• Published 4th Aug 2023
  • 1,093 Views, 5 Comments

The Rise of a Sentry - AndrewGamerGL



A Story about Flash Sentry's Journey through life.

  • ...
9
 5
 1,093

Chapter 11: A Flash meets another Flash

So, one week has now passed, and just like Shining Armor had said and promised, Flash was transfered by him to Canterlot, and his home was also set up there, Flash took a few days in Canterlot to set up his home inside to make it look more inviting, and after that he was all set, then for the next two years, Flash would find himself a bit more content, he had a lot more to do there unlike in the Crystal Empire, such as delivering messages to Celestia and Luna, as well as being a Scout for any trouble that might come within Canterlot, and throughout those times, he did manage to fend off a few robbers here and there from time to time, but nothing too major or anything to write home about had shown up just yet, still though, Flash was now a lot more patient and understanding that his big moment would come, on the plus sides of all that, he now had a little bit more spare time on his hooves, and he did manage to see Princess Twilight a bit more often now because she visits the Canterlot Library from time to time.

However, it seemed like every time Flash was free from his duties, Twilight was either in a far away location or busy and vice versa, so, Flash decided not to focus on trying to talk with the Princess too much, plus, he knew the duties of a Princess were at utmost Importance, and he didn't want to be interfering or distracting too much.

One Day, while Flash Sentry was in his free time off duties, and just listening to the radio for music stations that he could dance to, he ran into another Pegasus whom he had not seen before, and looked a lot like him, the only differences were that he had a slightly darker yellow coat, with a red colored mane instead of blue like his, and it looked like he was wearing a Drill Sargent's Suit.

"Oh Hello, I didn't see you there"

"Eh, it's alright, I was just taking a break from my new job"

"I see you're a Drill Sargent, doesn't that mean you get to train other new ponies to be Royal guards?"

"Why Yes that is correct, it may take a while and might be some hard work, but I think some of the new guards will get the hang of it"

"I see, but, aren't you new to this field?"

"Well, not exactly, you see, I was actually trapped in limbo for over a thousand years with the other Pillars of Equestria and the Pony of Shadows, but ever since the Pony Of Shadows is now no more, and Stygian is brought back to us and the other pillars, we've tried now to find our own work someplace else, and I found a job that is similar to the old field of work that I used to have back in the old days"

Flash Sentry then was jaw dropped, he knew at that moment who exactly he was talking to and felt starstruck.

"You-You are Flash Magnus! The one and only Flash Magnus! Oh my Gosh! I heard so many stories about you and the other pillars, but you're my favorite one, you're an Equestrian Legend, I have so many to ask you"

Flash Magnus then chuckled at the Fanboying Flash Sentry was giving him.

"I'm sure there will be a time for me to answer your questions in the future, but yeah, that's not the only reason why I came here to Canterlot"

"Oh, so, what's the other reason?"

"Well, I've also come here to look for the descendants of my Family, but, the last recorded name that I could find in the Canterlot Files, was "Crew""

Flash Sentry then thought for a little while, then stopped cold, cause he then realized something pretty shocking.

"T-Tha-That's my Grandfather's name"

Flash Magnus then looked at Flash Sentry in Shock, rubbed his eyes, then asked him a crucial question to confirm if his suspicions were true.

"What's your name?"

"Flash Sentry sir"

Flash Magnus then realized it and couldn't believe it, could it be? Both of them took a step back from each other, then slowly came back towards each other, and stared at each other.

"Do you know what this means?"

"You're one of my Descendants!"

"I actually can't believe it!"

Flash Sentry and Flash Magnus then hugged each other hard, then, Flash Magnus' Alarm went off.

"Ah, Shit, that means I must get back to my station, but here is the address of where I live"

Flash Magnus then gave Flash Sentry a Paper, that had his written Address on it.

"At night time when my work here is done, please come by my place for a visit"

"Sure, that would be great!"

Flash Magnus then flew back to his station in the Canterlot Castle as Flash went back to listening to his music, still Starstruck though that he met possibly his many times great Grandfather, and as expected, when it turned nighttime, Flash Sentry arrived at Magnus' House, Magnus opened the door and greeted him, and instantly welcomed him inside, after relaxing for a bit and having a few drinks of Cider, they talked about stories of the Pillars including Flash Magnus' Heroic deeds and what happened afterwards with Stygian and the Pony Of Shadows.

"Wait, so, Stygian is now back with you, and he's reformed?"

"Well, it was more of a miscommunication, but yeah, Stygian is here and well in Equestria, and it's good to have him back, he was like a mentor and Leader for us, I also heard he wants to become an Author for his side Career.

"Oh, that's really cool"

Sentry and Magnus then talked about some of the citizens of Canterlot and mock their snobbish behavior and had some good laughs over it pretending to act like them, then, Flash Magnus asked Flash Sentry how he got here to become a Castle guard member and Sentry took a big breath and sighed, then told Magnus about his hard Childhood, and how he got the opportunity to get his job.

"Wow, you really went through a lot to get here"

"Yeah, but, I still don't know if everything I've done so far in my life is worth it"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, ever since I've become a Castle guard member, I haven't really had much opportunities to do anything really exciting or something that makes me feel alive, but also, when something does come up, I usually get knocked out or taken out before I even know what hit me, and by the time i'm up, it's already too late to fix anything"

"Oh Yeah, I understand that feeling, I also didn't get much opportunities at first, but, if there's anything I've learned, it's that eventually when the stars align, and the timing's right, your big opportunity will come, and that's when you have to put aside any fears that you have, and make sure to help save lives and make the lives of other ponies easier and to make Equestria overall, a batter place to be in"

"Yes, and I can't wait for that day when it comes"

After chatting for a little while longer, Flash Sentry then decided that it was best for him to leave now, since it was getting pretty late.

"Alright, I've had a great time with you my Great Grandchild, take care!"

"You too my Great many times Grandfather!"

"And if you ever wanna come by and chat with me some more, you know where to come at this exact same place and time every night"

Flash Sentry then flew for a while and arrived back at his home after a few minutes, and then he took care of himself, eating, took a shower, then went straight to his bed, and fell asleep, thinking not only has he made a new friend, he had met his many times Grandfather too.