• Published 4th Aug 2023
  • 1,092 Views, 5 Comments

The Rise of a Sentry - AndrewGamerGL



A Story about Flash Sentry's Journey through life.

  • ...
9
 5
 1,092

Chapter 20: Saving a Princess

It has been almost a week since the events of the family meeting had happened, and Flash Sentry had managed to find another job to give him a fairly decent Salary, it was as a Grocery Store Manager, and Flash was set to send his Resignation in about a few hours, but also while Flash was spending sometime in his Guard Post, he would sometimes see Princess Twilight Sparkle fly by his area, and Flash would look at her in a sad motion, and Twilight would do the same each time she saw him, Shining Armor saw this a few times throughout the past few days in the distance, and he was beginning to feel terrible for what he did, and was beginning to consider if he might have made a big mistake, he couldn't stop Flash from sending in his Resignation, and he couldn't really stand seeing either Flash or Twilight in this state, still though, he didn't make any decisions.

It was now around Nighttime, and Spike wasn't around cause he was called up for some kind of emergency in Klugetown, so Twilight was pretty much on her own inside the Castle with a few guards from the outside looking on, and was also handling all the important business for that day, after a while, Twilight was finally done with her tasks, but just as she was about to go rest, a Power Beam almost hit Twilight and hit one of her Castle Pillars instead, and when she turned around and looked behind to see who did it, she saw three faces that she had hoped she would never see again, in what seemed and felt like a Horror Movie Nightmare experience for Twilight, she saw Queen Chrysalis, Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow all standing a few feet away from her, Twilight was in a terrified state, cause they were all fully powered too.

"Hello Princess Twilight, did you miss us?"

"Chrysalis, T-Tirek, C-Cozy Glow, ho-how did you find me here, how did you get set free, how did you get past my guards?"

"Hahaha, hearing you stutter like that is Cute and Hilarious, well, we actually have no idea how we got out either, and it was pretty easy to find where you were, and we might have drained all of your guards' Magic too"

Cozy Glow then started maniacally laughing as Queen Chrysalis continued the convo.

"We've been secretly and stealthily gaining Magic in Ponyville with hardly anypony noticing us or the fact we were missing from our statues, and now, it's time for us to do what we should have done to you a LONG time ago! And Finish you off, Once and for all!"

"I'm not going to let that happen to me"

Then, the Trio of Villains and Twilight Sparkle started battling and fighting each other with their Magic, Twilight was really trying her best to shoot at them, and at the same time, avoid and dodge all of their power beam shots too, but she was finding it really difficult when she was outnumbered and tried focusing on all three of them, after a while, Chrysalis got a really good shot on Twilight, which knocked the Ruler of Equestria down to two hooves, and then, Tirek got another really good shot at Twilight, knocking her back and making her slam head into one of the pillars, knocking the Princess Unconscious and Helpless.

As Flash Sentry was going inside the Castle at that moment to send in his Resignation, he saw the whole thing unfold from a distance away, and he looked in shock, he knew he somehow had to find a way to save the Princess and his former lover from getting seriously hurt or even killed by those Villains, and just as when it looked like they were about to Finish Twilight off with one more power beam, Flash threw a spear and it just missed Chrysalis, and then he jumped in front of the Motionless Alicorn, and held out a shield in front of them.

"Stand back you three! I cannot allow you to hurt the Princess!"

Chrysalis was not impressed by what Flash Sentry did.

"Oh, Really? Is that so? Guess that means we'll have to finish you off too!"

Flash then realized to himself, that this could finally be the opportunity he's been waiting for to prove himself and his worth. He then bravely was blocking all of the Power Beam shots with his shield, trying to defend Twilight as much as possible, even if it meant risking his own life for her, but, it was a sacrifice that he was willing to make, Flash knew however that he couldn't do this halting forever, and after a while, Chrysalis blasted Flash Sentry in his right hoove, which was not protected by his suit of armor, and Flash winced in pain, holding his right hoove, which started to bleed quite badly.

"No, no, come on, come on"

Flash tried to slow down his bleeding, but that also left him quite vulnerable to the trio of Villains, but just as the other Villains were about to finish Flash Sentry off, a Familiar Unicorn came in, and he stood in front of the injured Flash Sentry, and tried his hardest to defend him and Twilight, Flash was really surprised by who it turned out to be.

"Shining Armor!? What are you doing here?"

"Helping out my Sister, and a fellow Soldier!"

Shining then smiled at Flash, and Flash smiled at him back, he was really happy and relieved to see Shining help him out, and they both then started throwing spears together and holding their shields out for Twilight, but it soon became clear that they needed to do something else in order to get Twilight to safety or else none of them were going to make it out of there alive, and after a little thinking, Shining came up with a very risky idea.

"Flash, you go and get my Sister to safety, I'll distract these three villains and buy you some time to escape"

Flash was shocked by what Shining suggested and couldn't let a Pony who helped him so much in his dark times in his life, do this on his own, and turn his back on him.

"What? No! I'm not leaving you behind to these Villains!"

"Flash, if you don't abandon me now, we're all going to die from these three, I'll be alright! I'll live! You have to go now!

Shining then placed a Hoove on Flash Sentry's right shoulder and he knew at that moment that Shining was dead serious about this plan, and that there was no changing his mind, so, Flash eventually listened to his Captain, carefully picked up the injured and Out Cold Princess, and placed her on his back, and flew away from Canterlot Castle, and then Flash thought where could he go where he knew Twilight could get a lot of help AND be Safe, then he realized he had to get her to Ponyville, knowing that Twilight's friends would probably be there to help her out, he then took one more look at Shining Armor crawling on the ground to try to fight them off before losing sight of him, and then Flash was well high into the Sky, where he knew the Villainous Trio would not be able to spot him and track him down.