• Published 1st Aug 2023
  • 263 Views, 8 Comments

A Canterlot Gala - Gold Meddle



How many changelings does it take to foal up a gala? Zero, but more couldn't hurt!

  • ...
1
 8
 263

Bagel Blues

Joe looked at his only customer with some worry. "Don't you think you've had enough?"

"Another donut, extra sprinkles!" insisted Spike.

Reluctantly, he served him yet another sugary step toward diabetes. So young, yet already so self-destructive. It was almost impressive.

"I had a big plan for tonight," said Spike between bites of his casket gasket. "I figured out what all my friends would like, made a schedule for the night, but as soon as we got here, they all split off and left me behind."

"Sounds like they had plans of their own."

"Yeah, but I thought they'd at least hear me out."

Joe thought for a bit. "Look at it this way--they all waited a long time for this, dreaming up the perfect night. They're not gonna let anypony, even their best friends, get in the way of those dreams."

Spike swallowed the last bite of his donut. "When you put it that way, I guess it makes sense."

"Who knows, some of them might be done already. Night's still young, lots of time left for you to show them around."

"You're right! I should go back, thanks, Joe!"

"You're welcome," replied Joe, watching in mild disbelief as the stuffed drake somehow managed to carry himself out of the shop.

==========

"A white unicorn with a purple mane?" asked the well-dressed pony.

"Yeah, seen her?" confirmed Spike.

"Yes, actually. I think she was heading for the, ah...train station, that was it!"

"A--Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

Spike hastily brought out his watch. "Shoot, the last train to Ponyville leaves in five minutes!"

"Better hurry, little one."

Running off, Spike shouted something that might have been a "thank you" by way of "appreciate it".

"I love kids," thought Chrysalis as she waved him off, "so gullible."