• Published 4th Aug 2023
  • 1,092 Views, 5 Comments

The Rise of a Sentry - AndrewGamerGL



A Story about Flash Sentry's Journey through life.

  • ...
9
 5
 1,092

Chapter 19: Heartbreak

Flash Sentry at this point was probably in his most miserable mood ever, In an attempt to save his job, he had to call off the Relationship he had with Twilight, he really didn't want to do it, but he didn't want to cause any friction between Twilight and her family members, he cared about Shining Armor and wanted the two of them to be on good terms, cause he also knows how much Twilight's brother means to her looking at her old photos, still, it hurted Flash inside of him, and he knew he needed some pony for Advice and Comfort, so, he went to Flash Magnus' home, and knocked on his door, and of course, Flash Magnus opened his door, quite surprised Flash came to him at this point of time, and he noticed that the yellow Coated Pegasus was feeling and looking more down that he normally used to.

"Hey Flash, what makes you come here to my place at this point of time?"

"Magnus, can I please stay at your place for the night?"

"S-sure, but, is there something wrong my Great Grandson?"

"I'll explain a bit later, for now, please open up some Apple Cider for us"

"Oh, okay"

After Flash Magnus got a couple of drinks of Cider from his fridge and put them on his Living room table, Flash immediately grabbed and finished his drink, gulping it in almost one go, so, Flash Magnus decided to start asking Flash for some Serious questions.

"So, let me guess Sentry, you are feeling Heartbroken"

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, I know usually when somepony is feeling Heartbroken, they will try to drink their pain away, what happened?"

Flash took another gulp of Cider before speaking up.

"I had to break up with a pony that I really liked, perhaps even loved, in order to be on good terms with her brother"

"Ohhh, Oof, Yeah, that sucks"

"It's not fair Magnus! I really do care and love her, but her brother thinks it would be "too awkward" for us to be together when all I've done is treat Twilight like the pony she deserves to be treated by, with utmost respect and care, and to make matters worse, my job ain't even worth much anymore, cause there's pretty much no danger left in Equestria, and I still have yet to have a moment to prove myself and to shine, i'm still pretty much a lost cause, who did almost nothing as a Castle Guard Member"

"Oh, come on, that's not true, you do quite a few important things as a Castle Guard Member"

"Oh, really? All I've done since I got that job, was watch for the Cameras, announce Important Ponies, send and receive letters, something almost everypony is capable of doing! Tell me, what's the worth in that!?"

Flash Magnus then stayed silent, he did not know how to answer that.

"All I've wanted in my life, was to feel like i'm somepony important, somepony useful, who can make a difference and be the best there is for helping others, and I've barely done any of that!"

Flash Sentry then sighed heavily, and then said something Flash Magnus did not expect him to say.

"I'm going to be searching for other jobs this week, and if I do find something that can give me a decent Salary, i'm going to quit and leave my job as a Castle Guard Member"

Flash Magnus again was unsure how to respond to that, but he then decided to speak out some words that he knew were wise.

"Look, Sentry, my Grandson, take your time about this, don't make any rushed decisions that you might regret later"

Flash Magnus then kindly and gently placed a hoof on Flash Sentry's back.

"I'm sorry Sentry"

Flash Sentry then went into the guest room that Flash Magnus gave him, and he went to bed, and then started crying on the pillow, didn't know what to do, and was feeling sad and heartbroken over the decisions he had to make.