• Published 13th Oct 2023
  • 419 Views, 36 Comments

The False Goddess - Zoura3025



What happens when one alicorn isn't enough? Bad things happen to make another.

  • ...
2
 36
 419

Prelude: Criminality

Dr. Thanamus looked at his employee as they walked to the graveyard. "Are we clear on your task, Golden?" He asked sternly.
Golden Retriever nodded, "Yes, Doctor," He replied, "You want a pegasus and a unicorn in matchin' colours, right?" He asked, grabbing a shovel from the cart.
"A young pegasus and a young unicorn in matching colours. I've gone through the obituaries; you're looking for…" The doctor then rattled off several pairs of names.

Golden Retriever nodded obediently. The earth pony had his doubts about the moral efficacy of his employer's alleged plan; but, well, the economy was gone to feces at the moment, and the doctor was paying well.
Golden slowly walked away, looking for a grave with a name that matched his employer's listing.

The doctor grinned with wily abandon as Golden returned with a dirty shovel, a sweaty brow, and two foal-sized bodybags that seemed to be full. The earth pony set them on the cart gently, as if trying to protect the deceased fillies from the harshness of the world one last time.

Dr. Thanamus rolled his eyes, "Do not weep for them, simpleton. They are already dead," He sneered.
"Just making sure they're intact for you, boss; this is Texas Toast and Plantation," Golden Retriever said.

Dr. Thanamus nodded. "Good," He replied, "Now, of course, your payment."
The unicorn's horn ignited and he set a large pile of bits on the cart, "Remember. Not a peep about this to anyone."
Golden Retriever nodded, "As you wish," He sighed.
The earth pony tucked the money in his saddlebags and hitched the cart to his back, walking back to the doctor's home, with the doctor walking along beside him. The two didn't share a word on the way back; Dr. Thanamus gave Golden the creeps.

The doctor's home was a large, stone building; an old fortress from the war between Celestia and Luna. More specifically, a labor camp for prisoners of war.
The doctor smiled a crooked smile as he brought Golden to a large room, festooned with medical equipment and magical artifacts. The predominant tool was a large, chandelier-like assembly of mechanical arms over an operating table.

"This is where your involvement ends," The doctor remarked, "You will not tell a soul about the things you have seen and done under my instruction. Are we clear?"
Golden shuddered a bit. He'd spend his entire life trying to forget it. "Yes, Doctor," He replied slowly, "I swear on my life."

Golden watched as Dr. Thanamus levitated the two body bags from the cart.
"Good boy," Thanamus replied with a slight sneer, waving his hoof dismissively, "Run along."
Golden didn't waste any time. He left immediately, breaking into a full gallop. "Whaaaat in tartarus did I just aid in?" He asked himself.

Dr. Thanamus unbound the ties holding the bags shut, and dumped the two deceased fillies on the operating table.
He was a bit irked that Texas' leg was still broken, but that was no matter. Texas was the pegasus between them, and the Doctor knew it was easier to transplant wings than a horn.

The doctor ensured the room's door was locked, and then began to work. Medical equipment danced from its tray over to the doctor's side, as the doctor began to carefully cut apart the pegasus' body. He did take great care in his work, of course; the better his cut, the faster the new alicorn would heal, and thus, the faster her training could begin.

The doctor smiled as he overlooked his work. The new body showed clear signs of alteration; carefully inlaid stitches ensured the coat was more or less consistent. The colours didn't match perfectly, but it was close enough for any normal pony's eye.
He then turned the body over, carefully loosening the skin from the ribcage and cutting it back. He brought the body to the table beneath the enormous conglomerate of mechanical apparati, setting it down.

"And now, the healing," The doctor uttered with a smile, closing his eyes as his horn illuminated brightly.
The machine hissed and screeched to life, energized by the doctor's magic. It was a machine he'd spent a majority of his life assembling, perfecting, and learning to control.
Large drills carefully carved holes into the ribcage of the deceased filly; pinpricks, which were then filled with slivers of green and cyan crystals. Each rib was spliced with crystal a dozen times; slivers of raw magic that would give the body the energy it needed to return to the realm of the living.

Were anypony to see how the doctor revived this new alicorn, he would have been burnt at the stake; anypony understood that magic worked in mysterious ways, but this was a bastardization of harmony's essence that even the princess who requested the operation would have trouble defending.
After being injected with a final shot of a powerful magical stimulant, the body's skin was meticulously sewn back in place, leaning only a broad, but thin scar.
The doctor's eyes opened.
He lifted the fresh body and brought it to a small bed on wheels. "And now, we allow nature to do the hard work," He says, pushing the bed out of the room.