• Published 4th Aug 2023
  • 1,093 Views, 5 Comments

The Rise of a Sentry - AndrewGamerGL



A Story about Flash Sentry's Journey through life.

  • ...
9
 5
 1,093

Chapter 5: A Brave Defense

A few years have now passed by, and Flash Sentry is now in his early twenty's, so, pretty much a fully grown Stallion now, but still relatively young, and Flash has now been quite a relaxed and happy pony, even though his work was still a bit tiring and difficult, that was really the only thing he had to worry or complain about, cause he had two very kind ponies who took him under their shelter, genuinely cared about him and even took care of his basic needs, during the weekends, he has so much time now, that he would even be able to practice a few new flying tricks and whenever it turned nighttime, Flash would often write about the things and stuff that has been going on in his life in his journal, and he would write an update almost every month.

One Night in spring, it was dinner time for the group, and while they were enjoying eating their dinner, Flash let his caretakers know in on some big news...

"So, uhh, guys, I have a bit of an announcement"

"Go on, tell us"

"Well, after a few years of my work, it now seems like I have enough bits to buy a house for myself now"

"That's Great, we're really happy for you"

"Tomorrow morning, i'm going to start looking for some flats, may take a little while, but by the end of the week, I think I can find a suitable one for me to live in"

Mr. And Mrs. Shropsharp were of course very happy for Flash, but they were also a bit sad that it meant that he had to leave them too, and they started to tear up a bit.

"That's Great Flash, but, we-we're really going to miss you"

"Yeah, you've given our home so much more life than it once used to have"

Flash started tearing up himself a little too.

"I'm really going to miss you guys too, you two are such kind, loving and caring ponies, you've given me so much more than I've ever dreamed of receiving, and I thank you so much for that, but hey, if possible, I'll try to come by and visit you guys whenever I have the time"

"That would be great my friend"

Flash then gave them both a big hug before they continued eating.

Later that night, it was now late, around eleven PM, and Mr. And Mrs. Shropsharp were well asleep, but Flash was still very much awake and alert at this time, writing on his journal. But then, from a small distance away from the house, Flash heard screaming coming from near Canterlot Castle, and Flash couldn't resist to fly outside the house and see what was going on from the distance, and what he saw was a Pegasus Stallion, trying to steal a bag from a Unicorn Mare, who refused to give up and kept hanging on to the bag for dear life, the Pegasus then started beating her up physically to try to break her grip on the bag, Flash couldn't believe his eyes, he knew he couldn't let this innocent Made get beat up like that trying to defend herself, so Flash knew he had to step up and do something to help the Made, and that's exactly what he ended up doing. Just as when it looked like the Pegasus was about to seriously hurt and injure the Mare, Flash Sentry flew into the scene, and stood up against the other Pegasus face to face.

"Get out of my way little guy! I have a score to settle with that Mare!"

"I'm sorry sir, but I can't let that happen or let you get away with this on my watch"

"Well then my Fellow Pegasus, you leave me with no choice then"

The Thief and Flash Sentry then fought and brawled around the streets in a Pegasus Flight and Fist fight, and it was getting the attention of other ponies living around that area, and even though Flash ended up getting a few bruises and a slightly busted bleedy lip, the thief was no match for the yellow coated Pegasus in a straight fight, and he eventually had common sense and retreated and ran away as fast as he could away from the scene before any other ponies notice his face.

Once Flash made sure that the thief would not come back and that he was gone from that district for sure, he checked on the slightly bruised Mare to see if she was doing alright.

"Are you okay Ma'am?"

"Yeah, you saved my bag and possibly my life, thank you very much!"

The Mare then hugged Flash, which he gladly accepted, and had even gotten some cheers from the other citizen's living in Canterlot for Flash's brave act, and Flash blushed a little of shyness and humbly took the cheers, including Mr. And Mrs. Shropsharp, who saw the whole thing unfold from a distance away, and also cheered for Flash, he then flew over back to His place and hugged them both.

"That was amazing what you did out there!"

"Are you Crazy? You could have gotten yourself seriously hurt back there!"

"Well, I couldn't let a defenseless Mare there get hurt for no reason, somepony had to give the guy justice"

"Well, we are really proud of you for what you did"

"Aw shucks, it was nothing, thanks guys"

Flash then walked back inside the house with the Shropsharp Family.

"Are you sure we don't need to give you any bandages or aids for your bruises?"

"No thanks guys, i'm good"

"Alrighty then, good night again Flash!"

"Thanks, you too guys, have a good night's sleep!"

Flash Sentry then went back inside his room and crashed onto his bed, he tried to fall back asleep that night, but no matter what, he just couldn't, he kept thinking about how he stepped up against that thief like a hero, and how "Alive" he felt and how exciting it was for him to experience something like that, a feeling Flash wanted to feel again, and more of.

"Heh, that was fun, I wouldn't mind doing something like that again in the future"

Flash then finally after a long hour, managed to fall asleep and peacefully too.

However, what Flash didn't know and didn't see, was when that fight went on and took place, Princess Luna and Shining Armor saw the whole thing unfold from the Balcony, and were very impressed by what the Yellow coated Pegasus did against the thief.

"Shining Armor, I think we might have just found our new castle guard member"