• Published 29th Sep 2012
  • 1,970 Views, 28 Comments

PONY OR DIE 1 - MLPG



Collection of short stories all in a chain going from picture to story to picture from MLPG

  • ...
1
 28
 1,970

Entry 12 and 13

Entry 12, by Soup

Entry 13, by BradMayFan


Pone or Die: I swear I wasn't on acid when I wrote this edition
"Just what the hay are those two doing over there?" Pinkie asked herself quietly from inside her lush hiding place. In the distance she was able to see Twilight and Zecora standing in the middle of the field. The sun hovered high above the town in the distance, baking the ground to make this one of the hottest days ever on record. Surrounding the two was a litany of various coloured crates and packages. All of these were stacked around the base of Ponyville's wind turbine, silently turning in the breeze. From the distance she was unable to make out what was being said by either of them, but from their body language she could tell that neither was too happy with the situation. She decided to try and get a better position.

Looking around, she saw an easily climbable tree. She hoped that from the top of it she would be able to catch a few of their words carried on the breeze. She bounded from branch to branch, settling in near the top, her head comically peeking through the top of the foliage. At the top of the tree she felt the breeze in her mane and was finally able to hear what was being said. She strained to make out each word, but was able to make out Twilight. "Zecora! Just what are we going to do about this! If you don't fix it soon the whole town will be changed!"

"I just do not understand. This wasn't at all what I had planned." Zecora said looking sheepishly at the ground.

"That doesn't matter right now! We need to fix this before anyone else gets hurt!" She motioned to the purple crate, "First Spike," she pointed to the purple one, "then Cheerilee", she pointed to the final red box, "and then Big Mac!"

"I assure you Twilight Sparkle. I do not find this worth a chuckle."

"No kidding! Thanks to your weird potions any pony who comes within twenty feet of me gets turned into a box!"

At this, Pinkie let her helpfulness get ahead of her comprehension of exactly what her friend had said. In her usual gravity-defying way, she jumped up through the top of the tree. She landed weightlessly on top of the leaves with her big goofy smile plastered across her face. "I think I can help Twilight!" she said as she bounded off the tree and towards the other two. Zecora and Twilight both turned and looked in horror at the approaching pinkness.

"Pinkie no! Stop!" Twilight screamed, but it was too late. Mid-bounce, she was surrounded by the purple aura of Twilight's magic. Before she realized what was wrong, she transformed into a pink cardboard box. She fell to the ground with a great flop. Zecora and Twilight stared in horror at their transformed friend.

"To the Library! Quickly!" Exclaimed Zecora. The two took off towards town, Twilight hoped that the heat of midday and the still lingering apprehension over Zecora would keep most ponies off the street.

In the middle of town, Rumble was sitting on the stoop of Cloudchaser and Flitter's house, waiting for his brother to finish up whatever he was doing inside. He was sitting in the blistering heat with his lucky red cap on trying to shield his face from the harsh rays. He watched as the sweat dripped off his face and pooled on the concrete. Looking to his left there was nothing but heat waves radiating off the paving stones. To his left he saw two figures shimmering through the heat. They both seemed to be running, obviously in a hurry to get somewhere. Rumble was so tiny his grey coat blended right into the steps, neither of the incoming figures seemed to notice him. As the two passed right in front of him, he saw a purple aura surround him. Before he knew what had happened, he had been transformed into a box. His lucky red hat perched on top of it.


Thunderlane finally opened the door, wiping his brow as he waved goodbye to Cloudchaser and Flitter. Both of them giggled when he promised to see them again soon. From the stoop, he said, "Hey sport, you hanging in there?" He looked down, seeing only a cardboard box with a red cap sitting on top. He took a step back in shock, "Oh Celestia! That's his lucky red hat He's a box!" Falling to his knees he cried out, "My boy's a box!" He cursed the heavens, "Damn you! A box!"

Twilight and Zecora raced into to the Library. "Thank Celestia we didn't come across anyone." Zecora nodded in agreement. Twilight began searching her shelves for a spell book that might have an answer. She was lucky enough, on the second shelf she saw exactly what she was looking for. She read the title aloud to Zecora, "Spells to Fix Ponies Turning Into Boxes in Your Presence," she turned to look at Zecora, "That was simple enough." Zecora rolled her eyes. Twilight carried the book with her magic to the reading lectern and opened it. It opened to a blank page, Twilight pulled her head back in shock. She flipped through the pages, all of them were blank except for the very middle page.

She read it to herself, "In order to reverse the curse and turn everypony back to themselves, one must close their eyes and recite the square root of five-hundred-forty-six." Twilight's eyes light up, she looked at Zecora and stated in a flat tone, "Don't ask how I know this." She moved to the middle of the room and closed her eyes, "Let's do this. Twenty-three point three-six-six-six-four-two-eight-nine-one-zero-nine." A bright ball of purple energy gathered at the tip of her horn, filling the Library with light. The light grew and grew until it was too bright to see anything. When it finally died away, seemingly nothing had changed. Twilight was worried and exhausted, she hoped that the spell had worked. She looked out the window to see Thunderlane frantically carrying his brother over his head screaming something about boxes. Twilight collapsed happy that everything was back to normal. From the floor she way Zecora close the door behind herself. With her last ounce of strength she mumbled under her breath, "Got to remember not to trust Zebras." She fell asleep quickly.