• Published 19th Oct 2023
  • 1,931 Views, 101 Comments

My new Changeling life - Leonedavis



Imprisoned in a life marked by solitude and monotony, he sees his existence shift into a surreal strangeness. A new opportunity to become someone better and happier ?

  • ...
11
 101
 1,931

18 Love advice

I entered the hotel room, locking the door behind me, savoring the respite after this eventful day. The room was modest but welcoming, offering much-needed comfort. I collapsed onto the bed, feeling my sore muscles gradually relax.

Reverting to my changeling form in hopes of recovering more quickly, I noticed that my carapace seemed slightly bluish before it began to tremble. A strange sensation ran through my entire body. The room seemed to spin around me, and blurry visions danced before my eyes. The room's temperature fluctuated between stifling heat and icy cold.

I winced slightly as I fought the urge to vomit, feeling my wings flutter involuntarily while shivers ran through my entire being, leading me into growing darkness.


I woke up in the hotel room, my head heavy, and my body aching. The room's dim light gave me a slight dizziness. My wings were folded against me, and I felt an unusual weakness throughout my being.

A faint groan escaped my lips as I tried to sit up. Every movement seemed to require superhuman effort, and the lingering pain in my muscles reminded me of the harshness of the battle.

Taking on my Pegasus form to ease my movements, I struggled to get up from the bed. The room swayed slightly, and I had to lean against the wall to regain my balance, letting out a soft sigh.

Heading down to the inn while holding my head, I sought a cup of coffee to try to dispel the unpleasant sensation enveloping my skull.

Arriving at the reception level, a young foal stood behind the counter. I smiled lightly at him, "Good morning, little one. Do you know where I can get some coffee?"

The young foal behind the counter looked up and smiled at me. "Hello! Coffee is served at breakfast in the dining room. It's included in your stay at the hotel."

A sense of relief washed over me at the thought of enjoying an included breakfast. "Perfect, thank you. Where can I find the dining room?"

The foal pointed a hoof towards an adjacent corridor. "Just follow this corridor, and you'll find it on your left. Enjoy your meal!"

I thanked him with a nod and headed towards the dining room. A delightful aroma of fresh coffee and pastries guided me to my destination, where I found Isao and Bulky having breakfast together.

I decided to observe them from a corner to ease my headache. I ate my croissant and sipped my coffee leisurely while listening distractedly to the lively conversations resonating in the dining room. Isao and Bulky seemed to be joyfully discussing their discoveries in the city, sharing occasional laughter.

Isao appeared passionate as she described the various shops and attractions in the city, while Bulky burst into laughter at her anecdotes. Their laughter was contagious, and despite my persistent fatigue, I couldn't help but smile as I listened.

The headache was slowly fading, replaced by a sense of well-being as I got carried away by the lively atmosphere in the dining room. After all, there's nothing like a good breakfast to start the day on the right hoof.

I took my last bite of the croissant when a subtle movement caught my attention: Bulky's hind leg was subtly caressing Isao's. A smirk crossed my face before I finished my last bite.

I rose calmly, heading towards their table. I noticed that, as I approached, Bulky's leg quickly returned to its place. "Hello, ladies," I said lightly, joining them at the table. Bulky and Isao exchanged a knowing look, seeming slightly surprised by my presence.

"Hello, Thunder," Isao responded with a mischievous smile, while Bulky nodded slightly. "Have you finally decided to join us?"

I nodded while chuckling softly. "Well, I couldn't resist the call of coffee and croissants. Plus, I didn't want to miss the chance to enjoy your pleasant company."

Bulky smiled, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "That's kind of you."

I smiled, shrugging. "I'm going to check that everything is in order at the warehouse. You can probably continue your city tours. Oh, and don't forget to find some customers during your shopping."

Both girls burst into laughter, clearly understanding the implication. "Oh, don't worry, Thunder, we have our ways of doing business," Isao declared with a complicit wink.

I bid them farewell and walked away from the table. "See you later, ladies."


I did a quick tour of the warehouse, making sure everything was in place, before allowing myself some sightseeing. I headed towards the massive crystal tower at the center of the city, noticing the peculiar layout of the streets surrounding it.

Taking off from the ground with a slight groan, I gained altitude for a better overview. My suspicions were confirmed: the streets formed a snowflake pattern around the tower, which seemed to be the central point of the city. The crystal buildings added a welcome touch of color to the scenery.

I rested for a moment, my muscles slightly aching, and then decided to approach the tower. I wondered if I could find a souvenir for Onyx; this thought stressed me slightly, remembering the promise I had made to her.

As I strolled through the magically enchanting streets of the city, an elegant crystal spa caught my eye. A little relaxation wouldn't hurt, I thought. I pushed the spa door open and was greeted by a gentle wave of warmth.

Inside, everything was bathed in a soothing glow emanating from the crystals adorning the walls. A crystal earth pony joyfully welcomed me, "Hello, I'm Serene Glow. How may I assist you today, sir?"

I smiled lightly at this pony, "Thunder. I could use some relaxation... what can you offer me?"

Serene Glow looked at me with a warm smile. "We have several options to help you relax. A soothing crystal massage or a relaxing bath with crystal essences, or perhaps the premium service, a crystal mud bath."

I pondered for a moment and then decided to go for the premium service; after all if it could help me relax.


As I slowly immersed myself in the warm mixture of mud and sparkling crystals, a soothing sensation engulfed my entire being. The crystals seemed to release a benevolent energy, relaxing my sore muscles.

Serene Glow had taken care to create a relaxing atmosphere, with scented candles and soft music resonating in the room. While enjoying this luxurious experience, I casually placed two cucumber slices over my closed eyes, sighing softly.

I sensed someone settling nearby and smiled lightly, hearing a gentle feminine sigh.

I stretched my legs slightly before hearing a female voice. "It's relaxing, isn't it?"

I lifted my head slightly, eyes still closed, and replied with a hint of arrogance, "Oh, you know, after facing a manticore, changelings, and surviving the Badlands. I think I unconsciously needed it."

The female voice emitted a light laugh. "Really? You lead quite an eventful life, it seems."

Her voice comforted me and made me feel like talking. "And yet, the greatest challenge awaited me in Canterlot."

Her voice was soft. "Love awaits you?"

I smiled tenderly. "Yes, the greatest adventure a pony can experience."

The female voice let out a melodic chuckle. "Love, an adventure full of surprises. Are you looking for someone special, perhaps?"

I slightly opened my eyes, allowing a ray of light through the cucumber slices. "No, I've found him, but I'm afraid he'll run away if I tell him certain things about me."

The female voice continued to speak to me gently, "Love is a powerful force, but truth and authenticity are the strongest foundations. If that love is truly special, he deserves to know all facets of the person you are."

I relaxed even more in the mud bath, finding unexpected comfort in the words of this stranger." Sometimes, vulnerability can strengthen bonds. If you share your fears and true feelings, it can create an even deeper connection."

I sat up slightly in the mud bath, my eyes still concealed behind cucumber slices. "You seem well-informed on the subject." I shifted them slightly to see a pink alicorn with a violet mane looking at me benevolently, and I recognized her instantly.

Princess Cadance smiled warmly. "Love is my specialty, after all." My heart raced in my chest; she was the one the queen had abducted.

I lowered my head in shame. "I'm sorry..." She seemed not to understand.

She tilted her head slightly. "It's okay; you couldn't have known it was me."

I have to admit that despite the crystals, mud, and music, I was still relaxed, but I felt guilty. Equestria was full of surprises and seemed to have a twisted sense of humor. One of the individuals who probably despises my kind the most is giving me advice on love.

Her voice was still gentle. "You should see the Crystal Heart before leaving the city."


I stepped out of the spa, my limbs still aching, but I had never felt so relaxed. After receiving my payment, I considered perhaps inviting the two before our departure.

I strolled slowly toward the city center. In the distance, a crystal heart shimmered faintly. The closer I got, the more the light seemed benevolent, and a gentle warmth enveloped my coat.

A slow smile spread across my face. Yes, I know I matter to someone. I lingered for a few moments before moving away, taking a detour into a souvenir shop to buy a representation of the Crystal Heart and a book about a play, thinking it would please Onyx.

I went searching for Isao and Bulky, wondering where they might be. After several hours of fruitless searching through the different streets, I eventually returned to wait for them at the inn.