• Published 9th Nov 2023
  • 1,943 Views, 167 Comments

Guilt After the Apologies - SamSwordsman123



Even though Twilight forgave her friends, they still carry the guilt for abandoning and not listening to her.

  • ...
5
 167
 1,943

Chapter 11: Redemptions and Races

After a time of walking, the Mane 6, Spike, Shining Armor, Cadance, and Celestia all returned to Ponyville safely by train. The passengers on board were all surprised to see the ruler of their country on board withthem. When they got off and walked into town, they saw a crowd outside of the Golden Oaks that included Princess Luna, Twilight and Shining Armor's parents, and reporters from Canterlot.

"Twilight!" Velvet cried out as she saw her daughter coming.

"Mom?" Twilight questioned as her mother nearly tackled her in a hug. "Dad? Princess Luna? What are you all doing here?"

"We came as soon as we heard!" Night Light stated. "Word traveled around Canterlot pretty fast when Celestia announced she had to go and save her top student."

"Seems my sister as well as Princess Cadance, Shining, and everypony else succeeded," Luna said with a smile.

"Yes," Celestia said. "We managed to free Twilight and sent the changelings that abducted her away."

"Wonderous news, Princess!" the reporter said coming forward putting her microphone to Celestia's mouth. "Please tell us everything!"

Celestia smiled softly and proceeded to tell the story with the help of Twilight's friends and family. They’d noticed that the Twilight they interacted with before seemed off and then when Twilight didn't know the rhyme, they knew something was really off. They exposed the changeling and learned Twilight's location. When Celestia arrived, they went off. Twilight then guiltily told them how she had almost killed her friends while under the queen's control (which caused them to gasp). But their words had gotten through to her and caused her to break free of the spell.

Twilight Velvet hung her head as she heard and the story and looked at her daughter's friends. "I'm... sorry. To all of you, especially you Applejack. You all risked your lives to save my daughter and I'm grateful to you for that. I should never have hit you before. I was justso angry when I heard what happened but you clearly regretted it. Can you ever forgive me?"

Applejack smiled at the older mare. "Of course, Mrs. Sparkle. We all overreacted during that whole incident with the wedding. We forgot the lessons we’d learned, and even who we really were it seems."

"Even me," Twilight agreed. "But everything's alright now.”

Then somepony came forward, the Mane 6 were surprised to recognize him as one of the ponies that threw fruit at them, landing a tomato strike on Rarity. He looked at her in particular with remorse.

"I'm sorry," he said. "You all saved Equestria twice before. Guess even great heroes make mistakes every so often."

"It’s alright my dear stallion," Rarity said smiling at him forgivingly. "None of us claim to be perfect.”

The stallion looked at them for a moment then said, "Hail Princess Celestia! Hail the bearers of the Elements of Harmony! Our heroes today!"

"Hail Celestia! Hail the Elements!" other ponies echoed and bowed.

The princesses, Mane 6, Shining Armor, and Spike all smiled. They'd managed to repair things with the rest of Equestria it seemed now. Everything could go back to normal for them, or at least most of them. Shining Armor was a prince now so he was expected to take on some new duties. But first...

"Well Twiley I know this visit didn't start out exactly how we hoped. But I think we still have time for at least a couple days, right?"

Shining Armor asked turning to Celestia.

The head monarch nodded. "I think we all earned a little break after the recent adventures."

"Yeehaw! No we can do that Siblinghooves Social we planned on!” Applejack flailed her hooves excitedly.

“Oh, I’ll have to get Sweetie Belle!” Rarity said.

“Siblinghooves Social?” Celestia asked.

“Oh, a little name we came up with for a gender neutral get together,” Applejack said. “Usually its Sisterhooves Socials that are only for teenage mares and fillies. But we decided we’d make a little different thing for Shining Armor and Twilight just this once.”

“So, any pair of siblings can join?” Celestia asked looking at her sister.

Luna returned the look. “You’re not thinking of…

“Why not?” Celestia asked. “I’ve missed all of my royal duties today as it is! Might as well have some fun?”

“Hmph!” Luna huffed. “You probably have it easy compared to me!”

Celestia scoffed. “Easy? I doubt that!”

Luna frowned at her. It looked like there was going to be a bout between the royal siblings then and there before Cadance intervened.

“Now now, Aunties! We just got out of a fight! No need to start a new one,” Cadance said putting a hoof on either of the taller alicorn’s shoulders. “Let’s just have a little fun before the day is done. I think we all earned it.”

“You’re right,” Celestia agreed. “I’ll so have a big pile of paperwork tomorrow!”

Everypony laughed.

"We're glad you're safe, Twilight," Night Light said hugging his daughter. "Now that that's all settled, we can probably head back to Canterlot. Hope to see you all again soon!"

“Yeah!” Rainbow Dash waved. “Hope next time goes better!”

“If there’s even a next time at all!” Pinkie said. “Probably offscreen… or offpage!”

“What’s she even talking about?” Spike asked.

“No idea,” Applejack said. “Not like we’re in a show or book, right?”

“Nah!” Rainbow dismissed. “She’s just being her silly self.”

“It would make a lovely story though,” Rarity said. “Maybe you could write one Twilight?”

“I have wanted to try my hoof at that,” Twilight said.

Pinkie just winked ahead.

Twilight Velvet and Night Light left to return to Canterlot. Meanwhile, Celestia joined the Mane 6 and everypony else at Sweet Apple Acres. Rarity had to go and retrieve Sweetie Belle from their parent’s house as she was staying there right now. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash decided to pair up together since they were both Pegasi and had known each other since childhood so they could count as substitute sisters. Fluttershy honestly preferred Rainbow Dash over Zephyr Breeze as well, at least Dash was dependable.

"Man! I'm starving!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "Haven't eaten since lunch on the train and that was hours ago!"

They were all quite hungry themselves. The sun was getting close to setting.

"Alright, we'll eat and then have a game before dark!" Applejack stated.

"Oh no need to be afraid of the dark!" Cadance exclaimed. "Not with the ruler of the sun here!"

Celestia chuckled. "I suppose the sun can stay up a little longer if need be."

"Ponies do need their sleep though," Luna reminded her.

"It won't be for long. And even once it goes down there is always camping!" Rainbow said.

"Ugh!" Rarity exclaimed. "That is so dirty!"

"Oh loosen up Rarity! The most games are often dirty ones!" Applejack said.

"I haven't been camping in years!" Twilight said. "We took occasional field trips at the School of Magic."

"Yeah but knowing you you had your nose in a book the whole time," Shining said.

"Yeah," Twilight admitted.

"Well I think I'd enjoy a night of camping!" Cadance said.

"That sounds exciting!" Celestia exclaimed. "Better than spending the night safe in a secure castle!"

Luna looked away. “I prefer a nice relaxing time. Enough excitement in the dream realm!”

"Sorry Sister but tonight we’ll be having some exciting fun!” Celestia said. “What’s the game?”

“Well…”

Applejack explained and Luna blushed as she heard.

“Oh no! There is no way I would ever!”

After a bit of convincing, she partook. They ate dinner and then headed to the racing path Applejack had put together through the orchard. All the younger siblings were on the backs of their elders, with the exception of Fluttershy being on Rainbow’s back. Twilight was on Shining Armor, and Applejack and Apple Bloom were both on Big Macintosh’s. Cadance decided to join as well and had Pinkie on hers since both of them being pink could pass as sisters if Pinkie had a horn and wings.

“This is so undignified!” Luna said from Celestia’s back.

“I think its quite fun, like old times when we were fillies!” the elder sister said looking at Luna. “Of course, you are a bit heavier now.”

“And you should probably lay off on the cake!” Luna teased in return. “It’s a wonder you don’t get fat!”

Everypony laughed as Celestia blushed.

“Even we royals have a sweet tooth,” she admitted after a moment. “And you have your favorite moon pies.”

“Ooh! I think I can make some moon pies and a big chocolate cake after this!” Pinkie Pie said on Cadance.

“That would be welcome!” Celestia smiled.

“Can I request strawberry shortcakes?” Cadance asked.

“Sure thing my temporary big sister!” Pinkie answered giving the princess a hug from behind.

“Guess we have to work up an appetite after dinner!” Shining Armor said. “Ready Twiley?”

Twilight smiled and looked around at Applejack and the others. “Run run run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me! My brother’s captain of the guard!”

“And my brother’s the strongest stallion in all of Ponyville!” Applejack argued.

“Well not to brag but I have the longest legs and biggest body structure out of all of you here!” Celestia smirked.

“Let us please move onto the main event!” Rarity said before turning to Spike as Sweetie Belle clang to her. “If you would please Spike?”

The baby dragon nodded and raised his flag. “On your mark! Get set! Go!”

All of the siblings (or temporary siblings in two cases) took off. Celestia had the long legs which propelled her ahead of Cadance, Rainbow, and Rarity who were either weighed down by their large sibling or just not fast runners in one case. But unfortunately for the monarch, Shining Armor and Big Macintosh were both in much better shape from their occupations as soldier and farmer respectively. The two brothers carried their sisters with strength and speed. They appeared evenly matched. Big Mac’s strength was immense and allowed him to carry both his little sisters without being too hampered. But Shining Armor only had one sibling on his back and was faster. Spike sighed, recalling times when he’d thought of the two as his own brother and sister. But they didn’t have him on Shining’s back with them.

Shining Armor and Big Mac raced each other, with Shining Armor and Twilight inching forward. Celestia and Luna were back behind, followed by Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Rainbow and Cadance meanwhile, lagged behind under the weight of their riders.

“Uh, why’d I agree to this?” Rainbow asked as she struggled.

“Sorry,” Fluttershy said.

“Come on Big Mac you can do it!” Applejack said encouragingly ahead.

“Put some speed in!” Apple Bloom added.

Big Mac gritted his teeth and tried to do so but his primary strength was… well, physical strength. Shining Armor’s specialty of course was defensive magic, but he was pretty fast in his own right. Big Mac managed to go faster, sweat pouring down his brow, but then the weight of his sisters proved too much and he fell to the ground. Celestia soon managed to overtake him with Luna.

But Celestia wasn’t nearly fast enough on her hooves to catch her own captain. Shining Armor and Twilight crossed the finish line.

“Yeah!” Shining exclaimed.

“Wahoo!” Twilight said as she jumped off Shining’s back. “Who’s the fastest big brother?”

“I am!” Shining said as he hugged her. “You’re the best and most magical sister ever, Twilie! I love you, LSBFF.”

“Love you too, Shining,” Twilight said as she hugged him back. “Everything bad is in the past now. Don’t worry about it. Let’s just worry about the future!”

“You’re right,” Shining said. “Whatever the future holds, I want to have a long and happy life with you and Cadance in my life.”

Twilight hoped for that as well. Celestia and Luna made it to them, quickly followed by the Apples, and then Rarity and Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, and finally Cadance and Pinkie. They set up a campfire as well and enjoyed themselves around it. Pinkie left for a while but soon returned with...

“The cake and pies are here!” Pinkie announced as she returned from Sugarcube Corner.

Celestia grinned eagerly and licked her regal lips. It was her favorite cake, chocolate with pink frosting. Luna also became entranced at the sight of moon pies and Cadance licked her lips at the strawberry shortcakes. Pinkie had gotten a full course of sweets of various brought out for the party.

“Victory and family love party!” Pinkie cried out as she blew her confetti canon.

Everypony laughed and began munching on the sweets. They’d saved Twilight, and other ponies had forgiven them. The Mane 5, Celestia, Spike, and Shining Armor had all redeemed themselves. Now they could just enjoy themselves for a little while.

Author's Note:

Okay, this actually felt like it could be a good spot to stop the whole story but I had one last chapter with a scene at the end I really wanted to include at the end. You’ll see it soon as I have decided to just go ahead and finish this off this week. So, the final chapter will come out in a couple days most likely on either Thursday or Friday.