening to the time-stream somewhere around 15 A.D. Equestria time and I really should be going, But I know you can hear me, and I thought it only fair to warn you." He looked the statue in the eyes. "I'm not one for spoilers but this one is important and I was given specific permission to tell you. I'm sorry, but some day, quite soon, it will be time for you to die. When this time comes, you will know. When it comes, remember the one you hold the very most dear. Don't forget about them, to the last second you need to hold them in your mind at all costs. I'm afraid I can't tell you more; it would be telling you too much. Consider my dept to you repaid, old friend. Oops... that hasn't happened yet, spoilers!"

A watch on the pony's forearm beeped and he sighed with disappointment. "It appears i'm all out of time, Discord. I would really have liked to stay longer, it's been such a long time since we had a nice chat. Good bye, and don't forget what I told you."

The pony got up and walked to a small blue box. A grey pegasus with banana yellow hair and a bubbles cutie mark was waiting for him. She waved good bye to Discord too, and after they both got into the box it faded and disappeared.

You are the one I hold most dear Katie. Discord thought. And I won't forget you, not for a second. Pinkie promise. He crossed his heart and put his hand over his eye. Katie saw and couldn't help but smile despite her fear for his safety. Discord thought of that smile, and he thought of her hair and her eyes and her laugh. He thought of how she always smelled like the forest she spent so much time in, and called her home for so long; a harmonious mixture of roses, wet grass, and fresh rain. He thought of his love for her and how he hoped the draconequus would love her too. Faust-willing, she would be his last thought.

The sparks climbed over his shoulders and up his neck. They burned him and froze him at the same time, crawling in snake like tendrils all over him. He was sure now, this human body wasn't meant to undergo this much stress. He was dying. Really dying. Even when this thought occurred to him he kept Katie in his mind. He thought of how her silver hair looked with the moon shining on it, and he thought of that first kiss, sitting in her living room under a blanket, of when he tried to tell her he loved her, but she already knew. He was dying, but he was happy; not everyone gets to spend their last day with the love of their life. Just as the process was just about complete, the human portion of his mind decided it had one last thing to say:

"I don't want to go."

A single tear traced a line down his cheek as his body exploded in a shower of sparks. What was a slow process before, now raged like a fire, erasing every sign of humanity in him and blurring him from vision. In a final scream of both triumph and rage, Discord finally changed. On the surface it was bright and sunny, but in the underground chamber, thunder rolled and lightning flashed all around. The cells turned to Swiss cheese and each brick on the walls turned to a different color. Luna covered herself, her sister and Katrina in a shield spell to protect them from the huge magical discharge.

As quickly as it had come, the violent onslaught of magic ceased. The storm that had somehow materialized in the dungeon broke up and cleared away, the bricks and cells went back to their original state, and the magic shield flickered and died. Discord the draconequus fell to the ground. Katie ran to Discord's side, he did indeed look different, he was considerably taller, or longer as the case may be, than she was. And it was clear that he was nothing even close to human, but she knew he was still Discord. She was too worried about him to care what he looked like. She could feel his heart beating weakly in his chest and his eyes were closed. His shaky, ragged, breathing tried and failed to lift his chest up and down.

Katrina felt like she was going to cry, He couldn't possibly be dying could he? Not after all this., but she knew that a human body probably wasn't meant to be able to survive something like that, even if the transformation was completed in the end. Katrina closed her eyes and laid her head on his, placing her hand on his chest so she could still feel his feeble heartbeat. The beating slowed and finally stopped, so did his attempts at breathing. Celestia and Luna both bowed their heads. Katie couldn't believe it. She was absolutely stunned, she wanted to scream and cry at the top of her lungs but she couldn't bring herself to make a single sound. She could only hold him in her arms and sob. Luna came over and placed her hoof on Katie's shoulder, attempting to comfort her while not tearing her away from her grief.

She thought that she had imagined it when she felt his heart start beating again; when he started to breathe again. She thought that wishful thinking was playing with her mind and telling her lies. Gradually, Discord's mind started running again, he could feel himself coming back to reality. He felt Katie's head pressed against his. He felt her shudder and sob as she struggled to not lose her grip on herself and failed. He felt her warm hand resting on his chest. With great difficulty, he raised his arm and placed his lion paw on top of her hand. Katrina looked at it, it took her mind a moment to process that the paw wasn't there before. She turned her head to look at Discord's face, and used her free hand to brush her hair out of the way.

Discord opened his eyes and smiled at her. "Hey there, cutie." He chuckled lightly. "To be honest, I wasn't sure I'd see those eyes of yours again."

Katie sort of half laughed, half sobbed. "I thought you were dead. I really thought you were dead."

"I was." He said. "But there was no way I was going to let myself stay dead long. I love you too much, and I pinkie promised."

Luna came over and sat next to Katie and Discord. "I am glad you're alive too. Admittedly, Equestria would not have been half as interesting without a little Discord in it."

"Then I guess it's a good thing that you have a lot of Discord now isn't it?" He laughed.

Celestia scowled and left the dungeon. She was glad, of course, that Discord was not dead. However, she was hoping he would not remember the girl. She didn't like to lose. Especially to a human. Even more especially to a freak of a human that wasn't technically a human at all, but the product of Nightmare moon's boredom and loneliness in exile. It was embarrassing, insulting even. No matter, the human is bound to run into trouble eventually. Someday she would die and Celestia would be rid of her. Discord would be single again and all would be as it should have been, no meddling humans. All good things to those who wait.

Discord, Katrina and Luna happily laughed together. Luna had no doubts that Discord was the right guy for her little filly, not anymore. Even she could see that they were perfect for each other. Katrina wasn't particularly concerned about Discord's new, or rather old, look; she knew that he was the same person on the inside as he was before.

"You know what we need now, right?" Discord laughed.

Luna and her daughter looked at each other, and then at Discord. "What?" Katrina asked.

"A party!" He said." A big, huge, Discord-is-back-in-Equestria-and-he-brought-his-girlfriend-who-just-so-happens-to-be-Luna's-daughter-and-he's-happy-he-still-loves-Katie-and-managed-to-not-die-permanently type of party!"

"Sounds legit." Katie said happily.

Discord ran his eagle claws through his beard, "And I even know just the mare...."


Sugarcube Corner, Ponyville

Pinkie Pie suddenly stopped dead in her tracks. Wiggly tail, left ear floppy, front right hoof twitchy, nose itchy. That can only mean one thing!

"Somepony needs a party!" She cheered.

Her right ear flopped twice.

"With an overly-complicated title! YAY!"


Author's note:

Whew! Done! After two days of writing nearly non-stop, I present you with a triple length chapter to celebrate the end of the story arc! More than 6,000 words, holy bananas. I think I need to take a break now. T-T

I can't believe I've gotten six chapters out of this! Wow! And more to come! When my fingers stop hurting...

Just a couple last minute things to mention:

First thing: I will be going back through the previous six chapters to edit and revise before I move on the the next story arc. So if you happened to notice anything that I didn't get the first time around please mention it in the comments and i'll be sure to check it out.

Second thing, I was checking the stats on the story, and I was so excited to see that four people have favorited this story so far, and the story had more than 300 views! Thank you guys so much for your support, I really appreciate it and knowing that people like my story inspires me to keep writing! So a special shout out to you guys!

Another shout out goes to fellow Whovians and bronies who recognize the songs that I linked in this chapter! I love all incarnations of The Doctor but number ten always has been and always will be my favorite. There may or may not be a crush involved....^_^



<3<3<3 WhovianPony