• Published 1st Aug 2023
  • 263 Views, 8 Comments

A Canterlot Gala - Gold Meddle



How many changelings does it take to foal up a gala? Zero, but more couldn't hurt!

  • ...
1
 8
 263

Six Ways to Sun-Slay

"I thought you'd lose interest by now," uttered Chrysalis as she entered the music hall.

Rarity followed closely. "I've found my prince, and I'll have my mane shaved before I let go of him."

Chrysalis stifled a contemplative hum. "Say, have I shown you the--"

"Rarity!" interrupted a pink pony perched on the stage, flanked by--

"Oh, for the love of..." lamented Chrysalis. "Friend?"

Rarity cracked a smile. "Quite. Pinkie Pie, meet Prince Blueblood. He's the one who freed Rainbow--"

"Wow! I didn't know she got captured, but who am I to judge how a pony has fun?" Pinkie turned to Chrysalis and began shaking her hoof. "Thank you so much for letting her out!"

"--after ordering her arrest."

The hoofshake kept going for a few seconds more before abruptly stopping. "Oh."

Applejack butted in. "She brought it on herself."

"Did not!" huffed Dash.

"Girls, please, you're making a scene," Fluttershy tacked on.

Chrysalis put a hoof to her head. "Well, isn't this a bona fide reunion. Have you any more friends I've yet to meet?"

Rarity couldn't hide her grin as she looked behind Chrysalis. Following her gaze, she saw none other than Celestia entering, prompting all ponies and the better-trained changelings to bow.

"Princess, I had no idea your social circle extended all the way to...what was it, Pony Hill?"

"Ponyville," corrected a unicorn at her side.

"My star pupil, Twilight Sparkle; His Highness, Prince Blueblood," stated Celestia.

"Oh, it's an honor!" said Twilight, raising her tired foreleg.

Chrysalis briskly shook it. "I'm sure it is." She took a step back as the mares exchanged stories.

A tap on the back brought her attention to Celestia. "I'd prefer it if you exercised some leniency with our national heroines in future."

"These six?" she glanced at them. "I suppose that explains how they managed to secure their tickets."

"A bargain, if you ask me. They've secured the future of Equestria."

"So they have." She tugged at her illusory collar. "Miss Rarity, I just remembered I was supposed to check up on the staff, would you excuse me?"

Rarity's smile faltered before she glanced back at her friends. "Of course, take all the time you need."