• Published 2nd Oct 2023
  • 420 Views, 71 Comments

Family Trip - TheKing2001



Sunset goes on a strictly family only roadtrip, learning about her mother and aunts in the process

  • ...
0
 71
 420

Chapter XVII


Blueberry Cake


I hate waking up. And school. Not because of it being school, but the people always wear clashing colors other Rarity, Sunny Flare and myself.

“So how was your morning?” Tennis Match asked as we both leaned against the Wondercolt statue. My athlete friend was wearing her typical year shorts under her white dress with a tennis ball on the front and knee high boots. A tennis racket leaned next to her blue back pack with tennis ball stitched on the front.

“Decent,” I grumbled and wrapped my hand around a steaming cup of coffee. “You?”

“Oh it was good. You look nice today,” Tennis Match commented as she looked at my blue dress with a cupcake on the front with pink icing and a cherry on top.

“Thanks.”

“I should be careful complimenting you. Last time Nolan thought I was flirting with you and he got made,” Tennis Match snickered as I laughed.

Nolan had a pretty jealous personality. One of the main reasons I had left him was he got mad at my friends a lot. I could slightly understand my male friends but not my girl friends.

“I know right?” I giggled as we finished laughing.

“Like I’m straight,” Tennis Match continued as we watched the sun rise and a few more class mates come onto school property. “And so are you.”

“Yep,” I agreed instantly. I pulled out my phone and turned the camera on as we both posed for a selfie.

“Uhm Blueberry,” Tennis Match said nervously as I watched her shift out of the corner of my eye.

“Mhm?”

“What’s happening with the statue?” She asked and pointed nervously behind me as I looked, my eyes widening. The statue was swirling pink and I gulped in fear.

“Ow!” I yelped and rubbed my head as a present shot out and hit me in the head.

“Oof!” Tennis Match grunted as she got hit in the head by a different present. The one I got hit with had a red bow and paper that had three flames on it.

“To Sunset from Spitfire,” I read out as I picked up the present. “Happy birthday.”

“To Sunset from Sunburst,” Tennis Match read as she picked up the present with a blue bow and a paper with a sun and stars on it. “Happy birthday.”

“Who the heck are these people?” I asked as we looked at each other and stood up, stepping away as the statue swirled pink again. “And why is random objects shooting out of our statue?”

“And when is Sunset’s birthday?” Tennis Match asked as she looked back down. A pink women shot out of the statue as we both gulped, stepping back.

“Counselor Cadence?” I asked in disbelief. “Uh what just happened?”

“Counselor Cadence huh?” Cadence asked with a smirk as she looked and pushed her self up. “Ah they there are. What are your names?”

“Tennis Match.”

“Blueberry Cake.”

“Nice to meet you both. I’m Princess Cadence. Please make sure those get to Sunset Shimmer. Oh and this book!” Cadence announced as she held out a book that had fallen behind her. “I must be going back now. Thank you both. I’ll be sure to send some bits your way.”

We both watched in stunned silence as she disappeared back through the statue and I looked at the book she had placed on top of the present I held.

“Did she just walk through concrete?” Tennis asked as I shrugged.

“I guess so.”


“So we find Sunset and give her the gifts right?” Tennis asked curiously as we walked down the halls, looking for the fiery haired girl with the two presents tucked under our arms and the book in my left hand.

“Correct. I mean, they are hers after all,” I reasoned as we passed by some classmates running. “It’s only right, after she’s saved the school a few times.”

“True that!” Tennis Match grinned as she shifted her backpack. “Couldn’t we have dropped off our stuff first? Or waited till after school to find her? She always waits with Miss Cheerilee in her classroom while her mom does some grading and such.”

I suppose she had a point. I had been one of the few people who knew Sunset had been adopted, strictly because of I was in the bathroom when Sunset and Applejack were talking about it and was sworn to secrecy. I wasn’t about to say no with two scary girls in front of me.

“We can after. This is important,” I answered as we both looked around. I grinned internally at the fiery hair around the corner and pointed.

“Hey wait!” Tennis Match called out as we ran around the corner and froze.

“Yes?” Spitfire asked as she placed her hands on her hips, looking impatient. “Well? What do you need?”

“Sorry we thought you were Sunset,” I sighed as Spitfire sighed.

“I always get confused with her,” Spitfire explained. “She was right behind me. We both got history with Mr. Doodle. See you two later.”

We watched as Spitfire continued walking down the hall and we gave each other confused looks.

“Wait, didn’t one of the gifts say from Spitfire?” I asked and looked at mine to confirm it.

“Excuse me,” a voice came from behind us and we spun around. Sunset stood behind us with Rainbow and Vinyl.

“Sunset! We were looking for you!” I said with a grin as Sunset raised an eyebrow. I held out the book and present as Tennis Match held out her own. Rainbow and Vinyl gave each other nervous looks as Sunset’s eyebrow raised higher.

“What are these?” Sunset asked as she took them.

“They came through the statue. Hit us both in the head. And then a Princess Cadence came through and asked us to give them to you,” Tennis Match explained as Sunset blushed faintly.

“Oh well thank you both for delivering them to me,” Sunset smiled warmly at us and I nodded. “I will leave my number in your guys lockers. We can go get shakes sometime.”

“Oh and happy birthday!” I called out as we stepped aside and she started walking down the hall with the other two.

“Happy birthday!” Tennis Match shouted as Sunset waved.

“Thank you!” Sunset called back as she disappeared around a corner.

“That felt good, didn’t it?” Tennis Match asked as we both smiled.

“Yeah, yeah it did.”