• Published 18th Oct 2023
  • 1,088 Views, 223 Comments

Saiyan Of The Sun - IndigoStorm27



12 years before the return of Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia encounters a being from beyond the stars. Despite the less than formal first impression, Celestia decides to take him in to her care. How will Equestria fare with its new resident?

  • ...
12
 223
 1,088

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter FIVE: Time Passes, an Army Grows in The Shadows! The Threat of Chrysalis!

Time Passes, an Army Grows in The Shadows! The Threat of Chrysalis!


Three years have passed, during which Bage has made a great deal of progress in learning friendship. Thanks to Celestia's teachings, he was able to get a better handle on his anger issues, and his attitude had cooled somewhat. His training with Sunset had given her a significant grasp of ki control, and she had even created some techniques of her own. The two also did some more research into the Japonese ki history, learning of a way to sense ki even from long distances, without the use of a scouter. Their power had risen considerably, and Bage had nearly reached the level that Celestia stood at during the height of the day.
This peace wouldn't last, however, as a changeling spy had been discovered amongst the guard ranks, triggering a security crackdown. The changeling was interrogated and it revealed the plans for an invasion, Prompting Celestia to take drastic action. The guards were given rudimentary training in battle and ki control by Bage and Sunset, to ensure that Canterlot wouldn't be left defenseless. With the danger of Chrysalis looming on the horizon, Bage and Sunset double their training, in order to face the evil Queen. The Invasion Arc begins, now.


------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot, Three Years Later


Bage (Weighted Gear) Power Level:15000

Sunset Power Level:15000



A series of shockwaves echoed across Canterlot, as Bage and Sunset sparred in the air above the city. A massive golden shield stretched over the entirety of Canterlot, courtesy of Celestia, as a precaution against the growing threat. Bage traded blows with Sunset, relishing in the thrill of wondering who would come out on top. Despite the efforts of both, their power was practically dead even. "Come on, Sunset, don't tell me you've been slacking. You haven't landed a single good attack." Bage aimed a kick at her head, but met air as her after image faded. He spun around, but met a hoof right to the chin.

"You were saying?" Sunset mocked, smirking. Bage rubbed his chin, grinning.

"Ok, I deserved that one, but don't think you'll get another." Bage ducked as another kick was sent his way, countering by punching Sunset in the gut. She coughed as the wind was driven out of her, but retaliated with a punch of her own. Bage grabbed her hoof, and spun her around before sending her flying. Sunset stopped her momentums by kicking off from roof, before shooting back up to meet Bages' punch with one of her own.

"If you didn't boast so much, maybe you'd have an edge." Sunset flipped around to dodge an axe kick, before delivering a spin kick right to Bages' solar plexus. While Bage was doubled over, she started flying around him, picking up speed as a reddish-gold ring appeared. "RING OF FIRE!" Bage looked up in time to see the ring close around him, locking his arms to his sides.

"Augh, this is new. When'd you come up with this?" Bage asked whilst struggling to break free. Sunset just smirked, crossing her forelegs.

"I don't just train with YOU. I take time to practice on my own, usually while you're in the dining hall stuffing your face. I came up with it a few days ago, as a way to restrain an opponent." Sunset explained, as Bage pushed against the ring.

"Fair enough, but it'll take a lot more than this to hold me. HAAAAAAA!" Bage roared as his ki flared, shattering the ring. Sunset just glared, rolling her eyes.

"Figures, but hey it was worth a shot." Sunset blocked a kick with a foreleg, before spinning backward and landing a brutal high kick on Bages chin.

"GAH, why always the chin with you? I'm gonna lose a tooth at this rate." Bage rubbed his chin, grimacing. Sunset responded by launching a punch to the side of his head, followed by an uppercut to his chin.

"DAAH, why the chin?! Seriously, it's like you have a vendetta against my chin or something." Bage pouted, his chin throbbing. He made two ki blasts in his palms and fired them off at Sunset, who dipped down in midair to dodge them.

"I'd say 'nice try' but you pretty much telegraphed that." Sunset noticed Bage point behind her, and she turned to see the blasts coming back towards her. "WOAH!" she darted to the left, and the blasts followed her. 'Homing blasts? Guess I'm not the only one who came up with some new tricks.' She thought as she tried to avoid getting knocked out of the sky.

No matter what, the blasts remained right on her tail. She turned and shot a beam at one of the blasts, making it explode in mid air. The other shot forward, and she knocked it away with a hoof, causing it to explode against the shield. She sensed something behind her, dodging out of the way of a roundhouse, and turned to get a punch right in muzzle. She went flying back, crashing against the shield, before being struck by a another ki blast. She fell out of the sky, crashing into the ground below. Bage flew down, watching Sunset pick herself up. "You've really improved. At this rate, you could probably take on the whole changeling army by yourself," Bage commented, helping her to her hooves. She slapped his hand away, growling.

"I don't need your help, I can get up just fine." She snapped, dusting her armor off. Bage just sighed, shaking his head.

"You know, if you didn't get upset every time you lost, you'd probably be able to learn a few things. I've been doing this since I was 6, remember?" Bage crossed his arms, frowning. Sunset's anger issues were a common point of contention, both between the two of them, as well as between herself and Celestia. Despite multiple attempts to get her to work on dealing with them, she always blew them off, typically while yelling at him, or Celestia, or both of them at once. "I seriously think your anger is going to get you into trouble one of these days. If you let your anger dictate your actions, you'll just end up-" Sunset cut him off with a punch to his gut, causing him to clutch his stomach.

"OK, I get it. You've blabbed on about that for months now. I'm gonna go get something to eat. I'll see you tomorrow," She grumbled as she walked off. Bage stared after her, and sighed.

"One of these days that anger is going to end up getting you killed," Bage muttered softly, making to follow her, when a voice called his name.

"HEY, BAGE! DO YOU HAVE A MINUTE?"

Bage turned and saw the royal guard captain trotting towards him. "Captain Swift Blade, nice to see you! What'd you need?" Bage reached out his hand, the captain grabbing it and giving it a shake.

"That changeling we've got in lock-up, it wants to talk to you. Said it had something for your ears only," Swift Blade handed him an amulet, glowing with Celestia's magic. "That will let you into the dungeons, otherwise you'd have to go through the guards search and scan routine."



-------------------------------------

Bage was lead down into the bowels of the castle, deeper than he had ever been before, coming upon the entrance to the dungeons. Swift Blade did a quick rhythmic knock, and a series of clicks sounded from the other side, the door swinging open. "Captain Swift Blade, good to see you sir." The guards on the other side saluted. One of the guards at the corner of the hall walked over, saluting and showing his own amulet. "Sir, Private Shining Armor reporting, Sir." Swift Blade saluted, turning toward Private Armor.

"It's good to meet you, Private. You're the new recruit, right? Brother of the princesses personal student, that correct?" Swift Blade asked, Private Armor giving a stiff nod. "Relax, colt, you're acting like a board. I ain't gonna bite your head off. Bage, meet our newest recruit, he was top of his group during hell week." Shining looked up at Bage, his eyes going wide.

"This is the guy that's been teaching the guard all those techniques?! He's huge!" Shining exclaimed, causing Bage to chuckle.

"Yeah, blame my dad for that. He was a mountain. Nice to meet you. You know, three years ago the whole guard unit said I was a threat to Equestrian security, now I'm helping teach 'em how to fight. Funny how that works." Bage joked, causing the guards behind him to sweat nervously.

"Yeah well, can you blame us? An alien crashes down on Equis, picks a fight with the princess, and waltzes in like he owns the place. We didn't know what to think." Swift Blade swatted Bages' back with a wing, chuckling.

"The captain at the time, I think his name was Iron Wall, tried to petition to Celestia that she send me to the moon, where I belong." Bage said, giving Swift Blade an unamused look. The captain gave a weak laugh, before coughing.

"Anyway, I need to take Bage to see the prisoner," Swift Blade stated.

"Of course sir, we just need to see his amulet."

Bage pulled out the amulet that Swift had given him, showing to Private Armor, who nodded. "Right this way." Shining led the two of them down the hall, to a door flanked by guards on both sides. The door glowed with powerful runes, almost pulsing with power.

"I don't think your door is secure enough, it's not on fire," Bage joked, but it was met with confused stares. "Never mind."

"Those runes were placed by Princess Celestia herself, they're plenty secure." Shining told him, and Bage just facepalmed.

"Yeah, I was kidding. Just open the damn door." Bage could tell this wasn't going to be pleasant. The door shimmered as the enchantments were suspended, letting the door swing open. Bage made to walk through it, but Shining stopped him.

"You can't go in alone. For your protection, you need to have a guard with you," Shining stated, and Bage simply flared his aura, raising an eyebrow.

"I think I'll be fine. I can battle Celestia to a standstill, one changeling is nothing." Bage killed his aura before walking through the door, feeling a buzzing behind his eyes as the door closed. 'That must be the enchantments kicking in.' He noticed the room was empty, and felt out for any ki signatures, his eyes drawn to an extra pillow on the bed. "Cut the act, I can sense your energy. That trick won't work on me." The pillow morphed into a changeling, the bug giving him a dirty look. It let a series of clicks and chirps, before shaking its head and turning into a pegasus mare.

"I forget that you can not understand me, given the results of our last interaction." The changeling sat down on the chair next to it's bed.

"So you were the bug that talked to me in the infirmary, I guess you were serious about watching me. Why'd you call me here, anyway?" Bage leaned against the wall, but kept his guard up.

"I wish to ask you what side you would wish to fight on in the coming war. And yes, this will be war. We have been learning from your teachings of the student of the sun, your knowledge of combat and 'ki' have been quite informative." The changeling said in a near monotone. Bage kept his face neutral, but that admission surprised him. They had been learning from him, which meant that they probably knew everything he could do.

'That could be a problem, if they've been practicing actual combat, and ki control, this wont be an invasion, it'll be a slaughter in Chrysalis' favor,' Bage thought. "If you've been training in ki control, why would you need me? It sounds like you've got all the knowledge you need, so I'm not sure what you mean. Not to mention, what makes you think I'd abandon Equestria when they need me?" Bage questioned, and the changeling just smiled.

"The Queen sees you as a powerful warrior, and a prospective ally. If you side with her, she will reward you greatly. You need only turn your back on the Sun Princess." The changeling placed it's hooves together, staring him down. Bage sneered, and placed his hands on the table.

"If you think I'd just turn traitor for a bunch of disgusting insects, then you don't know me at all." Bage said quietly, his voice carrying an air of danger. The changeling stared back, with a sneer of it's own.

"Then you resign yourself to death, alongside the ponies. The Queen shall deal with you personally. She has been watching through my eyes, and is insulted that you would reject her generous offer. She does not take kindly to such blatant disrespect. This will be the last time we speak, saiyan." Bage was about to ask what it meant by that, when the changelings eyes went dark and it dropped to the floor, convulsing.

"What the hell?! HEY I NEED SOME HELP IN HERE!" Bage yelled, the doors enchantments dropping as it opened and two guards jumped into the room. The changelings body began to desiccate, and it let out a final gasp, before going still.

One of the guards checked the body, and shook their head. "Dead, it's like all the life was sucked out of it. Never seen anything like it."

Swift Blade looked at Bage, "What the buck happened in here?"

Bage just shrugged, crossing his arms. "It said, 'this will be the last time we speak' then it just keeled over and started shaking." Swift Blade looked at the corpse, shaking his head.

"Get that thing out of here, and then have someone deep clean this cell. Bage, follow me." Swift Blade walked out of the room. Bage took one last look at the body, before turning to follow. As they walked down the hall, Swift Blade directed him into a side room, and closed the door, clicking the lock into place. "You mind explaining what that thing meant, when it said 'last interaction' Bage?" Swift Blade leveled a glare at him. Bage just stared back, and didn't answer. "Did you, or did you not, know of that changelings' existence before we captured it two weeks ago?" When Bage remained silent, Swift Blade pounded his hooves on the table, his face morphed into a look of fury. "ANSWER ME!" Bage sighed, sitting down and putting his feet up on the table.

"Yeah, but bear in mind I had only been here for a week at the time. How was I supposed to know how much of a threat it would be? Whatever enemies Equestria had at the time were a mystery to me, so tone down your attitude, or I'll show you mine. And trust me, you don't want that, Captain Swift Blade. So lets keep this cordial, ok?" Bage returned Swift Blades look with a glare of his own, which was enough to quench the captains rage.

"Fine, but this discussion isn't over. On a lighter note, I'm glad you didn't turn traitor on us, I have a feeling fighting you would be suicide." Swift Blade ran a hoof through his mane, frowning.

"Please, if I had been serious about conquering this place when I first got here, I could have killed Celestia, then played Jenga with the corpses of the guards and a good majority of the rest the populace. Just learned about that game, by the way. Great way to kill an hour or two." Bage chuckled, and Swift Blade felt the blood drain from his face.

"You, uh, meant that as a joke, right?" Swift Blade asked nervously, but Bage just smiled. "It WAS a joke, right?" Bage stood up and walked to the door unlocking it and stepping out.

"Come on, Swift. We've got a guard unit to train, and I want to be done by lunchtime." Bage called over his shoulder. Swift Blade galloped after him, sweating.

"YOU MEANT THAT AS A JOKE, RIGHT BAGE?!" His question was met with a laugh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bage and Captain Swift Blade stood before a group of 20 guard recruits, all of which looked incredibly nervous. All except for one, that is. Private Shining Armor stood in the middle of the first row of five, stoic and professional. 'This is going to be fun' Bage thought, grinning. "Alright, listen up. I'm sure you all remember the hell you went through for guard training, and thought to yourselves 'this is the worst thing I've ever been put through'. Well, I hate to break it to you, but this will be much worse. When it comes to training under a saiyan, you will experience a level of hell that will make what you've been through seem like your 5th birthday party. I will push you to the brink, and pull you back, just to push you there again. You will feel like you're about to die, and wish you were. You will not enjoy this, but it will be over quicker than you think." Bage explained, his voice slightly raised. "To start, open the crates that you were told to stand next to."
A series of creaks and the sounds of nails being pulled free from wood echoed throughout the training area. "The armor you see inside is modeled after my own, with the materials being as close as possible to my own, since the material has yet to be identified to exist on Equis. It is also weighted, to increase the difficulty of training, as well as to help increase your power once you remove it after this training is over." One of the guards cleared his throat, drawing Bages' attention to him.

"Um, how much does it weigh, exactly?" The guard flinched when Bage responded with a chuckle.

"Given the limits of what I've seen, each pony race has a different weight threshold that they can carry. For earth ponies, the armor is 50 kilos. For pegasi, 20 kilos, and for unicorns, 25 kilos." The guards jaws dropped. They were used to heavy loads, but that much was insane.

"Trust me, if you think that's bad, just know that my own armor is 200 kilos, so don't think I'm just trying to kill you." One of the guards in the back fainted, the realization that their instructor could carry well over 400 pounds being too much to handle. "One of you help him up, in the mean time, the rest of you go ahead and put that armor on. Over time, as you get used to the weight, I'll swap it out for heavier and heavier amounts, up to what I'm wearing right now, until your almost ready to collapse. If you can train with that much weight and manage to land a strike on me, you're ready." Despite this insane training regimen, Shining Armor still looked stoic, ready for anything. "As for you, Shining, you're going to set an example for the rest of this unit, by taking on double the weight of an average unicorn, to show the rest of these sissies how easy it is." Bage grinned as Shining's stone mask finally broke, as his jaw nearly hit the floor.

"WAIT WHAT?! How is that fair?" Shining took a step back as Bage got right up close to his face.

"Because you looked too calm about this. Besides, I just want to mess with you, since I'm friends with your sister." Bage whispered in his ear. Shining just gaped like a fish out of water, as the rest of the guard laughed. "As for the rest of you, 20 push ups in that gear. You need to get used to that weight. Best get geared up Shining, or you'll fall behind." Bage told him with a laugh. Shining just grimaced as he struggled to pull the 50 kilo armor out of the crate.

"Say, Bage, don't you think that this is a bit too much? I mean, this kind of training might work for you, but I don't think it will work for ponies." Swift Blade pointed out, but Bage just waved him off.

"If they can handle this, they can handle anything the changelings' might throw at them. Besides, this kind of training is perfect for helping increase their mobility," Bage explained. He turned back to the recruits, while Swift Blade was left pondering what he meant by that.

"Shining, why is your armor not on yet? The rest of the unit has already started their pushups!" Bage walked over to Shining, who was still struggling to lift the armor out of his crate.

"Gkc, sir, I th-think this might -Ngh- be too h-heavy for me!" His horn flared as he strained to lift the armor. Bage just shook his head, walking over and lifting the armor out of the crate as if it was a basket off eggs.

"Don't call me sir, it sounds weird. Here, I'll suit you up, but you'll have to learn how to take it off yourself." Bage placed the armor on over Shining's' head, and strapped it into place. The moment he let go, Shining felt as if his knees were going to snap. "Now, 20 push ups lets go." Shining got down and tried to do a pushup, but couldn't even budge. "Come on, Shining! Are you really going to let the changelings win? When they invade, they're going to abduct everyone they can, doing who knows what too them." Shining squeezed his eyes shut, the weight was just too much. "They'll take Twilight too you know. Will you be able to live with yourself, knowing she was captured because you were too weak to stop them?! Come on, try harder!" Shining imagined Twilight, screaming for his help as she was carted of by those bugs, and his eyes shot open.

"N-No, I'll protect her, I have to!" With a newfound strength, Shining pushed himself up off the ground, shakily. He felt as if the weight was lessened, and with a renewed vigor, started cranking out push ups one after another, his muscles burning.

"That's more like it, Shining! Keep it up." Bage looked up at Swift Blade, giving him a wink, as he lifted Shining's armor just enough for him to do his pushups. Swift Blade just shook his head, a small smile on his face.

"15... 16... 17... 18... 19... 20!" Shining grunted, as he collapsed. Bage patted his shoulder, letting him rest.

"Good job colt, you did it. Half an hour after everyone else finished, but still." Bage muttered sarcastically. Shining didn't respond, still exhausted from the push ups. "Ok, I think that was a good warm up, now lets do some light sparring!" A resounding THUD echoed across the training area as all 19 guards still standing collapsed. "HAHAHA! I'm kidding, don't worry. We'll pick this up tomorrow, so go ahead and take that armor off and go get something to eat, Shining I'll help you up in a moment." Bage turned toward Swift Blade, chuckling. "What do you think Swift, have they got what it takes?" Swift looked over the recruits, all of them panting and struggling to stay standing.

"Yeah, they'll be kicking changeling flank in no time. I'm glad you weren't around when I was a recruit, I don't think I'd have made it past the first week." Swift joked.

"Trust me, if I had been here when you were a recruit, the last thing on my mind would have been teaching." Bage walked over and lifted Shining to his hooves, and unstrapped his armor, as he gave a sigh of relief.

"How do you walk around with so much weight, every day?" Shining asked, as he watched Bage place the armor back into the crate, and mark it with Shining's initials.

"It's simple. From what I've been able to figure out, your planet is smaller than mine was. The smaller size means weaker gravity. I'd say your planets gravity is just under half of what I'm used to." Bage explained.

"So you're just used to it from birth?" Shining stood up and shakily walked over to lean on a support beam.

"Not really, no. I was in a sort of birth pod. When my body was strong enough to experience the stronger gravity, I was able to train and get used to it. It's how saiyans are so powerful. Stronger gravity means more intense training. More intense training means a higher power level. But even if you aren't a saiyan, this is still good training. If you can move at your normal pace while wearing 50 kilos, you can move even faster without it." Bage explained, "It's really just about pushing your limits, and reaching a new level of strength."

"Pushing your limits, huh? If wearing heavy armor helps make you powerful, I'm not surprised you and Sunset can do so much damage to each other during your training sessions." Shining got up and walked over to the entrance of the training area.

"Oh, Sunset doesn't wear weighted gear. That power is all her, If she did wear weighted gear, she wouldn't be equal to me in terms of strength. I had to wear this just to get down to her level. I've just gotten so used to it I never take it off." Bage tapped the chestplate he was wearing with a knuckle.

"She got to that level purely by her own skill? Geez, no wonder she's Celestias' student. It makes sense you two are a couple." Shining said, confusing Bage.

"Wait, couple? What do you mean? We're training partners." Bage looked down at him, his eyebrow raised.

"Well, you two are always training together, and you seemed pretty close, so I just assumed you two were... you know..." Shining waved his hoof, hoping Bage would pick up on it.

"I know... what?" Now it was Shining's turn to be confused.

"Well, dating, you know? Romantically involved? Mates?" Bages' eyes went wide, his face going cherry red.

"WOAH, WHAT?! Where the hell did you get that idea? We aren't like that! We aren't even the same species! I'm pretty sure that Sunset would kill you if she heard you say that. Trust me, things aren't like that between us." Bage went a little green just thinking about it. Doing something like that with Sunset, it didn't sit right in his mind.

"Ok, don't blow a gasket on me. It was just a misunderstanding, I guess. To be fair though, it wouldn't be unusual for a pony to date outside their species, just putting it out there," Shining said quickly, as Bage leveled a glare at him.

"Just remember Shining, I can always make your training a thousand times more difficult from now on. Watch what you say." Bage gave him a quick nudge with his knee, before turning into the dining hall.

"Heh, right. I feel like I'm going to regret that tomorrow morning," He muttered before heading back towards the guard barracks.


----------------------------------

The next morning brought a new type of training; Invasion Drills. The entirety of Canterlot was put on high alert, to simulate the event of an invasion as best as possible. A select few guards were tasked to imitate possible changeling invaders, and the rest of the guards were tasked with figuring out who among them were 'changelings' and capture them. The drill was mostly successful, with nine out of ten 'changelings' captured and restrained. Bage found the whole process tedious, considering most of the guards couldn't act worth a damn, the only one that could was Blown Cover, a recently enlisted recruit that was a master of taking on false identities.

He had even managed to fool Swift Blade, who knew nearly every guard by their looks. "Alright colts, job well done. These drills are gonna be done every other day, same time, until we can properly identify when somepony is acting strangely every single time. I want you all to pick up on even the smallest minute detail that could be off; their nightly routine, bathroom habits, dietary habits, the whole kit and caboodle." Swift Blade paced back and forth in front of the line of guards, eyeing them all up with a look of scrutiny. Some of the guards grimace at the mention of 'bathroom habits', something Swift picked up on. "Oh, don't give me those looks. We know next to nothing about these invasive pests. The more we know about each other, the better we can detect when something is off. Camaraderie is our best defense right now. If we know each other like the backs of our hooves, we can sniff out any deceptive bugs trying to work their way through our ranks. They'll try anything they can to break us apart from the inside."

Bage noticed something out of the corner of his eye, a flash of green from the end of the line up. He glanced over, but saw nothing out of the ordinary, aside from a pegasus guard shuffling back into position. 'Wait, why was he out of position?' He walked over to the guard, staring him down. The guard glanced up at him, sweating. "Hot day today? It seems pretty cool out to me. Then again, I guess that armor does you no favors. What's your name, anyway?" Bage interrogated, as the guard began to shake.

"Oh, um. I'm... Steel Wing. Private Steel Wing, sir." The guard gave a quick salute, and Bage narrowed his eyes. In a flash of movement, Bage had the guard by the throat, and slammed him against the wall.

"BAGE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! PUT HIM DOWN!" Swift Blade shouted, but Bage ignored him.

"No can do. This isn't one of ours." Bage pressed the guard against the wall, as he struggled to break free. "If he was a pegasus, he would be lighter. You can't change your weight, can you?" The guard began to violently pound his hooves against Bages' arms, choking. "I'll let you go if you drop that disguise, or else you're probably gonna die." The guard stared into Bages' eyes, and a green glow appeared over it's head, the disguise burning away as the changeling hissed at him. A wet CRACK echoed through the hall as Bage broke the changelings neck, and it fell limp. "Ok, I lied. But I wasn't really gonna let you go anyway." Bage dropped the changeling to floor with a soft FFTHUMP as it flumped over.

"H-how the hell did you know? That energy sensing thing?" Swift asked, but Bage shook his head.

"Nah, I can't sense the difference between these guys and a pony. He just jumped into the line while your back was turned, and I saw the flash of green when he took that form," Bage explained. The other guards stared at the corpse on the floor, shocked and a little disgusted. "Well, is that enough of a reason for you all to listen to Swift? They'll try anything to infiltrate, and you won't be able to tell the difference." Bage picked the changeling up, tossed it into the air, and fired a blast at it, vaporizing the corpse and leaving no trace. "Something tells me this won't be the last time this happens either." Bage stared at the cloud of smoke from his blast, wondering what the changeling queen could be planning.



----------------------------------------------------------------



Chrysalis grit her teeth as she felt one of her changelings suddenly go silent, their screams still echoing in her mind. It had happened so quickly, and she knew that her changelings wouldn't stand a chance against the saiyan. "It seems that I'll have to take care of him myself. His power is immense, well beyond anything I've seen before. He's only become more powerful in these past few years."

Chrysalis looked out over the rudimentary training area, as her changelings all sparred with each other in order to train for the coming invasion. "How many more of my children will die at his hands? Would he spare any of them? Or are we really just vermin in his eyes? To think, that a creature from beyond Equis could hold such power, such strength." She walked back to her throne, her rage boiling at the thought of the wretched saiyan.

"When we meet in battle, Bage, I shall give no mercy. Your broken body will be hung over my throne like a trophy. I'll make you watch as those you sought to protect are drained of their love, until they're nothing but used up husks!" Her shout echoed through the throne room. The invasion of Canterlot was drawing closer, and she would make sure that Bage was the first to be broken by her will.

Bage (weighted Gear) Power Level: 17000

Sunset Power Level:17000

Author's Note:

I had a bit of trouble with this chapter. I kept hitting blocks and had to rewrite a few sections until it felt right.

PreviousChapters Next