• Published 1st Aug 2023
  • 263 Views, 8 Comments

A Canterlot Gala - Gold Meddle



How many changelings does it take to foal up a gala? Zero, but more couldn't hurt!

  • ...
1
 8
 263

The Farmer and the Hyper

Spotting her two earth pony targets heading toward the gardens, Chrysalis caught up to them.

"Hey, Prince!" called out Applejack. "Have you seen Rainbow?"

"Not since I had her taken away."

"Shoot, I was hoping you'd keep an eye on her."

"Do I look like some sort of tyrant?"

"...Permission to speak honestly?"

"Denied."

Pinkie chimed in. "We're not looking for Dash and we wouldn't appreciate your help!"

"And don't say she's better off lost. She might've been uppity, but she didn't get her licks on anypony."

"Why would she lick somepony? She's not some blue dog."

A cough came from Chrysalis. "If we may get back on topic, you two were looking for your feathered friend?"

"Sugary sure!"

"Have you asked your other friends?"

Applejack slumped. "That's the thing, we can't find any of them either, aside from Twi..." she straightened up. "Weren't you with Fluttershy?"

"Yes, I had a gay old time chasing--"

"Help! Someone, help me!" came a shout, nothing shy of terrified. "Some horrible monster is after me!"

While Pinkie gasped, Applejack set off in the direction of the shout. "Hang on, Fluttershy! We're coming!" She was confidently leading their two-pony rescue team before finding herself suddenly launched in the air.

Pinkie ground to a halt, staring up at the net holding her. "Applejack!"

"Consarn it, get me down!"

Pinkie hopped, hopped, and hopped again. "I can't reach!"

"Blueblood!" She twisted around. "Help a gal out, would you?"

The face of Fluttershy popped out of a bush. "I wouldn't."

==========

"Aren't we forgetting something?" the servant asked his partner as they heaved the burlap sack up a set of stairs.

"Don't ask me, I'm still reeling from Queen Horrible Monster's smack."

In the distance, a lone tree's branches shook with a nonexistent wind.