• Published 18th Oct 2023
  • 1,083 Views, 223 Comments

Saiyan Of The Sun - IndigoStorm27



12 years before the return of Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia encounters a being from beyond the stars. Despite the less than formal first impression, Celestia decides to take him in to her care. How will Equestria fare with its new resident?

  • ...
12
 223
 1,083

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Aftermath, and Rebuilding

Interlude: Aftermath, and Rebuilding.

Following the near destruction of the city at the hooves of Queen Chrysalis, the ponies of Canterlot were left shaken and in mourning. Many ponies had lost friends and family, some having been killed and others... missing. With reconstruction efforts underway, a fragile peace had fallen over the city. Within the castle, however, Bage was held under scrutiny for both allowing Chrysalis to escape and for sparing a changeling.

"I'll ask you again, Bage. This changeling informed us that you spared its life during the invasion. Is this true?" Shining asked, leveling his gaze at the saiyan. Bage gulped, looking to Celestia, and nodded. "So not only did you spare this changeling, but you also allowed their queen to just fly free. Not caring if she came back and finished the job. Do you have any idea what you've done?!" Shining demanded, stomping his hoof to punctuate his sentence. Thorax stared at the floor, trying to make himself seem as small as possible. Bage glared at Shining Armor, sitting up and sliding off the cot to his feet. He walked over to Shining, staring down at him.

"I don't like your tone, Captain. What, exactly, do you think I should have done?" Shining glared back up at him, snorting.
"Care to elaborate? I think you should have captured the queen, and called the guards to capture this one." Shining gestured to Thorax. Bage glanced at Thorax, noting how terrified he looked. Bage chuckled, closing his eyes.

"Oh, you're right I'm sorry. I should have gotten the three whole guards I saw during the entire invasion. I don't recall seeing a single guard back me up while I fought both Chrysalis AND her entire army. In fact, I don't even recall seeing you, Captain Shining Armor. You might have gotten an expedited promotion to Guard Captain, but that doesn't make you a captain, and I don't recognize your authority. All I see is a colt playing soldier. So don't try and take that tone with me, private. And don't forget who trained you. Unless you want to fight me and see how you measure up?" Bage cracked his knuckles, the popping sounds echoing through the library.

Shining's eyes widened and he took a step back, his primal instinct to run nearly overtaking his training. He looked into Bage's eyes and saw the glint of a predator. He grimaced, trying to maintain eye contact. After a few seconds, he faltered and looked away. "Fine, but he's your responsibility, not mine." Shining scowled and left, leaving Thorax behind. Thorax shook and tried to crawl into a ball, jumping when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm not gonna blast ya." Thorax looked up at Bage, seeing a gentle smile. "Sorry about the rest of your, uh, what was the rest of the hive to you?" Bage asked. Thorax blinked before taking the same pony form as before.

"They were... siblings, I guess. But I only thought of one of them as a brother." Thorax muttered, shifting to his hooves.

"Which one?"

"Pharynx, one of the personal warriors you... killed." Bage was immediately hit with a wave of guilt. He stammered, trying to come up with an apology, but Thorax simply patted his leg. "It's OK. He was always telling me he wanted to die against a warrior who could match his skill and power. I don't hold it against you, especially since you were defending your home. Although I don't know what I'm going to do now since I doubt Chrysalis would allow me back into the hive." Celestia cleared her throat.

"Then perhaps you may stay here. As long as you swear not to cause trouble and remain in the castle where Bage can keep an eye on you, then I am willing to pardon you of the charge that arises from the invasion." Thorax's jaw nearly hit the floor. Bage was pretty surprised as well.

"W-well, I don't want to cause any issues. And I'm sure Bage wouldn't want to have me hanging around him all the time." Bage flopped back down onto his cot, grunting in pain.

"Nah, don't worry. I already deal with Sunset daily, so you won't OW, FUCK!" Sunset chose that moment to throw a book at Bage's head, smacking him in the ear. "Jeez, your aim with those is top-notch!" Bage exclaimed, rubbing his ear. Sunset just glared at him before laying back down. "Anyway, I don't mind you hanging around as long as you don't mind being a training partner. FOR WHEN SUNSET'S BUSY!" He added quickly as she readied another book to throw. "Other than that, you've got nothing to worry about. Unlike stick-up-the-ass Shining Armor, I won't condemn an entire species based on the actions of their leader. Because I know that Chrysalis was the main instigator of this invasion." Thorax regarded Bage for a moment and sensed that his emotions were genuine.

"A-alright. But I'm not much of a fighter, so I don't know how well I'll do with training. I didn't even get that much done before the invasion. The Qu- I mean, Chrysalis, didn't see us scouts as much more than battle fodder. Expendable meat shields, honestly." Bage frowned at that, finding a new reason to hate the psychotic queen.

"Well, don't you worry. Changeling or not, I think you're a good, uh, I'll just go with pony." Bage shrugged, not sure how to go about referring to Thorax.

"Pony is fine, I'll be in a pony form most of the time anyway." Bage gave him a thumbs up, which confused him.

"Sounds good. As long as I don't have to call you a bug. I feel like that's a bit offensive," Bage chuckled.

"Then it's settled. You shall remain in Canterlot, under Bage's supervision. What should we call you?" Celestia asked. Thorax thought for a moment, before coming up with a perfect name. His form flared, and a pair of wings appeared on his back.

"Free Breeze. Fitting, right?" He asked. Bage smiled and nodded.

With the repairs to Canterlot underway and the changeling threat dealt with, Celestia breathed a sigh of relief. She looked to the sky, beginning the process of reigning in the day, and bringing about the night. As Luna's moon rose above the horizon, she couldn't help but worry about what the next few years would bring and hoped that Twilight would be the final piece she needed to save her sister. The 1000th Summer Sun Celebration was drawing ever closer, and with it, the return of Nightmare Moon.

Author's Note:

A shorter chapter, but I didn't want to drag it out since it's only an interlude. Next Chapter will start with a much longer time skip, as we get into the Nightmare Arc, and Bage gets to meet the rest of the main six. Thorax won't really play much of a role from this point on, I just didn't feel right killing him off.

PreviousChapters Next