• Published 2nd Oct 2023
  • 420 Views, 71 Comments

Family Trip - TheKing2001



Sunset goes on a strictly family only roadtrip, learning about her mother and aunts in the process

  • ...
0
 71
 420

Chapter VIII


Diamond Tiara


“You did what?” Mom demanded as Scootaloo flinched slightly. Sunset, Berry, Minuette and Cherry all gave her disapproving looks as Silver Spoon, myself and Ruby watched quietly.

“I know it was stupid,” Scootaloo sighed as she tossed a ball in the air. “A lot of stuff I’ve done recently is stupid.”

“Talk about an understatement of the century,” Silver Spoon muttered as I whapped her upside the back of her head. “Ow!”

“Girls, no fighting,” Mom chided and shifted her focus back on Scootaloo. “You could have drowned or worse if it wasn’t for Cherrys overactive bladder.”

“I don’t know how I should take that,” Aunt Cherry said under her breath as she rolled her eyes.

“Point is, there are bears in these woods along with wolves and other creatures. Imagine if one of them found you instead of Cherry. We wouldn’t be having this conversation with you right now if so,” Mom said as she folded her arms.

“So? Sunset or yourself wouldn’t have asked for help.”

“Oh that’s funny,” Sunset snickered as she and Mom shared a look. “You know who helped me out the most recently this past year? Mom. And my aunts of course, but Mom was there first. And she only knew I needed help because I communicated.”

“Sunset is correct,” I said as they glanced at me. “Communication is difficult for you because you think it’s weakness, but it isn’t and I know that’s ironic coming from me, a former bully who never talked about her home life, but it’s true.”

And people thought I was the crazy one. At least I don’t run off into the woods late into the night on some sort of weird fear conquering quest like she did.

“Fine,” Scootaloo sighed. “I laid it all out. Are we good now?”

“Seriously?” Aunt Berry said and folded her arms. “No we aren’t. We’re gonna get you over this but we aren’t going to make you camp out here. We were leaving today to go into New York anyway.”

“For what?”

“You afraid of heights?” Mom asked with a smirk.

“I’m a pegasus, remember? I’m not afraid of heights. Why?”

“You’ll see. Let’s get walking back to the truck.”


“What’s with you?” I asked Sunset curiously as we continued our long walk back to the car. Sunset had been oddly quiet this entire walk.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you’re being quiet and not your normally loud self so what gives?”

“I guess I miss my other siblings. Believe it or not, Nightmare Night or Halloween as you call it, was actually Spitfires favorite holiday. It most likely isn’t anymore because we’re grown now but yeah,” Sunset said and smiled slightly. “Halloween is the exact same as Nightmare Night. It’s Christmas that’s completely different.”

“Why don’t you just invite them then?”

“Can’t. Wonderbolts are doing something that day. Some Nightmare Night air show in Manehattan. But they are coming here for Thanksgiving and Christmas apparently.”

“Oh?” I asked as Sunset nodded. “Random question.”

“Shoot.”

“Whens your birthday? Mine is November third along with Silver Spoons, Scootaloo is in January, Moms is in February along with Aunt Berry and Aunt Minuette, Aunt Cherry was August and Ruby is October,” I pointed as the others slowed down to walk with us.

“She’s right,” Mom said as she glanced over at Sunset with a worried expression. “We didn’t miss it, did we?”

“No it’s this month. You didn’t miss last year because I wasn’t adopted until November.”

“Thank God for that,” Mom sighed in relief. “I’d feel awful for not doing anything on your birthday. Heck, I feel bad for not asking till now!”

“Don’t be. I wasn’t exactly in a healthy mindset for a party back then. If we do anything, I just want something small with all of us. And Derpy of course. After all, she might be family one,” Sunset winked as Mom nodded.

“Don’t remind me. It’s already crazy you turning eighteen. Don’t even get me started on you getting married one day,” Mom grunted as Sunset laughed.

“You know, you always were my role model. Granted, for less than good reasons back when you were a bully. I always did admire the way you manipulated and tore apart the school. Heck, you were the inspiration for how I bullied Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom,” I said casually as the others frowned.

“Thanks. I think?” Sunset said uncertainty as she raised an eyebrow.

“No really,” I said and held up a hand. “But you also went on your redemption quest, which inspired me and Silver Spoon both to become better people. That’s a reason I was on the roof. I had a feeling after anon a miss ended that’s where you would go to think. I followed you there multiple times.”

“I don’t know how I should feel about you stalking me.”

“I may have not thought that through but it turned out okay. We were scarily similar. Both bullies, both got redeemed, both got partners.”

Sunset shrugged as she suddenly wrapped an arm around me and gave a smug grin.

“Guess we three are similar aren’t we?” Sunset winked as her grin widened. “Scootaloo and I like sports, mainly hockey and video games. You three have each came a long way. I remember admiring you bullying back then, now I admire you for a completely different reason. I even considered taking you under my wing back then but Snips and Snails were easier to control.”

That made sense. Probably why Trixie uses them as her other assistants when Lavender and Fuchsia are both busy or sick. I had considered using them as lackeys myself at one point but they don’t really have that many brain cells admittedly. I remember Trixie had enjoyed rubbing her friendship with Sunset in the Rainbooms faces after anon a miss extensively. I don’t blame her. I would have too. Silver Spoon and I both knew she was innocent and had tried to clear her name. Mainly by doing our individual investigation.

“Anyway, we’re almost to the car and I gotta use the girls room. Be right back,” Sunset said as she walked faster.

“Hey Mom?”

“Yeah?”

“You’re not actually doing a small party for Sunset, are you?” I asked as Mom gave me a large grin.

“Oh of course not.”